Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest itude

My simple answers to two of the points made by those who wants Rodgers to stay

1. "Just wait for the next win and he will be a genius"

I don't care if we beat Southampton 6-0, it will not change my view of him. My judgement, and that of many others is based on the last 15 months or so, and that is of a clear downward trend. Also of someone who does not appear to be able to fix that.

2. "You all seem to forget the two 5th places and the FA cup win"

No one is forgetting that, but you cannot live on past successes forever can you ? Claudio won us the league, a fantastic  achievement, yet sadly he had to go. How much longer do we have to wait before Rodgers time is up then ?

Rodgers supporters seem to try and portray those of us who want him to go as being knee jerk reactors with short memories. Sorry but nothing could be further from the truth.

My question to them is how much more evidence do you need before you accept that just like Claudio, Rodgers has had his time, and it is time for him to go ?

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

There might not be signings, I reckon it will only be 1 - a right winger on loan. Unless Fofana goes to Chelsea. 

Yeah, I agree that that will be the top 5. Taking Man United out of it, I don’t think there’s a team with a better squad than ours after that. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

West Ham are far stronger,better attacking players and are far more resilient in defence, with a manager that can organise a team very well.

Every aspect of us currently, screams of a side that will struggle 

12 minutes ago, itude said:

My simple answers to two of the points made by those who wants Rodgers to stay

1. "Just wait for the next win and he will be a genius"

I don't care if we beat Southampton 6-0, it will not change my view of him. My judgement, and that of many others is based on the last 15 months or so, and that is of a clear downward trend. Also of someone who does not appear to be able to fix that.

2. "You all seem to forget the two 5th places and the FA cup win"

No one is forgetting that, but you cannot live on past successes forever can you ? Claudio won us the league, a fantastic  achievement, yet sadly he had to go. How much longer do we have to wait before Rodgers time is up then ?

Rodgers supporters seem to try and portray those of us who want him to go as being knee jerk reactors with short memories. Sorry but nothing could be further from the truth.

My question to them is how much more evidence do you need before you accept that just like Claudio, Rodgers has had his time, and it is time for him to go ?

Leave it to Top, he not only has all the facts, he also has ferocious pit bull called Susan and a small lap dog called Jon.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough. I wouldn’t swap West Ham’s attack for ours, personally. Barnes, Maddison, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho are all as good as what they’ve got. Of course though, have to agree that they are better defensively than we are - haven’t looked great at defending in this first half today but think that has a lot to do with Johnson being played out of position at centre half. 

I wouldn't have swapped before,  but now Vardy is showing signs of being less effective and Barnes seems to get injured a fair bit, I would swap West Hams forward line for ours.

Antonio is a beast and West Ham have bullied us off the park in recent seasons.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Not really mate, I am just utterly pissed at Brendan, I appreciate the good times but for me his era at the club is over. 

Fair enough. The clock suggests he is at or approaching his exit timeline, but he can turn it around, he would be evolving :D

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough. The clock suggests he is at or approaching his exit timeline, but he can turn it around, he would be evolving :D

If he turned it around it would be miracle, for me the most annoying thing is he thinks Vardy can do it all on his own upfront, Prime Vardy for sure but right now he’s better in a two upfront.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is there zero chance of redemption for you?

I am at a point where my mind couldnt be changed. I’m looking at the bigger picture and there are too many worrying signs for a team in transition like us.

He might string some good results together but it will just be papering the cracks before our next collapse. He doesn’t fix the basic issues, his ego prevents him taking any blame, he over works players to the point it’s dangerous and consequently leads to injury problems (and has in all his jobs) and simply the football style is for the most part turgid and not enjoyable. The final nail, is the way he talks about the club in the media. 

It’s not that he’s an awful manager but all the signs are there that he’s taking us backwards and we both need a new challenge.  I’m at a point where I enjoy watching other sides play more than us because our style is so dour.  

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is there zero chance of redemption for you?

Another team being above us after two matches is a different reason for a sacking but honestly I don't see Rodgers having the desire to change things now.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Not really mate, I am just utterly pissed at Brendan, I appreciate the good times but for me his era at the club is over. 

Is it a full moon at the minute ?

