Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

He was very edgy in thr bbc interview... almost like he is expecting a killer question.

"Brendan, the fans are saying you're a clown and your own decisions are causing the club to drop points.  Thet say the board are fed up with you. Why are you the right guy for Leicester city?"

Do genuinely think he should get the sack if Forest are above us come 4pm today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is partly to blame for this mess but the reason we now cannot get players in is because our policy of paying hideously big wages to almost all of our 1st team squad has left us snookered after this FFP rule change by UEFA. That's on Rudkin and the club, nothing to do with Rodgers whatsoever. 

How Jon Rudkin thought it par for the course to pay Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard nearly £80k a week is frightening. They backed the manager idly and I'm not having it that they are all innocent in this because if we don't demand they are held to account we won't get out of this mess. They have to learn from their mistakes too and quickly.

One thing this regime has done well is learn from their mistakes !!

They realised the mistakes of the 16/17 window and started to buy young players with potential we could sell for a profit.

I wonder if we’re on the brink of another change in strategy because of the mistakes we’ve made.

I feel like we could build a squad of players who actually want to play for us and build a career here, instead of using us as a stepping stone or to pick up a big wage :dunno:. The Okazaki, Fuchs, Vardy and Schmeichel’s of this world do still exist. I think JJ, Maddison, Barnes, KDH and a couple of others will follow in their footsteps and build something with us.

Its cliche but a mixture of youth from the academy, experienced professionals and players entering their prime years has always been the best strategy. We desperately need to find the right balance again.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

BR is playing a style of football that should keep us in PL. As low risk as possible and boring to watch. No passion and all about percentages. My 13 year old has nearly dozed off in the ground watching this. Would sooner BR moves on and we play something that is fun to watch and we can enjoy match days,

whatever League / Division we end up in. 

Edited by Frankanddad

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is partly to blame for this mess but the reason we now cannot get players in is because our policy of paying hideously big wages to almost all of our 1st team squad has left us snookered after this FFP rule change by UEFA. That's on Rudkin and the club, nothing to do with Rodgers whatsoever. 

How Jon Rudkin thought it par for the course to pay Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard nearly £80k a week is frightening. They backed the manager idly and I'm not having it that they are all innocent in this because if we don't demand they are held to account we won't get out of this mess. They have to learn from their mistakes too and quickly.

This is very true as well. We've been way too Kind with contracts in general. Hamza was on too much as well. Just for being a local lad. I think rudkin and them all can rebound. Rodgers? Not so much. His track record is much worse 

58 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But he hasn't shown that ability for a long time now, that's my point. Play on current form, not past reputation or Muzzy Izzet would still be playing for us.

im a bit lost on the current form of preat and soumare. Looking OK against dross in pre season doesn't count does it?

41 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. I must stress I was no fan of Puel's at all but honestly I'm not sure I found even him this infuriating.

I mean TBF Puel was open and honest, intensitee may have become a meme because of how often he said it, and he might have had the most boring voice in the world, but he told us the truth, acknowledged the problems and just didn't seem to have the answers on how to fix them. Rodgers meanwhile lies through his teeth to everyone because everything and everyone is secondary to Brand Brendan 

• Like 1

This may be a somewhat left field point to raise, but I've never been happy about Brendan Rodgers living 90 miles away in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Assuming that he commutes from there daily, it means that probably 3 hours or more of his working day are spent travelling to and fro. Imo, that in itself is not conducive to him being able to give of his best to what must be a very difficult (and of course extremely well-paid) job. If he had moved much nearer to Leicester at the time he took up the position, that would have been a good indicator of his long-term commitment to our club. By continuing to live near Manchester, it's like he's just waiting for a call from Old Trafford all the while. 

• Haha 2

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Always find the argument that people say Rodgers is only out to look after himself a bit weird, like do you really think he doesn’t want the best for LCFC too? We’re all on the same side here.

Like every human being, he's selfish, and BR comes first

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

This may be a somewhat left field point to raise, but I've never been happy about Brendan Rodgers living 90 miles away in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Assuming that he commutes from there daily, it means that probably 3 hours or more of his working day are spent travelling to and fro. Imo, that in itself is not conducive to him being able to give of his best to what must be a very difficult (and of course extremely well-paid) job. If he had moved much nearer to Leicester at the time he took up the position, that would have been a good indicator of his long-term commitment to our club. By continuing to live near Manchester, it's like he's just waiting for a call from Old Trafford all the while

If only

This may be a somewhat left field point to raise, but I've never been happy about Brendan Rodgers living 90 miles away in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Assuming that he commutes from there daily, it means that probably 3 hours or more of his working day are spent travelling to and fro. Imo, that in itself is not conducive to him being able to give of his best to what must be a very difficult (and of course extremely well-paid) job. If he had moved much nearer to Leicester at the time he took up the position, that would have been a good indicator of his long-term commitment to our club. By continuing to live near Manchester, it's like he's just waiting for a call from Old Trafford all the while. 

