Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Looking at this post it seems it will be hard to have a constructive debate with you, calling it deranged fantasy, but I will give it a shot.

When he first joined his first 12 months or so including the season he joined halfway through, I was one of his biggest fans, I loved him, so certainly from my point of view there was no ridiculous agenda from the start.

However no manager gets a get out of jail for life from me, even if they were to win 20 trophies, if they start under performing, then I will start criticising.

When I watch games and look at our manager, I dont just look at results, I look at the way we lose games, the way we win games, I look at momentum, whether the team is improving or if they on decline.  I look at if the manager is playing favourites, I look at a lot of things.

Call it deranged fantasy if you want, but what I am seeing is Rodgers a supposed elite manager on elite wages, frequently been snookered by opposing managers during games, I see him holding our players back with the keep ball, I see him changing our pressing, shape, and taking of our best players when we winning games changing them to draws or defeats, I see him not taking responsibility for his mistakes.  I dont see this just once or twice a season, I see this now almost every game.  Its at the point its a habit not a odd bad performance.  The stats have also been posted proving we on a downward spiral over the longer term. 

I have also been lenient in this post ignoring the injury record and bad signings.

An excellent way to put it. Very similar to my own thoughts, and as you describe, a considered viewpoint after a considerable period of time. I do wish those who wish him to stay would stop trying to insist this is because of two games, and one factor, it really is not.

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Looking at this post it seems it will be hard to have a constructive debate with you, calling it deranged fantasy, but I will give it a shot.

When he first joined his first 12 months or so including the season he joined halfway through, I was one of his biggest fans, I loved him, so certainly from my point of view there was no ridiculous agenda from the start.

However no manager gets a get out of jail for life from me, even if they were to win 20 trophies, if they start under performing, then I will start criticising.

When I watch games and look at our manager, I dont just look at results, I look at the way we lose games, the way we win games, I look at momentum, whether the team is improving or if they on decline.  I look at if the manager is playing favourites, I look at a lot of things.

Call it deranged fantasy if you want, but what I am seeing is Rodgers a supposed elite manager on elite wages, frequently been snookered by opposing managers during games, I see him holding our players back with the keep ball, I see him changing our pressing, shape, and taking of our best players when we winning games changing them to draws or defeats, I see him not taking responsibility for his mistakes.  I dont see this just once or twice a season, I see this now almost every game.  Its at the point its a habit not a odd bad performance.  The stats have also been posted proving we on a downward spiral over the longer term. 

I have also been lenient in this post ignoring the injury record and bad signings.

So where do you expect us to finish this year regardless of who the manager is? 

Guest itude
1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I knew you got your facts from somewhere suspicious. lol

Yes, they were all in that safe the FBI cracked in his house :)

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

For me, we'd need to be in a relegation battle that we don't look like getting out of - basically the position Ranieri had us in. 

Again, what would the strategy be if he was sacked now? 

What's the strategy now? 

God knows what’s going on behind the scenes why did he only play the 1 sub when we had five first game of the season in blistering heat, the squad flagging looking absolutely Knackered yet Brendan wouldn’t  make any other changes causing us to lose points! 

Are the rumours to be believed that Brendan has fallen out with Rudkin or the other way round which is at breaking point is that one of the reasons we aren’t bringing in new players god only knows is this footballing mishaps he’s making a statement of he’s the boss he does what he wants is he on borrowed time who knows ?

• Like 1

Guest itude
27 minutes ago, Vazman said:

What's the strategy now? 

Yeah, a better response to that question than mine for sure !

But will anyone actually answer you ?

I look forward to knowing what it is,because I have no idea any longer

Edited by itude

Guest itude
1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What a well put post. I also can’t understand how someone who watches us weekly be unable to defend a corner or just defend generally, can actually allude to there being some sort of vendetta against Brendan Rodgers. It just seems like a bit of desperation. 

Well, even if there is a vendetta, it is not without reasons, lots of them in fact. Some seem to be happy to tolerate his flaws forever, that I cannot fathom

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What a well put post. I also can’t understand how someone who watches us weekly be unable to defend a corner or just defend generally, can actually allude to there being some sort of vendetta against Brendan Rodgers. It just seems like a bit of desperation. 

Because he is lambasted without any acknowledgement of context, or at best, stated he is also too blame for any contributing factors so that too is his fault, and it has always been thus. He is far from perfect, I hardly think we need to lump famine, pestilence and plague on him too.

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Absolutely correct. A polite and well written way of saying he’s absolutely lost the plot and needs to pish off.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because he is lambasted without any acknowledgement of context, or at best, stated he is also too blame for any contributing factors so that too is his fault, and it has always been thus. He is far from perfect, I hardly think we need to lump famine, pestilence and plague on him too.

Absolutely not. However, I’m ok to call him out on us not being able to defend a lead or defend a corner. We should have a lottery on who we will have our standard collapses against this year. It’s a given every year. 

There are genuine reasons

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Thanks for mentioning the corners, cant believe I forgot that.  The list just gets bigger.

I think Europe for a club like us is as much of a curse as a gift.

Looking at West Ham form in the last 29 P 29 W 9 D 6 L 14 F 37 A 41 Pts 33 (equivalent of a 43 point season).

Wins: Watford (2), Norwich (2) Everton (1) Villa (1) Palace (1) Wolves (1) Chelsea (1)

Seem to be have the same impact on the, Moyes is under pressure like Rodgers on their forum 

Seem like a very similar story. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

If we don’t beat Southampton on Saturday, I’m going to be genuinely intrigued as to what the excuse will be.

We’ve had 2 pretty pathetic attempts from BR this far as way of an explanation why results weren’t better. Waiting for the groundsman to get it next week if we don’t see off a poor Southampton team!

30 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

If we don’t beat Southampton on Saturday, I’m going to be genuinely intrigued as to what the excuse will be.

We’ve had 2 pretty pathetic attempts from BR this far as way of an explanation why results weren’t better. Waiting for the groundsman to get it next week if we don’t see off a poor Southampton team!

“Southampton are a very experienced side with many qualities, our inexperienced boys put in a credible display against a much bigger club, we regroup and go again”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had five live on all day doing house projects. They had the new Kammy podcast on and the episode they played so happened to be the one with Rodgers. I begrudgingly listened to it and laughed out loud at the arrogance.

”What would you have done differently in the league loss of Chelsea?”

”Nothing”

• Haha 1

Guest itude
1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Well someone will get the blame, but not him obviously. Do we have any loo cleaners he can go with this time ?