Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t disagree on the points thing, but not sure what the transfer thing has to do with much, unless you mean he may walk if no transfers appear?

More poor results, more frustration from Brendan on a lack of incomings and calling it out in the press and it could come to a head. Not necessarily him walking but the club pulling the trigger.

Guest StevieLynex

BR has only himself to blame. Last year, during the Summer, he was given funds to bring in new players. He would have assured Top and Rudders that we would do well in the Europa League and would be in Europe again this season. It was on this basis, that the money was made available. As it turns out, we missed out on Europe and are stuck with players that no one else wants to buy, and players that want to leave. Why should Top provide funding for BR?

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

What about his other signings: Bertrand, Perez, Praet, Soumare, Daka, Under?

The question was about "last years deadwood". 

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It’s because of him we can’t though! Signing the deadwood from last year has caused serious issues for this year 

Bertrand, an aging left back, was signed to replace another aging left back. Again,  it didn't work out, maybe it was covid, I don't know? 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Well, no, because I've never bought into the ridiculous groupthink on here. I know which team I support and I don't expect us to win every week. Disappointment is part of life as a Leicester fan. 

Sorry, I think we've misinterpreted each other then. When you referred to toxicity around him I perhaps wrongly assumed that you meant within the club. What the fans think is indeed another  matter.

Let me rephrase - do you think everything's hunky dory behind closed doors?

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Webbo said:

The question was about "last years deadwood". 

Bertrand, an aging left back, was signed to replace another aging left back. Again,  it didn't work out, maybe it was covid, I don't know? 

What was the point of signing Perez, Praet and Soumare?

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

BR has only himself to blame. Last year, during the Summer, he was given funds to bring in new players. He would have assured Top and Rudders that we would do well in the Europa League and would be in Europe again this season. It was on this basis, that the money was made available. As it turns out, we missed out on Europe and are stuck with players that no one else wants to buy, and players that want to leave. Why should Top provide funding for BR?

When will Top pull the trigger then if he isn't going to back him? probably after the Chelsea or United game?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

See this blows my mind, Brendan is an insincere man, he always has been publicly, why do people keep expecting sincerity: it’s not a job condition, it’s has never been in his make up, yet people are still appalled by it, each and every time.

:nigel:

It might not be a job condition but it is traditionally* important part of leading, especially when you’ve got tens of thousands of people listening to what you’re saying.

It matters a lot to me that people operating in leadership positions at the club are sincere and demonstrate integrity. That’s based on my personal value set and nothing else, other fans will have different values and won’t mind - I understand that.

I did try really hard to look past that. For 2 years or so it was bearable, and of course the success on the pitch helped. But there was also a point about 2 years ago where Rodgers did show a bit of humility and sincerity, adapting his approach against the “big” teams to great success at the start of 20/21 and adapting to the mounting injuries without fuss. The way he handled the Maddison/Perez/Barnes/Choudhury lockdown breaking was, I thought, commendable, even though it cost us on the pitch.

But as soon as things started to turn, Rodgers defaulted to the worst version of himself and I think that’s what I’ve struggled with.

*I say traditionally because I note the same sorts of excuses being made for BR as another high profile leader who has been in the news over the past few years.

Guest StevieLynex

Perfect for BR would be Man Utd once ETH gets the push after losing the first five games. Stick with him until then to save on the compensation

Just now, Webbo said:

Take a look at the first few pages of the Vestagaard thread, nobody was criticising  the signing then. It hasn't worked out, these things happen. 

The forum is full of amateur observers. There were plenty of reasons to doubt his suitability - he’s not exactly the mobile and assertive centre back BR tends to enthuse over. He played for Southampton - proud owners for many years of one of the Premier League’s worst defences. Set against that Kasper must have had a good awareness of his strengths and weaknesses - and for the recruitment team - remember headed by Brendan’s right hand man - he wasn’t exactly hidden away and difficult to assess. 

Most of us realised the club was up against it after Fofana’s  injury and that Vestergaard was perhaps the best we could expect in the circumstances. He at least seemed a trade up on Ryan Bennett. 

But we are not paid six figure sums (and more) to get these things right. Brendan and his team are. And as with many of the decisions we’re going back over now - they either needed to say  Vestergaard is the wrong man - here’s a better idea that will cost about the same - or accept the signing and play a style that allowed Vestergaard to play to his maximum. It is the failure of Brendan and his team to do either of those which has left us in this mess - players the managers doesn’t want but whose confidence and reputation has deteriorated to a level where they are difficult to sell. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, whoareyaaa said:

When will Top pull the trigger then if he isn't going to back him? probably after the Chelsea or United game?