He lived in Newtown Linford until last season

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

But I like us qualifying for Europe.  I'd waited for all my life to win the cup. I'd rather have that than a manager who calls journalists ostriches. 

Out of interest, when do you think the next season where we can consider ourselves as challenging for europe will be under Rodgers? Do you think it could still be this season? Also when do you think we're next going to win a trophy or even get to a final?

Don't really have an issue with this as Sean Dyche commuted from Kettering to Burnley everyday for example and you couldn't question his commitment.

Not a choice I'd make personally but couldn't care less as long as they went about the business (which is questionable at the moment agreed).

I've said it before i'm sorry @Webbo but I just don't understand how you were so staunchly against Puel but are staunchly for Rodgers.

It's virtually the same situation, the same boring, laborious, tedious, sideways and backwards, tippy tappy shite.

It's my word against yours, your word against mine but i'm not sure it's a simple as Rodgers has got us higher in the table than Puel did, If Puel did it I don't believe you'd have spoke about him in the same glowing terms you do of Rodgers, you've spoke about agenda's (We heard alot of that word under Puel, you [and I] certainly had an agenda against Puel) and the vitriol you spouted about playing style under Puel (Again, as did I), yet you're letting it slide and actively supporting it under Rodgers, just because he got us higher, nah, i'm not having it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Guessing you weren't happy with Kasper living in Manchester then?

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

He lived in Newtown Linford until last season

Does he still rent his place near Liverpool to Klopp? He’s covering his options for next job. think he’ll be the first Prem Manager to go this season even before the Man U geezer. He’s run out of patience with the lack of signings and the players clearly are fed up with his voice / plans and inflexibility. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've said it before i'm sorry @Webbo but I just don't understand how you were so staunchly against Puel but are staunchly for Rodgers.

It's virtually the same situation, the same boring, laborious, tedious, sideways and backwards, tippy tappy shite.

It's my word against yours, your word against mine but i'm not sure it's a simple as Rodgers has got us higher in the table than Puel did, If Puel did it I don't believe you'd have spoke about him in the same glowing terms you do of Rodgers, you've spoke about agenda's (We heard alot of that word under Puel, you [and I] certainly had an agenda against Puel) and the vitriol you spouted about playing style under Puel, yet you're letting it slide and actively supporting it under Rodgers, just because he got us higher, nah, i'm not having it.

So what's your theory then? Do you think I'm secretly in the pay of the club, because if I am, they owe me 2 years wages. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

So what's your theory then? Do you think I'm secretly in the pay of the club, because if I am, they owe me 2 years wages. 

No theory, i'm just struggling to understand the acceptance of the style you were so dead set against.

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it really that simple though? Unless you want to have an argument every time we move for a player - if the manager says he wants a player doesn’t the recruitment team just move hell and high water to get him? Or if you want to extend a players contract then he’ll ask for a pay rise. And the going rate will be what the high earners got….

So let’s just imagine BR said he wants Bertrand (there’s a strong enough connection to assume that) - and Rudkin says his wage and contract demands make him too expensive a risk. Then what happens? There aren’t too many attacking left full backs/wing backs with top level experience out there. 

I think the club grinds to a halt under those circumstances- a recruitment team unable to meet the demands of a successful and ambitious manager …a manager unable to develop the team he wants. 

With the benefit of hindsight we’d want Rudkin to veto that particular deal but you can see how relationships could quickly sour - especially with BR s right hand man as head of recruitment…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, String fellow said:

He has lived in Leicestershire for most of the time hasn’t he ? Only moved recently 

Just now, Matt said:

No theory, i'm just struggling to understand the acceptance of the style you were so dead set against.

I don't accept it is exactly the same. We're scoring more goals, winning more games, qualifying for Europe, winning cups, I enjoy that.  Even yesterday we played some wonderful stuff in patches. 

Puel was crap, I don't think Rodgers record is that bad. 

That's my opinion, I'm sure the brains trust on here will give their usual lolreply, but i don't care. 

• Haha 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

It’s not really the same as Puel, though. We still score goals, which isn’t something that Puel’s team really did - Vardy was basically a one man team at times. 

It’s frustrating to only have 1 point after 2 games, and Rodgers got it wrong yesterday picking the same team as last week and setting up with a back 3 containing Amartey, but I’ve seen enough in the first couple games that gives me hope that we’ll be pushing for around 7th, if we make some slight changes and get a decent winger in before the deadline shuts. 

If only we were basing our opinions on 2 games.

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s not really the same as Puel, though. We still score goals, which isn’t something that Puel’s team really did - Vardy was basically a one man team at times. 

It’s frustrating to only have 1 point after 2 games, and Rodgers got it wrong yesterday picking the same team as last week and setting up with a back 3 containing Amartey, but I’ve seen enough in the first couple games that gives me hope that we’ll be pushing for around 7th, if we make some slight changes and get a decent winger in before the deadline shuts. 

Well I hope the signings are going to be good.

Man City, scousers, spurs,arsenal, Chelsea should more or less be top 5.

Can't see how people think we'll be in the next cluster of sides.

Hope you're right though 👍