Do you think it’s rational to get so hysterical after two games because Forest are above us? That seems absolute insane to me. 

I’m not one that doesn’t have concerns about the way BR sets us up he clearly has made a lot of mistakes. I’m also aware that we’ve dealt with silly amount of injuries and lack of signings this close season. For me no signings reflects in the stale atmosphere at the club not even the dinosaur Allardyce could change that. 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

If he turned it around it would be miracle, for me the most annoying thing is he thinks Vardy can do it all on his own upfront, Prime Vardy for sure but right now he’s better in a two upfront.

Strange thing really, for me, the recent game against Brentford was the one. If we had won from 2-0, I am sure we would largely have been content.

We did not, we were destabilised by a baffling sub (I rate Daka, no,issue with him) when the wonky diamond was working.

I see no sensible reason for it, other than a political comment to the owners/management, and if that is the case and you are not willing to suffer for the team, willing to work with what the club has, what you have had your part in building, then your place is not here.

However. None of this I know, my suspicions are not factual, so I must therefore defer to Top/management, a team has previously shown they are not afraid to pull the most difficult of triggers in sacking Ranieri.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

100 games since that 8 match winning run came to an end in 2019.

Since then we average 1.43 points per game, equivalent to 54 points per season. 

Is that awful? No. But it’s hard not to argue that it’s extremely underwhelming. The reality is we have had short spells where we’ve looked decent but we have been a mid-table side for the best part of 3 years now under Rodgers.

Guest itude
26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Ranieri was taking us down, come on. 

It might not be knee jerk as clearly some people have had this decided for a while that they want him gone, but it’s also a case of what next? If he does go, what’s the strategy? 

Down is relative, do you think Rodgers has taken us up after the FA Cup win then ? "What next" is a good reason to keep him then ?? If it gets down to that level, you must know he has to go.

Do you reckon West Ham fans want Moyes gone yet? After all, they’ve only finished above us once in the last 3 years with no trophies and having spent a lot more on recruiting players. They should be doing a lot better here. 

• Like 1

Guest itude
14 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Is it a full moon at the minute ?

Do you think it’s rational to get so hysterical after two games because Forest are above us? That seems absolute insane to me. 

I’m not one that doesn’t have concerns about the way BR sets us up he clearly has made a lot of mistakes. I’m also aware that we’ve dealt with silly amount of injuries and lack of signings this close season. For me no signings reflects in the stale atmosphere at the club not even the dinosaur Allardyce could change that. 

No it is not, and as I have pointed out before, this is not just an " after two games thing"..how many times do I have to say that ? Please stop trying to portray those of us who want him out as knee jerk reactors.

It is based on a hell of a lot more than two games. Do you not get that ?

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No it’s not. Taking down means taking down to the Championship in this context. Anyway, you didn’t answer my question…

And it’s not a good reason, but it is a valid point that needs addressing if we sack Rodgers. 

Well if we are talking about  not answering questions, hows about you answering mine first them, it was before yours and you have not answered it have you ? Here it is again for you

35 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

have to agree that they are better defensively than we are - haven’t looked great at defending in this first half today but think that has a lot to do with Johnson being played out of position at centre half. 

Our defence is relegation standard even with Fofana and Evans in it - we concede two goals a game and have been doing for well over a year - once the attack malfunctions- we hit relegation form ….

1 minute ago, itude said:

Well if we are talking about  not answering questions, hows about you answering mine first them, it was before yours and you have not answered it have you ? Here it is again for you

Because unlike with Ranieri, someone way better informed than all of us has decided he should not be sacked - how much more evidence do you need?

Edited by Dahnsouff

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Our defence is relegation standard even with Fofana and Evans in it - we concede two goals a game and have been doing for well over a year - once the attack malfunctions- we hit relegation form ….

We appear to be in great danger of that yes.You know who has had a long time to sort that out, has he done so ? I think not

Guest itude
4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because unlike with Ranieri, someone way better informed than all of us has decided he should not be sacked - how much more evidence do you need?

Of what exactly ? That someone more informed than us has decided that ? Well here we go again, what evidence do you have that is a solid unchanging opinion ? We are all entitled to post our views here, I hope those who are "better informed" do at least take some note of that ?! It would help to know what this "better information" is as well, because I struggle to see it !