Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s not really the same as Puel, though. We still score goals, which isn’t something that Puel’s team really did - Vardy was basically a one man team at times. 

It’s frustrating to only have 1 point after 2 games, and Rodgers got it wrong yesterday picking the same team as last week and setting up with a back 3 containing Amartey, but I’ve seen enough in the first couple games that gives me hope that we’ll be pushing for around 7th, if we make some slight changes and get a decent winger in before the deadline shuts. 

Can I ask, what you have seen? What you didn’t see last season and what changes would allow us to not be so amateurish ? 

Guest itude
11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

For me, we'd need to be in a relegation battle that we don't look like getting out of - basically the position Ranieri had us in. 

Again, what would the strategy be if he was sacked now? 

Replace him with an experienced premier league manager who is available and has proven he can work with a limited budget. Sort out Fofana and Tielemans, one way or the other. Plan for an intelligent next transfer window, with presumably a far better recruitment team. Accept that this season may well not be a great one. Build on what we have, slowly but surely. So my turn :)

what exactly do you see as Rodgers plans to sort all of this, and other things out then ?

Edited by itude

1 minute ago, itude said:

Of what exactly ? That someone more informed than us has decided that ? Well here we go again, what evidence do you have that is a solid unchanging opinion ? We are all entitled to post our views here, I hope those who are "better informed" do at least take some note of that ?! It would help to know what this "better information" is as well, because I struggle to see it !

It is not my or your business too know - what are you on about. lol

KP made the call on Ranieri to sack him when they deemed the trajectory was desperate, they clearly do not feel quite this way at this moment, but they will clearly act if they do

As fans looking at (almost singularly unhelpful) social media or other news forms, we see very little of the reality, so sure, let’s chat and exchange opinions but too think they are worth more than that is not realistic.

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wouldn't say a back 4 of JJ, Evans, Fofana and Castagne is relegation standard. On paper, that should be one of the best back lines outside of the big clubs. 

Putting Amartey in it and making it a 5 does seem to screw it up though.

It's putting together relegation standard performances though. So is that a condemnation of the manager, that he's got a top seven squad and has them performing at the back like relegation candidates (and in terms of creativity, so is the attack, just that Vardy is an absurdly good finisher)

• Like 1

It’s easy for us to chat away but if we were Top and the board we’d have to think very carefully about sacking him after two games. Defeat against Southampton and Chelsea would make it different but they decided he would start this season so it’s likely they’ll allow him at least a month. 

However, if we don’t improve and the transfer deadline passes with no further activity he’ll be on borrowed time. The next few weeks will be decisive.

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It is not my or your business too know - what are you on about. lol

KP made the call on Ranieri to sack him when they deemed the trajectory was desperate, they clearly do not feel quite this way at this moment, but they will clearly act if they do

As fans looking at (almost singularly unhelpful) social media or other news forms, we see very little of the reality, so sure, let’s chat and exchange opinions but too think they are worth more than that is not realistic.

I think it is our business, we pay the bills. If you do not, so be it

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Anyone who want to chip in at getting a, Rodgers Out banner flown above the stadium at the next home game? Going to look at prices later 

That will do wonders for morale on the pitch but let’s make it all about the vocal minority eh?  lol

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

The morale on the pitch might rise when the players realise the MAJORITY are behind them, and can see the manager for exactly what he is. 

Rob Tanner disagrees, I will go with his view in this instance thanks

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The morale on the pitch might rise when the players realise the MAJORITY are behind them, and can see the manager for exactly what he is. 

By all accounts the players like him, so not sure how you having a little tantrum does much in that regard :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s easy for us to chat away but if we were Top and the board we’d have to think very carefully about sacking him after two games. Defeat against Southampton and Chelsea would make it different but they decided he would start this season so it’s likely they’ll allow him at least a month. 

However, if we don’t improve and the transfer deadline passes with no further activity he’ll be on borrowed time. The next few weeks will be decisive.

I can't reiterate this enough, its as much on the club/board as it is Rodgers - They either got rid of him at the end of the season or backed him this summer, they chose to do neither.

If we don't improve and the transfer deadline passes with no further activity it'll arguably be more on the club/board than Rodgers.

Their trainset.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That will do wonders for morale on the pitch but let’s make it all about the vocal minority eh?  lol

Minority.

I wouldn't call 76% of a cross section of a demographic the minority.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Find it very strange you still refer to the minority, I have a lot of what I would call level headed Leicester fans who have kept their patience but are now firmly in the out camp.

I personally finally lost faith after the debacle that was Roma away.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because unlike with Ranieri, someone way better informed than all of us has decided he should not be sacked - how much more evidence do you need?

Or they want to see if he’ll jump being shoved to save some dough? 

The club isn’t some all-righteous entity that never gets anything wrong (see: Adrian Silva, our current finances, etc.), just because the club haven’t decided to sack him yet doesn’t mean us lower welks who are unimpressed are wrong and that we should all shut up and be glad he’s here.