Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

When I've asked this question 6 months ago, I've been crucified and have had to put up many unpleasant comments here.

But here we go and I'm doing it again 

The club, the owner and all of us need to decide who we are and what we need to achieve as an EPL club.

Are we the team for,

- Chasing the title and CL spot every season?

- Aiming EL?

- Middle tier team and happy to float between 7-12?

Let's solve our ID crisis and determine a target.

My lack of love and faith for the BR never been a secret and I back myself every single day for this.

I believe his average game management, his lack of self re-innovation/ re-invention won't get us any higher I'm afraid.

This is my opinion and this is a forum for the fans who cares and believing progress.

If you not agree with it, its absolutely fine but no need for rude or smartass comments please

....you would think chasing Champions League spots as a minimum....!!!

There is no point aiming lower, it will not get us anywhere. We are at present building the infrastructure of this club and to some extent the cost has impacted our ability to improve the team, but this is a short term thing, and in 5 years we will be a lot more competitive than we are now. Missing out on the top 4 twice has cost us money and the ability to bring in the quality we need in certain positions.

Staying in the PL is the be all and end all for the next 5 years in order to repay the loans for the  stadium expansion and buildings that will also come along with it. The managerial situation is a concern and Rodgers would have signed with us and be aware of what was happening down the line. He could become frustrated and leave and then we will have to replace him, with someone of the same ilk, but until then, aim for top 4 and see what that brings

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

It is frustrating, but we do have to accept we've had quite a run of defensive injuries to cope. When Justin and Fofana are back fit, maybe we'll revert to having a solid defence. It's worrying though that Evans may be on his last legs.

What is concerning is that we have so many players - KDH, Lookman, Dakar etc, who could come in and revitalise our side. Yet they rarely get a look in.

I mean this is the thing, football as whole seems to have an obsession with this ‘one size fits all’ philosophy of ‘how the game should be played’, it’s not a problem exclusive to us, generally barring one or two teams most teams insist on playing this turgid, negative crap.

But we have issues, so instead why not be the exception rather than the rule, how about find another way to play, how about getting these best out of what we have instead of persisting with something that quite clearly doesn’t work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

So you are saying that we should be grateful what we have done so far.

Not looking for more achievements or progression at all.

Last season was the golden opportunity since 2015 for us to breaking into top 4 due to dismal performances of so called big 6 and we couldn't capitalise on that.

Do not get me wrong. I'm super grateful that we won the FA cup at the hands super saves of Kasper and wonder shot by Youri but everybody who understands the game of football must admit that we were super lucky to win FA cup  and the Football Gods were on our side that day.

I'm was at least solid and  consistent about my thoughts/comments regarding to BR's coaching style.

I can't say the same things about some LCFC fans here. They were declared him a genius yesterday and calling him incompetent today.

Nonsense

• Like 1

with credit in the bank and the owners having continued to improve the squad and therefore competition for places should be high why is BR being so conservative... Last year's formula had its merits sure but lets be honest we looked mid-table quality for large parts so why isn't BR using this time to evolve the team. why is cags playing, why are maddison and perez playng...Ndidi is well off it too

its the best time to shake things up..we are missing a trick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m wondering if Rodgers is better when he has limited options. When we seem to have wholesale injury problems we seem to be more resolute (not so much adventurous) but still carry a threat…..

.....I pretty much feel that is the case, the only thing that allows him to deviate from his normal game is the lack of personnel he can choose from!!!

With all the quality available to him yesterday, he chose to play Soumare ahead of Tielemans!! You do sometimes wonder if he understands the strengths and limitations of the players at his disposal...once you saw Maddison was on the team sheet and his deployment of Soumare, you knew there was going to be an incoherent team performance.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You do sometimes wonder if he understands the strengths and limitations of the players at his disposal...

I don't. He sees them much more than any of us do and is in a much better position to evaluate. I think he sees the potential too, sees what players can do. I don't think we can necessarily blame him if the players don't produce that on the pitch. It must be difficult for him, in fairness, to get the balance right; he clearly recognises when a player is out of form but knowing how much time to give them to recover that form, and where to recover that form, that's a judgement call that impacts on player confidence etc.