I wonder whether Vichai would have got rid, if he was still alive

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, smudgerfox said:

The forum is full of amateur observers. There were plenty of reasons to doubt his suitability - he’s not exactly the mobile and assertive centre back BR tends to enthuse over. He played for Southampton - proud owners for many years of one of the Premier League’s worst defences. Set against that Kasper must have had a good awareness of his strengths and weaknesses - and for the recruitment team - remember headed by Brendan’s right hand man - he wasn’t exactly hidden away and difficult to assess. 

Most of us realised the club was up against it after Fofana’s  injury and that Vestergaard was perhaps the best we could expect in the circumstances. He at least seemed a trade up on Ryan Bennett. 

But we are not paid six figure sums (and more) to get these things right. Brendan and his team are. And as with many of the decisions we’re going back over now - they either needed to say  Vestergaard is the wrong man - here’s a better idea that will cost about the same - or accept the signing and play a style that allowed Vestergaard to play to his maximum. It is the failure of Brendan and his team to do either of those which has left us in this mess - players the managers doesn’t want but whose confidence and reputation has deteriorated to a level where they are difficult to sell. 

Surely Kolo, as an ex centre back, would have had an idea as to how good this guy was?

I think there are a few reasons he hasn’t been sacked yet.

- Compensation would be high
- Lack of any stand out available managers
- Any new manager coming in won’t be able to bring in new faces, so who would be interested?

He may be gone after the World Cup, should our downfall continue and potential managers become available post the tournament.

2 minutes ago, taupe said:

Sorry, I think we've misinterpreted each other then. When you referred to toxicity around him I perhaps wrongly assumed that you meant within the club. What the fans think is indeed another  matter.

Let me rephrase - do you think everything's hunky dory behind closed doors?

I wouldnt claim to know. Is Brendan unhappy about the lack of signings, probably. Does everyone in the club get on with everyone else, it'd be an unusual workplace if they did. None of that necessarily means the club is disfunctional atm. 

All the stories about what's happening behind the scenes don't seemed to be based on anything other the imagination of people with an axe to ground. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They did well pre-season. Neither given a run of games. Both have to be a better option in a suitable formation than now serial underperformer Tielemans, nothing to lose there. 

Neither of them are anywhere near the ability of youri.

8 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

That's fair, I wouldn't argue with any of that.

It's just the rewriting of history by some on here that gets on my tits. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Surely Kolo, as an ex centre back, would have had an idea as to how good this guy was?

This is it. How good is the team he surrounds himself with? What is Congerton’s record? What has Kolo been doing while our defence has been falling apart? Are they chosen to be yes men ? Or are they just mates who Brendan feels comfortable with? Is he capable of looking any of them in the eye and saying you’re not doing  it and I’m bringing someone else in? These are people who stood silent while we brought in Ryan Bennett, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Soumare, Praet, Perez - all of whom have failed in their own ways. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Pep and  Klopp and afew others in the Premier league are successful because their players believe in them.

Don't think our players totally believe in Brendan now..... we've got a manager who doesn't know what direction to control and drive the ship

I think the 100s of millions they spend on players every year helps as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

This is it. How good is the team he surrounds himself with? What is Congerton’s record? What has Kolo been doing while our defence has been falling apart? Are they chosen to be yes men ? Or are they just mates who Brendan feels comfortable with? Is he capable of looking any of them in the eye and saying you’re not doing  it and I’m bringing someone else in? These are people who stood silent while we brought in Ryan Bennett, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Soumare, Praet, Perez - all of whom have failed in their own ways. 

We have brought in a set piece coach - does Kolo have no idea how to fix things?

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Get out of our club!!!!!! You are not better than us!

How many Premier Leagues has BR won compared to LCFC?

My opinion is the club don’t want to back Rodgers with any more cash to waste in the transfer market, i think they believe there is enough quality in the current squad to be comfortable this season, if we can move on some of the unwanted players then great and this can then be used to being in players who fit our model or will be saved for the winter and next summers transfer window when Glover will have had time to bed in. 

I honestly believe the club and Brendan are at a stage when a parting of the ways is inevitable and one way of another he will be gone within the next 4-6 weeks maximum. It is just a battle of who blinks first do the club cut their losses, sack him but pay out significant compo or do they try and force Brendan to quit/mutual consent which will bring down the compensation payment.