Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest itude
2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Has he gone yet?

Nope, seems like there is a battle going on ? He wants more money, presumably to waste on some more Southampton donkeys ?

The club do not trust him enough to just give it to him, so are insisting on players out first.

He doesn't want to play ball with that, so is holding that up with for example' his recent "change of heart" about Soumare.

He wants to force the club into sacking him and getting a nice payout, the club doesn't want to pay that, so he ain't getting the transfer money. Presumably a resignation would be preferable to paying out.

Does that sound like a possible description of what is going on ?

Edited by itude

53 minutes ago, itude said:

Nope, seems like there is a battle going on ? He wants more money, presumably to waste on some more Southampton donkeys ?

The club do not trust him enough to just give it to him, so are insisting on players out first.

He doesn't want to play ball with that, so is holding that up with for example' his recent "change of heart" about Soumare.

He wants to force the club into sacking him and getting a nice payout, the club doesn't want to pay that, so he ain't getting the transfer money. Presumably a resignation would be preferable to paying out.

Does that sound like a possible description of what is going on ?

and a new head of recruitment not being released from his current contract until after the window closes, what a strange twist of fate😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

and a new head of recruitment not being released from his current contract until after the window closes, what a strange twist of fate😉

You reckon the Leicester board planned it for him to start the day after the transfer windows closes?

That's as cunning as a 🦊

Hope Brendan doesn't find out , he'd be really p*** off 🤣

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

When Fofana goes I can see Rodgers being next hopefully!

It amazes me, that it appears quite a few people on here think these two events (either both or or just one of them), would be a good thing to happen, at this moment in time.

It would be extremely damaging.

Please think these things through. Hopefully those in control will have.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

It amazes me, that it appears quite a few people on here think these two events (either both or or just one of them), would be a good thing to happen, at this moment in time.

It would be extremely damaging.

Please think these things through. Hopefully those in control will have.

You don’t think we have succession planning in place?

14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbf, if Fofana is sold for £85m, it will cover pretty much all of those mistakes in terms of transfer fees (obviously wages and overall cost of the transfers it won't). But this is the thing with our model, you take risks, some work, and some don't. There's no excuses for getting it wrong on "proven" players like Vestergaard and Bertrand, though. 

Exactly, even the risks that don’t work out, when sticking to our model we don’t take too much of a hit. Soumare for example seems to be discussed to Monaco for a fee quite similar to what we paid.

As an elite coach you’d think he would relish the chance to prove doubters wrong and reinvigorate the current squad. Seems he hasn’t got the stomach for that and is too stubborn to give players another chance 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Is it? I much prefer watching games where we attempt to control them with possession rather than playing anti-football. Don't get me wrong though, when it's not working we do need to try different options. 

I would not mind if we went out looking to score and win. With some pace then revert to keep ball. But let's be honest how many times have we fecked up playing keep ball.

27 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Is it? I much prefer watching games where we attempt to control them with possession rather than playing anti-football. Don't get me wrong though, when it's not working we do need to try different options. 

Well in that case go and watch French  football (from what I've seen of it bored the pants off me, so it should be right up your street,  I'll await the, but PSG aren't like that response, true but the rest are IMO) 

Your 2nd point... Thats the problem.. He doesn't fu*king change it as he doesn't have a plan b. 

'Only an idiot continues to do the same thing over and over and expects a different outco.m....'.   Oh. Wait,  that must be it then. I think we have just discovered the answer 

• Like 1

Guest itude

It is Rodgers who appears to be doing the same thing over and over again, and seeming to expect a different result. It's very frustrating when many of us can actually see that. But what do you do with someone like that ? It is just compounded by his regular habit of taking no responsibilty for his mistakes, and constantly finding someone, or something else to blame.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Control the game with possession or possession with purpose? They are two very different things.

I imagine you were as pissed off as Rodgers was when we were 3-0 up at HT against West Brom because we weren’t “controlling the game”. He was absolutely livid.

It still blows my mind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We need to be capable of both controlling the game with possession and possession with purpose (I assume you mean in an attacking sense?). There's a time to control a game and then there's a time to attack with intent. 

I prefer watching sides that have over 50% possession in most games and would like us to have that as our "template" (as it has been for quite some time now), but when you aren't one of the top sides in the league (which we all know we aren't), you obviously have to find other ways to play because it won't always work. We did that well in 2020/21 away at Man City, Leeds and Arsenal, but we've been married to the same way of playing since the start of last season and it's not always been effective. 

I wasn't at all pissed off when we were 3-0 up against West Brom. I was really pleased. Just because I prefer to watch a possession game from the side I follow and don't think changing Rodgers is the solution (at this moment in time, it might be in the future but I don't personally think it is just yet) doesn't mean I don't think there is a time and a place to switch it up or that he gets things wrong. 

Well it pains me to say it,  but if its the 50/50 ish split you crave from our team,  you aint getting that during Rodgers' tenure.  The last 18Mth or so has shown us that. 

He can't have everything. To get the signings he wants we'll have to sell a big player because we cannot shift the deadwood and he's given up trying to coach the rest.

Being paid an absolute fortune for this thinly veiled crap. Get on with it or go.

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

that idiot is on a youtube channel called 90min. always slagging rodgers off and calling him a fraud. 

Well on this occasion I think he’s made some very valid points.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Well on this occasion I think he’s made some very valid points.

I agree, and the visits from Celtic and Liverpool supporters in the past when Rodgers first joined said much the same, and that it would all go pear shape around now. What we are watching now along with last season seems to add some substance to that theory too. 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 3