Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

None of that is a jibe at our owner that you described, though. 

We're also not "going", we're just not a top 6 side. 

Ok

And aw for your second comment we’re on the slide very rapidly what with contracts, contract expiries. You can keep bury Bf your head in the sand, but don’t wonder why we’ve suddenly become a relegation candidate side within the next 3 or 4 years.

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Do you remember Watford home and away last season? For Maddison's goal in the home game their defender literally ducked the header allowing for Maddison to slot it in. I'd never seen anything like it at this level before. That's just one example. There are plenty of others. 

Yes I remember - and without Maddison’s attacking run he wouldn’t have been in a position to score.

I just don’t think you can put goals scored down to purely defensive errors.

By that argument, you could say a lot of Vardy’s goals in his career have been down to defensive errors. But the reality is his aggressive, pressing play is what leads to them.

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The old classic score/win it’s the players concede/lose its Rodgers(manager)

I've been nothing but supportive of Rodgers in the main so that's not true. 

But so far this season we have blown a 2 goal lead with him saying we looked tired whilst making 1 sub.  Both goals scored were individual bits of quality. 

Then we have lost convincingly 4-2. All whilst playing a back 5 and never really looking neither good enough in attack or solid in defence.  

Its extremely difficult to find things to say positive about him or the team at the minute. The way the board and Rodgers himself have handled our situation has been poor. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

So where is the jibes at the owner? I'm curious now haha. 

I trust King Power and our board to get this transition period right - they do most of the time. I very highly doubt we'll be anywhere near relegation in the next 3-4 years with their guidance. 

If you can’t see them for what they are then you never shall no matter how much I explain. 

I hope you’re right but I’m fearing the worst.

26 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You're right you don't. But it's hard to see tactical masterclass in the goals from the weekend. There's plenty of times we have been great under Rodgers but at the moment the quality of the players is finding the goals for us rather than anything Rodgers is doing. 

You can’t criticise him for the defensive errors but not give him credit for the goals scored - regardless of how they are scored.

We’ve never really had a dry spell in front of goal under Rodgers so you can’t criticise that aspect of our game IMO. Stats are there to back that up.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

These things don't just apply to us. Every team has their share of good and bad luck. 

People are deliberately missing the point.

I'm not saying that no other team benefits from individual errors. I'm suggesting that not many of our goals come as a result of good team play. Take yourself back to the first-half of the 19/20 and remember the football that we were playing and compare it now. Obviously we were not going to maintain those levels forever but it really is chalk and cheese. 

• Like 2

We’re long past the period where the team takes on the identify of its manager. We have a squad that excels when the going is good. Put us under pressure and the glaring lack of character, individually and collectively is obvious. That stems from Rodgers and his pass the buck mentality.

I particularly worry now that with the likes of Schmeichel going we’re now relying on the likes of Jonny Evans (Barcelona/taxi) and the darts/pubs clique of Maddison, Barnes et al that the right sort of ethos isn’t exactly running through the squad as it should be. 

Hope I’m wrong but there’s a few worrying signs about.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

People are deliberately missing the point.

I'm not saying that no other team benefits from individual errors. I'm suggesting that not many of our goals come as a result of good team play. Take yourself back to the first-half of the 19/20 and remember the football that we were playing and compare it now. Obviously we were not going to maintain those levels forever but it really is chalk and cheese. 

The irony of your post is we only scored 5 less goals than 2019/20 last season. I know what you are trying to say but I’ve never seen our attacking play as an issue because frankly we still score goals.

The issue is the defence - which I don’t disagree that the manager has to take some flack for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry, see them for what? You haven't shown any quotes that are jibes at the owners. 

Or do you mean see King Power for what they are? 

“I obviously want the club to be up there fighting and challenging for European football, top where we’ve been for a few years, but that’s going to take investment, and if we can’t do that than I also have to be realistic as well.”

I would say this is a jibe wouldn’t you?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dames said:

Maybe but the payoff is an eye watering sum and it has to get to a point where Rodgers would desperately want to leave to negotiate a lower settlement. At that point it may be too late.

I get the feeling they've wanted rid for the best part of this year but aren't willing to risk the 30m payout. 

The easy option is to put him on gardening leave, it's pretty common.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

“I obviously want the club to be up there fighting and challenging for European football, top where we’ve been for a few years, but that’s going to take investment, and if we can’t do that than I also have to be realistic as well.”

Yes, but it is also the truth. 

If you want to be top 6 you have to keep matching other teams' spend.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I wouldn't say that's a jibe, more an analysis. It's the truth of where we're at. We've been told loads of times that there is money to spend but we simply can't have 30+ senior players on the books - it's simply bad business. 

Of course we need investment to challenge the top 6, is that not true? 

