Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Whats your reasoning for wanting him to stay? Just out of curiosity. 

Because the trigger will be pulled as required by the KP, just as they did with Ranieri. I do actually think he is about done, but the p*sing and moaning on here is intolerable at times, but I can usually ignore it. Also, when he goes, it should be clean (he has earnt that) and not with a burning pitchfork up his arse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Or they want to see if he’ll jump being shoved to save some dough? 

The club isn’t some all-righteous entity that never gets anything wrong (see: Adrian Silva, our current finances, etc.), just because the club haven’t decided to sack him yet doesn’t mean us lower welks who are unimpressed are wrong and that we should all shut up and be glad he’s here. 

Absolutely, I have never disputed that, but flying a banner to vent is a bit far in my mind. lol

(Suspect @YearOfTheFox was joshing, but wasn’t sure…)

We have far fewer facts are (likely) poorer business men/women, and are far more emotional, so surely it makes sense to trust KP as the default?

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As frustrating as it is,  TV pays the bills these days in this whoring protectionist business model. :(

And who pays the TV ? We do, at least in part

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Based on this forum or elsewhere? If they have somehow canvases the whole fan base then I apologise

On this forum, if you can show me poll somewhere else that counters in then fair enough, but i'm not sure there is so that's all we can work on, either way you're calling it a minority ignoring the poll on here and having no other evidence to go off - surely a poll on here serves more purpose than nothing?

76% is a large majority no matter where its canvassed.

This forum isn't North Korea, people are welcome to vote 'in' if they wanted, they havn't.

In fairness, The Fosse Way did a poll Tuesday last week - 50% said they have some confidence he might come good, 24% said they had confidence in him, 26% said no confidence, the jury's out, this poll would be interesting the see this week as I think yesterday turned a fair few (Even on here), I would imagine this poll would reflect around 24% confidence, 30% he might come good, 46% no confidence - whilst I appreciate The Fosse Way don't really want to be doing polls every week, it'd be interesting if they could run it again, the tide has most definitely turned.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough. 

Any ideas who that could be? 

We've got Glover coming in so changes have been made in the recruitment area.

I'm not accepting this season is going to be poor yet, tbh. I strongly believe we'll be top 10 at the minimum, probably battling for 7th. 

What do I see? A manager that's been very successful in his time here and faced a lot of adversity in the last 18 months but still done pretty well considering, and a good squad that seem to respect him, too. We know what these players are capable of under him and I don't think that we're that far off of having things sorted, but we need to play a back 4 in the next game, get a pacey right-winger in before the window closes and Barnes back fit. 

Well I hope you are right. Yes he has been successful in the past, but as I have asked in the past, how much credit does that buy you ? In my view Rodgers has used all of his up, if you feel differently, fine :)

13 minutes ago, itude said:

Well if we are talking about  not answering questions, hows about you answering mine first them, it was before yours and you have not answered it have you ? Here it is again for you

My question to them is how much more evidence do you need before you accept that just like Claudio, Rodgers has had his time, and it is time for him to go ?

Rodgers is certainly good enough to hit the brief of the club, if your thinking some knight will come in and drive us to top 4 then your on a hiding to nothing.

I’d wager there isn’t a manager out there that can take this squad and it’s limited resource and achieve top 4 possibly even 5th anytime soon, I”m only leaving 6th open because Man U are currently a shambles.

That’s not to say we won’t try but our current limit is (6)7 -10 with a crack at the cups, those top 6 are spending 3 or 4 of our transfer windows in 1 summer, it’s the same reason why you will never see Haas, Williams or Alfa standing on the podium.

There’s an emotional hatred for Rodgers now and that’s on those of you that feel this to manage, Yes I certainly get frustrated with a few decisions but I don’t pay much attention to any managers post match debrief win lose or draw because I don’t really care how they package it up.

I’ve watched it and make my own view, them taking no credit if we win or taking sole blame for a loss isn’t going to change my evening, it’s all media blurb, I just enjoy the day out with my lad regardless.

Some of you need that for some reason, some of you need to blame, some of you will blame Rodgers for Ward dropping the ball for the 3rd and why, because he picked him! it’s laughable.