We see him persisting with an out-of-form Madison, with a "useless" Perez, and wonder why. BR sees these players and knows what they can do, hopes they deliver on match day, and keeps faith in them. The question of how long one keeps faith is the difficult bit, and we'll all have opinions on that one.

• Like 2

Trouble is,  football fans are riddled with recency bias (like basking and wallowing in it) and that is something that football managers cannot afford to have. This is not excusing continued poor performances, but they have to be continued over more than a handful of games. Otherwise it is just change for changes sake.

• Like 1

There'd be less heat on him if he didn't pick continuous underperformers. This Maddison situation is actually painful to watch at this point. It's so obvious he needs dropping - Soyuncu is in a similar boat but we just simply don't have the options whilst with Maddison I could name 4 players easily who should play ahead of him. Perez has been a similar situation for large parts. To drop a player is not to write them off, but it can do the world of good for them in the longer run.

I was far less annoyed against Napoli. Errors were made but it was a generally more enjoyable game to watch (even though that result has dealt us quite a big blow going forward in Europe).

If yesterday doesn't force him into more of a shake up I have no idea what will. The refereeing was a disgrace to the sport but our own approach allowed the situation to manifest itself in the first place.

• Like 3

Analysing the games so far I am wondering if one of the reasons for the slow start is the fact we can now rotate, which means the squad is sometimes unsettled. The lack of pre season meant there was less time for the team to gel together, we could have probably have done with playing a few more games, even if it was with half the squad, the behind the closed doors games against none league and league 1,2 oppositions. 

Before we had a set team with one or two options of the bench. Now you could argue apart from ‘wingers’ we’ve got a quality player to cover every area of the pitch, having operated with a relatively small squad since his arrival Brendans options have been pretty straight forward, meaning he has had a set system to work with and therefore that’s all he could really do, now we can change formations majorly with a couple of subs, or different players introduced into different fixtures…. The OTT reactions suggesting we’re in for a dog fight are bit much, in that second half we tore Brighton a new arsehole, it was just all too little too late.

Im supremely confident that we will be fine and still make the top 6, the team probably just needs to click, and when that happens we will be decent. Big opportunity with Millwall midweek to gain some much needed confidence. 

Keep the faith people.  

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

We see him persisting with an out-of-form Madison, with a "useless" Perez, and wonder why. BR sees these players and knows what they can do, hopes they deliver on match day, and keeps faith in them. The question of how long one keeps faith is the difficult bit, and we'll all have opinions on that one.

....the thing is why should it be to the detriment of the other players, chomping at the bit to play!!!

We all called for more depth in the squad, and we spent money to resolve the problem but Rodgers chooses to ignore what appears to be best for the team and leaves better options on the bench.

Maddison, Kasper and Vardy may have been essential to get them onboard to buy into his philosophy but showing loyalty (in respect of Maddison) to this degree, surely undermines him in the players minds, who are having to take a back seat in this instance.

At this moment people are probably looking at Soumare and thinking why did we bring him in, but if you are going to be played way out of your remit you will get performances like this.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the thing is why should it be to the detriment of the other players, chomping at the bit to play!!!

We all called for more depth in the squad, and we spent money to resolve the problem but Rodgers chooses to ignore what appears to be best for the team and leaves better options on the bench.

Maddison, Kasper and Vardy may have been essential to get them onboard to buy into his philosophy but showing loyalty (in respect of Maddison) to this degree, surely undermines him in the players minds, who are having to take a back seat in this instance.

At this moment people are probably looking at Soumare and thinking why did we bring him in, but if you are going to be played way out of your remit you will get performances like this.

You seem to suggest Daka, Soumare were brought in to be regular starters in the first 10 games, this was never going to happen I would have thought  :dunno:

Yes, Maddison is so far out of form its not even funny, but moving him out within 5 games is an undoubted slight (Deserved probably) but managers cannot afford to be so outraged and reactive as we fans are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Last season we started with a record of won 3 and lost 2 in the first 5 games. 

