Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

My opinion is the club don’t want to back Rodgers with any more cash to waste in the transfer market, i think they believe there is enough quality in the current squad to be comfortable this season, if we can move on some of the unwanted players then great and this can then be used to being in players who fit our model or will be saved for the winter and next summers transfer window when Glover will have had time to bed in. 

I honestly believe the club and Brendan are at a stage when a parting of the ways is inevitable and one way of another he will be gone within the next 4-6 weeks maximum. It is just a battle of who blinks first do the club cut their losses, sack him but pay out significant compo or do they try and force Brendan to quit/mutual consent which will bring down the compensation payment. 

“Maybe he has a Forest above us in the league clause” so if that happens he will be sacked here is hoping :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

But that’s what we’ve done under Rodgers.

(My head hurts reading this thread.)

Yes,  what we 'have done'... 

It pains me to say it,  but we are not doing it now.

If the last 18 Months under his management is a yard stick to judge him by,  I fear our fortunes won't be changing soon... 

21 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

BR has only himself to blame. Last year, during the Summer, he was given funds to bring in new players. He would have assured Top and Rudders that we would do well in the Europa League and would be in Europe again this season. It was on this basis, that the money was made available. As it turns out, we missed out on Europe and are stuck with players that no one else wants to buy, and players that want to leave. Why should Top provide funding for BR?

Quite simple because if Top doesn't enable us to bring players in then we'll continue to regress. Whether BR deserves it or not then becomes whether he should be manager or not, if he should be in the eyes of Top and the board then back him. Move players on, lower our demands and recruit better.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

“Maybe he has a Forest above us in the league clause” so if that happens he will be sacked here is hoping :D

Or we can release him when Man Utd come calling

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite simple because if Top doesn't enable us to bring players in then we'll continue to regress. Whether BR deserves it or not then becomes whether he should be manager or not, if he should be in the eyes of Top and the board then back him. Move players on, lower our demands and recruit better.

I don't want BR to oversee this. He is to blame for the mess we are in

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Hang on we're constantly told that Brendan can't sign a player and all our best players were signed by Puel. Even with a disastrous injury list Brendan finished higher. 

Will we qualify for Europe again under Rodgers, I don't know. I'd say, being Leicester City, it's as likely as under any other manager. 

With a more experienced squad and also a better one that Puel had access to for the vast majority of his time here. Rodgers has been a flop in the transfer market, in Soumare, Vestegaard, Betrand, Perez and Praet, he's had more failures than successes (JJ, Castagne, Fofana, Tielemans if you give him credit for making that loan permanent), and as such is mostly relying on Puels squad, but for the majority of his time here the CM options available to Puel were Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Iborra. We complained about how the football was a bit turgid and lacked attacking flair (which let's be honest came when Mahrez left, before that Puel took us to Southampton, West Brom and Spurs and had us hit 4 away from home in each of those games) but with those midfield options, is it any wonder? None of them are line breakers, you've got two destroyers and two water carriers there. Rodgers has access to two players who are capable of breaking lines in Tielemans and Praet and has us playing as tedious a football as we've seen.

Puel left a good squad for the future but couldn't get a tune out of it at the time, it is now the future and we're as out of tune as we were then.

24 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Perfect for BR would be Man Utd once ETH gets the push after losing the first five games. Stick with him until then to save on the compensation

Why on earth would Utd go for Brendan?

Ex Liverpool, doing poorly (and that's being kind) for a long period at his current club.

I'd love to know why you think a massive club that's in disarray, would turn to him.

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Sure it helps massively, but can have teams that don't spend billions but the players still totally believe in their manager 

eg Brentford, Brighton, Leeds

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Weller Wing said:

Why on earth would Utd go for Brendan?

Ex Liverpool, doing poorly (and that's being kind) for a long period at his current club.

I'd love to know why you think a massive club that's in disarray, would turn to him.

Precisely because they are in disarray and have no idea what they are doing, hence appointing BR would be the wrong decision but who cares.

31 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

He should have pulled the trigger after the Forest game last season. Utterly unforgiveable result. 

Youre right, but historically the owners have given managers time unless our premier league status is at risk. They backed Don Claudio almost to disaster

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, midland_red said:

Youre right, but historically the owners have given managers time unless our premier league status is at risk. They backed Don Claudio almost to disaster

Think he had more credit in the bank than BR

3 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Draw against Soton following loses  to Chelsea and ManU. We are in bottom 3.

pundits start praising  Ten Hag for his first win and future revolution while Brendan is sacked 

That is not an implausible scenario

He was very edgy in thr bbc interview... almost like he is expecting a killer question.

"Brendan, the fans are saying you're a clown and your own decisions are causing the club to drop points.  Thet say the board are fed up with you. Why are you the right guy for Leicester city?"