Players make mistakes it’s generally how goals are conceded otherwise most games will finish 0:0 

People will now be going nuts because Forest are above us after 2 games, why?because they might getting a bit of ribbing in the morning, jeezus 😒 just take it. 

• Like 3

Guest itude
3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, true, but mainly Asia, but still good point *

*  Not stupid 3pm kickoffs though!!

Well its time for Chelsea v Spurs, may as well see if Tuchel really needs Wesley eh ?

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

On this forum, if you can show me poll somewhere else that counters in then fair enough, but i'm not sure there is so that's all we can work on.

76% is a large majority no matter where its canvassed.

This forum isn't North Korea, people are welcome to vote 'in' if they wanted, they havn't.

In fairness, The Fosse Way did a poll Tuesday last week - 50% said they have some confidence he might come good, 24% said they had confidence in him, 26% said no confidence, the jury's out, this poll would be interesting the see this week as I think yesterday turned a fair few (Even on here), I would imagine this poll would reflect around 24% confidence, 30% he might come good, 46% no confidence - whilst I appreciate The Fosse Way don't really want to be doing polls every week, it'd be interesting if they could run it again, the tide has most definitely turned.

I get it’s a polarising topic, and no I cannot show any polled evidence either way. I fully expect him gone by next season as I suspect his usual 3 year stint  will have expired and a pay off will be agreed.

Guest itude
9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Actually, go for it. The rest of the world's reaction might show yourself and a few others that the criticism is getting OTT. 

By all means, he's not perfect, but I can't actually see a genuine reason to sack him. It isn't really that bad, is it?

I think you need to add up all the factors in this to get a realistic picture, that would include tactics, results transfers and so on. Do you see all of those on an upward trend, or a downwards one ?

1 minute ago, itude said:

I think you need to add up all the factors in this to get a realistic picture, that would include tactics, results transfers and so on. Do you see all of those on an upward trend, or a downwards one ?

BR is not responsible for the transfers and the fact the club won’t sanction any transfers. 

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Rodgers is certainly good enough to hit the brief of the club, if your thinking some knight will come in and drive us to top 4 then your on a hiding to nothing.

I’d wager there isn’t a manager out there that can take this squad and it’s limited resource and achieve top 4 possibly even 5th anytime soon, I”m only leaving 6th open because Man U are currently a shambles.

That’s not to say we won’t try but our current limit is (6)7 -10 with a crack at the cups, those top 6 are spending 3 or 4 of our transfer windows in 1 summer, it’s the same reason why you will never see Haas, Williams or Alfa standing on the podium.

There’s an emotional hatred for Rodgers now and that’s on those of you that feel this to manage, Yes I certainly get frustrated with a few decisions but I don’t pay much attention to any managers post match debrief win lose or draw because I don’t really care how they package it up.

I’ve watched it and make my own view, them taking no credit if we win or taking sole blame for a loss isn’t going to change my evening, it’s all media blurb, I just enjoy the day out with my lad regardless.

Some of you need that for some reason, some of you need to blame, some of you will blame Rodgers for Ward dropping the ball for the 3rd and why, because he picked him! it’s laughable.

Players make mistakes it’s generally how goals are conceded otherwise most games will finish 0:0 

People will now be going nuts because Forest are above us after 2 games, why?because they might getting a bit of ribbing in the morning, jeezus 😒 just take it. 

I am not imagining any white knights at all, did I suggest so ? Stability and a reversal of the downward trend will do nicely ...for now.

You are insulting many on here by suggesting this is an "emotional " thing, do you have an emotiononomometer or something ? please stop being so insulting. It is based on results, and not just those in actual matches. It is also based on a number of factors such as naive tactics. poor transfer choices, trying to get players to play his way ,and not to their strengths and so on, and on.

You are ignoring the reality of the whole of this thing ,and trying it seems to paint those of us who want him gone as "going nuts"

Sorry ,but if you really think all is well, it is you who needs a look in the mirror. Denying reality is not good for anyone, including this club

Guest itude
8 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

BR is not responsible for the transfers and the fact the club won’t sanction any transfers. 

