Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Alas it seems to be trait of all managers when they are under pressure,  you have to go out in front of the media and explain the ifs, buts and why etc.  I think the problem is he seems to protects himself more than his players, some fans would be appreciate it if he took some of the blame and was a bit more humble, although he talks of humilty, he lacks it himself. 

Agree fully, he's a parody of himself. What message does "We went to a diamond because we have no wingers" send out to his own signing in Perez who he's decided to play on the wing his whole Leicester career, our title winning winger who also has plenty of experience the side is apparently lacking and for any prospect coming through the ranks, even more so now we can name 9 subs!  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I really am sick and tired of the drivel that comes out of his mouth after every game.

For the whole of last season he was harping on about not having much coaching time but on Saturday, I have absolutely no idea what the tactics were, what the game plan was or even what we would have been working on in training all week, everybody looked totally lost.

This crazy 5 at the back, diamond formation he seems to have created offers us absolutely nothing going forwards. Its asking way too much of our wing back’s to try and create / be an outlet going forward - without at least 2 upfront or an inverted winger to play off, their only pass is backwards!

He said our team lacks experience but apart from KDH, every single player on that pitch has represented their country or at the very least at under 21 level.

What I don’t understand is how we can play a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 all preseason with high inverted wing backs & a high press but then completely change our shape / strategy a week before the season starts.  – Castagne for Ricardo is a straight swap, Albrighton / Praet / Perez for Barnes whilst not ideal, would have done a job for a couple of weeks that allowed us to keep the same shape and continue with the identity and strategy we had been working on for the whole of preseason!

Watched Catch Me If You Can for the first time in my life last night. 

It struck me that Rodgers is that second mouse drowning in the cream where he panics and flails so much that he turns it into bitter and walks out. Not only that, he’s also a serial blagger 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

33 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I really am sick and tired of the drivel that comes out of his mouth after every game.

For the whole of last season he was harping on about not having much coaching time but on Saturday, I have absolutely no idea what the tactics were, what the game plan was or even what we would have been working on in training all week, everybody looked totally lost.

This crazy 5 at the back, diamond formation he seems to have created offers us absolutely nothing going forwards. Its asking way too much of our wing back’s to try and create / be an outlet going forward - without at least 2 upfront or an inverted winger to play off, their only pass is backwards!

He said our team lacks experience but apart from KDH, every single player on that pitch has represented their country or at the very least at under 21 level.

What I don’t understand is how we can play a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 all preseason with high inverted wing backs & a high press but then completely change our shape / strategy a week before the season starts.  – Castagne for Ricardo is a straight swap, Albrighton / Praet / Perez for Barnes whilst not ideal, would have done a job for a couple of weeks that allowed us to keep the same shape and continue with the identity and strategy we had been working on for the whole of preseason!

He also spent a lot of pre-season fielding a more standard 3-5-2, which - while I know it's unpopular on here - could easily have incorporated the personnel available too. In fact, that works more easily without Barnes available than it does with him. I suppose he can't have liked what he was seeing in some of the friendlies.

As regards the 'drivel', I think we have to be realistic that managers rarely give much away in their interviews. His repeated references to investment are often in response to the line of questioning from journalists.

However he seems clumsy in his excuse-making. The point about inexperience / youth which he keeps trotting out is worrying, both because it's nonsense, and because it suggests that he'd prefer to invest in established talent, which may be at odds with our recruitment model. It's not unthinkable that a gulf developed between what BR wanted from Congerton, and what the club wanted (pure speculation of course.)

The constant references to limited options are grating. He doesn't need to drive this point home any more. We have enough options not to be restricted to a 3-1-2-1-2-1 formation, or whatever you'd call it.

Most fans grasp the predicament easily enough. We compete by developing young talent and selling it on. 18 months ago BR spoke of his desire not to sell in 2021, which we didn't. The consequence of this, especially given the FFP rule changes and our soaring wage bill, was that we had to match/surpass our previous success. I refuse to believe that any semi-intelligent being could have failed to understand this fully at the time. He can't spend sixty million in a summer in a bid to 'go one better this time around' at a club like ours, and then act surprised when - having failed to 'go one better', or get the best out of the fruits of the aforementioned sixty million - you have to tighten purse strings. 

I'm desperate for Rodgers to turn things around, but he has to adopt a positive tone, get to grips with a financial reality that he (more than most) should be able to make sense of, and start taking responsibility. If he doesn't, it'll be sad to see a successful manager leaving under a cloud.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

He also spent a lot of pre-season fielding a more standard 3-5-2, which - while I know it's unpopular on here - could easily have incorporated the personnel available too. In fact, that works more easily without Barnes available than it does with him. I suppose he can't have liked what he was seeing in some of the friendlies.

As regards the 'drivel', I think we have to be realistic that managers rarely give much away in their interviews. His repeated references to investment are often in response to the line of questioning from journalists.

However he seems clumsy in his excuse-making. The point about inexperience / youth which he keeps trotting out is worrying, both because it's nonsense, and because it suggests that he'd prefer to invest in established talent, which may be at odds with our recruitment model. It's not unthinkable that a gulf developed between what BR wanted from Congerton, and what the club wanted (pure speculation of course.)

The constant references to limited options are grating. He doesn't need to drive this point home any more. We have enough options not to be restricted to a 3-1-2-1-2-1 formation, or whatever you'd call it.