This season we have lost 3 and won 2. 

Rodgers has never lost 3 league games on the spin at LCFC.

I don't get the panic.

I don't think anyone seriously believes we are going to get into trouble. We have just spent 55 million on  players , we have 6 new players in the squad . The fear is slipping into mediocrity , becoming another Everton. A while ago we would have been delighted to be a consistent top ten team but now we expect better. I think we may have an ordinary first half to the season but if we can finish strongly , for once, we can be top 6 again.

We need 11 players in form, with us we 2 to 3 just on the pitch and not putting enough elbow grease. This results in other players having to do more or not getting the service which inturn effects their performances aswell. This has going on since last season and makes us ineffective when we play cos our linkage to our strikers isn't there. Brendan seems to make changes in the quarter of the game which results in the subs have to quickly get into the game.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't get the panic.

Don’t think anyone’s panicking as such but it’s the same frustrations that rear their heads again and again and again.

The same frustrations we (most) had under Puel, I’m not going to pretend it’s any different now.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I get the feeling a lot of modern day football fans love to ride the crest of the wave at the peaks but absolutely implode and act like spoiled teenagers at the troughs. There has been an unbroken upward curve season on season since Rodgers has been the manager and a trough will ultimately come.

19 minutes ago, Guest said:

It used to make me sort of proud that we looked like we might be an exception to this, that despite our success we might manage to stay a bit more level-headed. Now we've got people coming out with the kind of stuff I used to laugh at other fans for - "we need someone to take the shackles off", "he can't take us to the next level", "it's not the Leicester way". It is kind of sad. 

I go to lots of other clubs through work, usually clubs going through major on field issues, off field or both and when I tell them about the unhappiness in the fanbase (vocal minority of course) they think we've completely lost our marbles.

• Like 3

It's always different looking in from the outside. Even commentators, who you would have thought might know different, trot out the same tired statements about us. It's a perspective, and not one without some degree of truth, but fans see things from a different perspective - and, of course, have an entirely different set of desires for 'their' club.  Fans tend not to look at the bigger picture, so ingrained are we by the matchday perspective, that we feel the bumps and peaks more keenly. 

I was going to say like the 'Princess and the pea' but that would lead to the implication that there are some princesses in the fan base.... and I wouldn't want to suggest that now would I? ;) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

When I've asked this question 6 months ago, I've been crucified and have had to put up many unpleasant comments here.

But here we go and I'm doing it again 

The club, the owner and all of us need to decide who we are and what we need to achieve as an EPL club.

Are we the team for,

- Chasing the title and CL spot every season?

- Aiming EL?

- Middle tier team and happy to float between 7-12?

Let's solve our ID crisis and determine a target.

My lack of love and faith for the BR never been a secret and I flagellate myself every single day for this.

I believe his average game management, his lack of self re-innovation/ re-invention won't get us any higher I'm afraid.

This is my opinion and this is a forum for the fans who cares and believing progress.

If you not agree with it, its absolutely fine but no need for rude or smartass comments please

Sorry :ph34r:

On 19/09/2021 at 22:17, dooflip said:

Won’t be here much longer.

Awful start to the season. Didn’t even deserve the points we have.

Recruitment the worst in years and makes no sense - spending money on soumare to then loan out praet for nothing. Waste of money. Could have kept praet and saved a chunk. Bought the wrong striker. Still no right winger, which was the position we needed most.

Persisting with the stubborn short pass indirect pointless football. What’s the point in having quick forwards if you aren’t going to hit balls for them to run on to?

this season was the season we had to get top 4. Past two seasons have been a failure and we’ve thrown it away. Doing that again is unforgivable and will ultimately see us lose Youri and probably others.

Aw, c’mon !

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't get the panic.

I wouldn't call it panic, but rather disquiet.  We have the best squad we have ever had, an upgrade on last season, but the overall quality of play has been poor in our opening games.