You may be missing the point, after the last transfer farce, do you think they trust him to oversee any more then ?

He is not responsible for Bertrand and Vestergaard ?? who is then ..Boris Johnson..may as well have been then ?

Edited by itude

7 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Rodgers spoke of a rebuild but the people at the top won't sanction it surely that's a bit worrying. Do these people even communicate with each other because if not then we all need to worry.

Guest itude

I think it's a bit early in the season to say. Overall, it's a downwards one from the 5th place finishes and the FA Cup win - but wasn't that always going to be inevitable? We weren't going to suddenly become a club that challenge for top 4 every year. We simply just don't have the resources to do it. The trend has kind of plateaued now into us being a side that sit in that 7th-10th bracket. I just don't see anything that warrants him being sacked. I also don't see sacking him as a resolution to our problems - it could even create more. 

Have you got anyone in mind that you'd like to replace him with? 

Yes, but that is for another forum, we don't want to be distracted from Brendon and hos past successes..do we :)

Guest itude
4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No offence but you can't accuse someone of "denying reality" for being realistic. 

That is rather dependent on ones view of "reality" is it not ?

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, nettle said:

Rodgers spoke of a rebuild but the people at the top won't sanction it surely that's a bit worrying. Do these people even communicate with each other because if not then we all need to worry.

Yes ,sounds like a bit of a Mexican standoff maybe ?

I just don’t get this guy sometimes. You can’t beat another Premier League side when you play uncomfortable tactics. Every other team has a bread and butter formation so the players know exactly where to be and where their teammates are.

I know we don’t have our ideal XI without Barnes but Rodgers has to stop with this tactical flexibility nonsense. He’s had the same side for over a year now, our guys should know *in their sleep* where to be and where their teammates are, yet here they are guessing again. 

• Like 2

Guest itude

Sorry, I don't understand this response in the context of my post?

I am  not going to go into who I feel would be a good replacement for him here. That would distract from the main topic..Rodgers.

Again, I  reiterate, the argument "who would replace him ?" is not a great argument for keeping him. or anyone else.

Edited by itude

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What's yours then? Because we are quite literally in that bracket of 7th-10th in almost every barometer, which is the point that you're arguing isn't reality. 

It is based on a number of factors, the financial situation, the desire of some players to leave, the naive and unhelpful tactics, the awful recent transfers, the inability of Rodgers to admit his mistakes and change, his need to blame everyone else, and so on ,and on, and on.

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I just don’t get this guy sometimes. You can’t beat another Premier League side when you play uncomfortable tactics. Every other team has a bread and butter formation so the players know exactly where to be and where their teammates are.

I know we don’t have our ideal XI without Barnes but Rodgers has to stop with this tactical flexibility nonsense. He’s had the same side for over a year now, our guys should know *in their sleep* where to be and where their teammates are, yet here they are guessing again. 

Yeah, you know who has had long enough to sort this out, clearly he cannot !

14 minutes ago, itude said:

I am not imagining any white knights at all, did I suggest so ? Stability and a reversal of the downward trend will do nicely ...for now.

You are insulting many on here by suggesting this is an "emotional " thing, do you have an emotiononomometer or something ? please stop being so insulting. It is based on results, and not just those in actual matches. It is also based on a number of factors such as naive tactics. poor transfer choices, trying to get players to play his way ,and not to their strengths and so on, and on.

You are ignoring the reality of the whole of this thing ,and trying it seems to paint those of us who want him gone as "going nuts"

Sorry ,but if you really think all is well, it is you who needs a look in the mirror. Denying reality is not good for anyone, including this club

I apologise if I hurt your feelings but when people write they hate Rodgers then it’s emotional I don’t need a special tool to read that, only an understanding of English.

You say a factor is based on the reality of results, but the reality is our results got better as we ended last season, in fact the reality is only Man C, Liverpool, Spurs and Brighton bettered our final 6 results and if there was an additional 3 games that trend would probably seen us 5th.

The reality is our form improved once we got everyone fit, we are now already 2 starters down, hindered by wages and unable to recruit and have 3 star players heads possibly in the clouds, this all needs to settle then we can be judged.