Most fans grasp the predicament easily enough. We compete by developing young talent and selling it on. 18 months ago BR spoke of his desire not to sell in 2021, which we didn't. The consequence of this, especially given the FFP rule changes and our soaring wage bill, was that we had to match/surpass our previous success. I refuse to believe that any semi-intelligent being could have failed to understand this fully at the time. He can't spend sixty million in a summer in a bid to 'go one better this time around' at a club like ours, and then act surprised when - having failed to 'go one better', or get the best out of the fruits of the aforementioned sixty million - you have to tighten purse strings. So I have no issue with him responding to questions about investment, but he really shouldn't act as if it came as a surprise any more than he should imply that our squad is seriously defficient.

I'm desperate for Rodgers to turn things around, but he has to adopt a positive tone, get to grips with a financial reality that he (more than most) should be able to make sense of, and start taking responsibility. If he doesn't, it'll be sad to see a successful manager leaving under a cloud.

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

....I would think the actual personnel would be the reason why he did not seek to maintain the formation!!!

He would have gone over the shape with Ricardo and Barnes in their positions and would not have used anyone else in case there was a need to replace Ricardo or Barnes..

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, but it is also the truth. 

If you want to be top 6 you have to keep matching other teams' spend.

Possibly - but there are 14 other Premier managers who could say the same. If Manure dont watch it they could be out of the top 6 this season which could mean an opening for another club. It’s a complete red herring - we dont expect to beat the top six but there’s no point playing them if you give up before the kick off. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Yet we have scored over 60 goals every season he has been here, how many other teams can say that over the last 3 seasons?

And so far this season we have 4 in 2, which although the sample size is very small is on corse to do that again.

Yes but we have one point and have conceded 6

4 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Possibly - but there are 14 other Premier managers who could say the same. If Manure dont watch it they could be out of the top 6 this season which could mean an opening for another club. It’s a complete red herring - we dont expect to beat the top six but there’s no point playing them if you give up before the kick off. 

What's a red herring?

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

Yes he has, but he’s also said in another breath he won’t go to war with the club… yet it comes up at every opportunity after games… Do we really need Brendan to tell us we haven’t bought anyone?! We know!!! 

I'm guessing it could be based on the question(s) he is asked as opposed to him just going on some grand monologue...

At some point the penny will drop with him that we aren’t making any signings or we will actually make a couple (if we get a couple out)

then he can start managing the side rather than making cheap points to the board …. 

He cannot possibly be as poor a coach as to have made the decisions in game last Sunday that he did without having some ulterior motive (and it backfired on him) - he doesn’t actually want to drop points 

get on with your fookin job or resign …… make a choice !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing it could be based on the question(s) he is asked as opposed to him just going on some grand monologue...

I can’t say I’ve listened to every interview, so not going to make stuff up, but my point stands that he said he’s not going to war with the club and yet every interview since then it’s been talked about… 

The club hasn’t acted in the transfer market, but I thought everyone knew why? Maxed out on squad, maxed out on wages? Yet here we are listening to him and some fans constantly go on about it! It’s an excuse to deflect from himself as per 

Just now, TMELcfc said:

I can’t say I’ve listened to every interview, so not going to make stuff up, but my point stands that he said he’s not going to war with the club and yet every interview since then it’s been talked about… 

The club hasn’t acted in the transfer market, but I thought everyone knew why? Maxed out on squad, maxed out on wages? Yet here we are listening to him and some fans constantly go on about it! It’s an excuse to deflect from himself as per 

How does mentioning that he wants to invest in the squad equate to 'going to war with the club'. 

He said he doesn't want to (and won't) go to war with the club, and so far he hasn't. What's the issue?

Just now, StanSP said:

How does mentioning that he wants to invest in the squad equate to 'going to war with the club'. 

He said he doesn't want to (and won't) go to war with the club, and so far he hasn't. What's the issue?

He has, he’s knows what he’s doing. Each time the context is transfer based. If you can’t see it or don’t want I'm not going to keep arguing about it. He’s not the only one by the way, these managers all know what they’re doing in these interviews/press conferences, there’s always some meaning to them, sometimes cryptic 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

He has, he’s knows what he’s doing. Each time the context is transfer based. If you can’t see it or don’t want I'm not going to keep arguing about it. He’s not the only one by the way, these managers all know what they’re doing in these interviews/press conferences, there’s always some meaning to them, sometimes cryptic 

Of course, I'm not naive enough to think that there's some subtleties beyond the words.

I just think that sometimes Rodgers' words are so overly-consumed by so many people it gets them wrapped up in to thinking that everything he says must have a deeper meaning.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

“I obviously want the club to be up there fighting and challenging for European football, top where we’ve been for a few years, but that’s going to take investment, and if we can’t do that than I also have to be realistic as well.”

I would say this is a jibe wouldn’t you?

If the right players were signed last summer we wouldn't need the investment this summer. I do think we should have signed a right winger and a proper Kasper replacement though, even if it meant having a player we couldn't register on 80k. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Of course, I'm not naive enough to think that there's some subtleties beyond the words.

I just think that sometimes Rodgers' words are so overly-consumed by so many people it gets them wrapped up in to thinking that everything he says must have a deeper meaning.

That’s true, and that’s how conspiracies are sometimes dreamt up, but it feels to me he’s latched onto this to take the blame off him, when as we’ve all been advised, it’s partly the poor transfer window last season that has us in this position.
Now I’m not one these who say ‘Rodgers fault for crap player signings, Rudkin good player signings’, but he has been said to have had a say, so to his mate congerton… Maybe I have read too much into it, but I’m annoyed it keeps coming up when I feel him and congerton have played a part in the transfer issue this season yet doesn’t take responsibility… (then again maybe he has behind closed doors)

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Saying it suggests he feels there is reason to. If he feels there is reason to then that is a point of friction either way. Saying he won’t go to war is tantamount to saying I won’t currently but I have good reason and might down the line. It’s all very Rodgers - and he thinks he’s clever. Man is a fraud.