Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Numerous players have described positive relationships with Rodgers. What makes you think that he's lost them?

Which players would that be...recently..then ?

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wouldn't say any of that seems obvious at all (it's a lot of inferring rather than facts or from people's mouths, such as players in interviews saying how much they respect him etc.), or that I'm losing it whatsoever. I'm pretty relaxed about it all and confident that we'll have a decent season under Rodgers. 

Wow. Good for you. 

Let me know when the penny drops yeah?

• Like 1

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

The skill set of Castagne, JJ, Wes, Cags, KDH and Ndidi should be strong enough.  To my mind the issue is more from an organisation and motivational perspective (Rodgers).

I wouldn’t want Dyche as manager but I think someone like that would transform our defending in open play and set pieces.

I think Rodgers is at the end of his cycle with these players. His coaching isn’t having the influence it once did. 

I must start a new thread " What is everyones problem with Sean Dyche" but not here :)

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because the trigger will be pulled as required by the KP, just as they did with Ranieri. I do actually think he is about done, but the p*sing and moaning on here is intolerable at times, but I can usually ignore it. Also, when he goes, it should be clean (he has earnt that) and not with a burning pitchfork up his arse.

You seem to be expending alot of time into the discussion for the side opposite what you say you believe though. It's much easier to just not read it all. 

Guest itude
4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Google is your friend.

Doesn't have to be my friend, you said it, so it has to be yours.

7 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

If we don’t beat Southampton it’s going to be toxic. But we need to send a message to top.

if we beat Southampton it changes nothing.

UFS- how about a tifo of David Brent with words get out of our club?? Will also make it clear to the media what the fans think of him!

top: cut loose the "blameless" clown

Guest itude
9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Mate you actually are losing it. Rodgers clearly sidelines and marginalises players for little reason - it appears. He persists with players out of form and motivation. He clearly stopped Kasper getting the conservative appearances record for no good reason. He throws the players under the bus whenever he needs to protect his own ego. I could go on, but I think it is relatively clear he has few supporters left inside the club. Time will tell of course. Let’s hope you’re right eh, inspite of what seems obvious. 

One can hope yes. Despite as you say, what seems obvious.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You seem to be expending alot of time into the discussion for the side opposite what you say you believe though. It's much easier to just not read it all. 

My line has always been the same though, we trust in KP, any theorising is little more than idle musing, usually with nought but personal preference (it’s a forum so expected) but it does pass the time when it’s too bloody hot to get into the garden. :D

The “Thou doth protest too much” line feels a little hollow compared to the loud volume of those wishing him gone, no?

side note, Tottenham looking a bit Spursy, good too see.

Guest itude
3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

My line has always been the same though, we trust in KP, any theorising is little more than idle musing, usually with nought but personal preference (it’s a forum so expected) but it does pass the time when it’s too bloody hot to get into the garden. :D

The “Thou doth protest too much” line feels a little hollow compared to the loud volume of those wishing him gone, no?

Buy an insurance policy from him would you :)

Yes, may as well get my moneys worth from Sky, as I said we do pay for that lot, lets see how much Tuchel needs fofana after this, so far maybe not too much ?! See you all later peeps

Edited by itude

1 minute ago, itude said:

Buy an insurance policy from him would you :)

Yes, may as well get my moneys worth from Sky, as I said we do pay for that lot, lets see how much Tuchel needs fofana after this, so far maybe not too much ?! See you all later peeps

Tbh I wouldn’t buy a second of time from him, but that does not matter either.  :thumbup:

Guest itude
3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I do think it's quite telling though when pretty much everyone outside of a section of Leicester fans think it would be ridiculous to sack him....

Yes, I hear Donald Trump wants us to keep him

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I do think it's quite telling though when pretty much everyone outside of a section of Leicester fans think it would be ridiculous to sack him....

I mean, that crowd don't watch us regularly though do they? People who at most could name maybe 5 of our starting 11 aren't exactly a fantastic barometer

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It's far too hot. I'm hoping that's something to come out of klopps mouth after palace get a result. 

Spurs not being as good as people think is as certain as death and taxes lol

• Haha 1

Maybe it’s time for someone new and maybe he knows it to but doesn’t want to leave on his own accord.  Some one new coming in doesn’t mean we will all of a sudden be great again. Vardy is getting on youri wants out kasper gone and little Wes could be gone as well. Could be a boring mid table season this year with the hope that next season we can start fresh maybe manager wise and squad wise. 

27 minutes ago, itude said:

I just said "we are on a downward trend" did I not ? That is not simply referring to results

Well you had mentioned results but pick up on another couple of the trends, our best players have and always will ‘want-out’ at some point, this is not exclusive to a Rodgers era.
If our best players came out and slated Rodgers and the whole set up for a reason to leave I would be worried but the reality is we are a stepping stone for the gifted players as they make their way up, the Board have tried to address this with the appointment of a well respected coach and built a state of the art training facility with plan to address the stadium and surrounding area, these sounds to me as an upward trend.

For me also any non footballing operational downward trend is again not on Rodgers, if money is not available then it can’t be pinned on him he does not manage the margins.

Its been a tough few years with their business being hit hard, we have had some success and success is generally rewarded as a way to keep players this comes in the way of contracts again he don’t sign the cheques.

FFP is a massive restrictor I believe a poster commented earlier on having to release up to 6 to 8 players to fall within margins that includes the big names and also means we couldn’t replace but I don’t actually know what the figures are for FFP all I know is Rodgers didn’t set it and it’s set to keep the status quo of the rich n famous.

Listen I agree the man is not infallible but the system is against our club and clubs like us more so now then any other era it is just getting harder for David to slay the Dragon.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite simple because if Top doesn't enable us to bring players in then we'll continue to regress. Whether BR deserves it or not then becomes whether he should be manager or not, if he should be in the eyes of Top and the board then back him. Move players on, lower our demands and recruit better.

Why should we automatically regress without new players??

I listen to the manager, who week in week out, tells me that we have a young and inexperienced squad. He’s also one of the few elite manager / coaches that can improve young inexperienced players.

So, as long as we keep these players we improve??

Or have I misunderstood Brendan all along?? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is partly to blame for this mess but the reason we now cannot get players in is because our policy of paying hideously big wages to almost all of our 1st team squad has left us snookered after this FFP rule change by UEFA. That's on Rudkin and the club, nothing to do with Rodgers whatsoever. 

How Jon Rudkin thought it par for the course to pay Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard nearly £80k a week is frightening. They backed the manager idly and I'm not having it that they are all innocent in this because if we don't demand they are held to account we won't get out of this mess. They have to learn from their mistakes too and quickly.

So some of it is Brendan’s fault, and the rest of it is the board backing Brendan’s decisions.

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 1