It is kinda of a jibe Rodgers has been heavily backed and the majority of his signings have been below par I would say. The owners have obviously reigned in and not given any money for signings and quite rightly so. Rodgers is obviously not on the same page. But truth be told he’s need to shut up and actually get some results imo!

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Are you just going to ignore what he says after?

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Haven’t they just invested in a state of the art training facility? Seriously, after a pandemic where do people (and Rodgers) think all the money is going to come from?! And cheek of it from him, when he’s being paid a tonne for doing an average job last 12 months. 
If his team hadn’t kept blowing up we might have had champions league income ..

Edited by TMELcfc

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

This talking in Football terms,I can go along with...and I do agree with you...

Myself & many others have mentioned, we need to harden-up, and fk a RW,I want an hard bastard or two....Not just doing the hard round themselves but telling their teammates not to slacken....Maddison has the bite,But too lightweight, KDH can put it around,but we cant Force it as a team.Evans again too moderate..

Gibson,needed his Bobby Roberts, but there were at least 6 other players,biting  & grinding their teeth...I

Its whats Tielemans needs a Body guard, I wonder if Praet could Take on that Mantel....

Hamza perfect for that role ... oh

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, shiv said:

You can’t criticise him for the defensive errors but not give him credit for the goals scored - regardless of how they are scored.

We’ve never really had a dry spell in front of goal under Rodgers so you can’t criticise that aspect of our game IMO. Stats are there to back that up.

Where did I blame him for defensive errors? I said we dont look any more solid for playing an extra centre back. I'm not saying every goal was down to the tactics but they easily should have had a couple more goals. We look all over the place 

Edited by Gamble92

19 minutes ago, shiv said:

The irony of your post is we only scored 5 less goals than 2019/20 last season. I know what you are trying to say but I’ve never seen our attacking play as an issue because frankly we still score goals.

The issue is the defence - which I don’t disagree that the manager has to take some flack for.

I don't see the attacking play as our biggest issue by any means, the fact that Wolves finished only two places below us last season despite scoring only 38 goals tells you where our main issue is. Ironically our away game against Wolves last season was one of only two games where I felt like we didn't get the result which our performance deserved. My general point is that when you watch us, we don't look like a side that score over 60 goals in a season and that's why I am concerned that it will dry-up a some stage. 

Edited by BenTheFox

8 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Haven’t they just invested in a state of the art training facility? Seriously, after a pandemic where do people (and Rodgers) think all the money is going to come from?! And cheek of it from him, when he’s being paid a tonne for doing an average job last 12 months. 
If his team hadn’t kept blowing up we might have had champions league income ..

What would you have preferred he had said?  This is mind numbing. He hasn't criticised anyone. Merely stated a fact. 

Quote BigMicky

It's the fact that he has been saying it (or something similar along the lines of not being backed) all through pre-season, in his post match interviews, press conferences etc, and its tiresome.. Ok we get it mate,  you've bleeted on about it enough, and you have sowed the seed and its growing nicely for your excuse to keep your ego and reputation when you are (hopefully) sacked well and truly intact. 

Edited by Guppys Love Child

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't see the attacking play as our biggest issue by any means, the fact that Wolves finished only two places below us last season despite scoring only 38 goals tells you where our main issue is. Ironically our away game against Wolves last season was one of only two games where I felt like we didn't get the result which our performance deserved. My general point is that when you watch us, we don't look like a side that score over 60 goals in a season and that's why I am concerned that it will dry-up a some stage. 

Yet we have scored over 60 goals every season he has been here, how many other teams can say that over the last 3 seasons?

And so far this season we have 4 in 2, which although the sample size is very small is on corse to do that again.

40 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Firstly, for full context - do you have the whole quote?

Secondly, what has been said here that is not factually accurate?

If he’s so upset with not being backed, he’d walk. Problem for him is that the mega clubs he thinks he deserves are finding him out to be an arrogant, excuse making liar. Let’s face it, the reported buy out of his contract combined with the financial mess we are in means we’re stuck with this moron for the foreseeable. 

Edited by KFS

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I presume after last game? There’s people saying he was making digs at the owners but just watched a couple of the post match interviews and couldn’t see it?

Sounds about right for FT to be honest. 

A lot of what Rodgers says gets misconstrued to go against him... 

• Like 2

Guest itude
58 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

So where is the jibes at the owner? I'm curious now haha. 

I trust King Power and our board to get this transition period right - they do most of the time. I very highly doubt we'll be anywhere near relegation in the next 3-4 years with their guidance. 

A man of faith eh ?

Very admirable I am sure, I prefer to judge on actions, and so far there have not been many that suggest things are being sorted. Same old problems at the back as just one example.