Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is being done dirty by Rudkin and the board, this will get very ugly this season. I'm not convinced we are in a great place but I can u derstand why the club may have lost faith in him but some of the decision making this club has done in the last few years worries me every bit as much as what we did the year or so after winning the league. We have the ability to suffer a real crisis of confidence in our leadership off the field. 

I don't dispute this.

As i've said several times now the club had a choice, sack Rodgers at the end of last season or back him this summer, they chose to do neither, the longer it drags on the more the club and powers that be become more questionable and culpable, as much if not more than Rodgers.

As this drags on I think it becomes clearer that they'd like him to walk - but why should he.

I just hope he can't stand by letting his ego and reputation become damaged (By his own doing as much as the club not backing him) and they come to a mutual ending, he get's a pay out, it's cheaper for the club, everyone's a winner.

It feels as if there are quite a few things wrong, gone (or going) wrong at the club, sacking Rodgers won't solve all of them, but it's a key component of what's wrong.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

While this might be correct, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be signing ANY players. Zero first team players in, is not good, especially when you clearly need them. He is justified in being unhappy if you don't recruit ANY starters on the first team before the window shuts. 

Celtic also complained he didn’t really improve the first team. Fofana was the only signing that improved us and that was fairly short lived. Even if we do sign someone new I have no faith in Rodgers to get the most out of them.

If we really do want Rodgers out then what’s holding us back? His, I’ve read on here, 30 mil severance fee? If we’re under performing is it less? Do we really think he’ll walk?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

See the link to that This Is Anfield wrote up Ric. 

It’s perfectly feasible based on his comments whilst at Liverpool that he was able to get his foot further in the door here (rightly I’d have said at the time) when Arsenal were supposedly knocking on his door and we extended his contract. 

Im sure people will think that’s just my usual Rodgers bashing, but looking at it constructively the times and patterns of most of our signings (and new contract offers) do point to this theory being a realistic possibility 

I think you're on the right lines here, I totally agree. Going over all the scenarios for why we are doing what we're doing, the only one that makes a modicum of sense is the club can no longer afford to waste money given the new FFP rules and they've had enough of Rodgers and Congerton and their inability to consistently improve the starting XI or squad, last seasons activity the straw that has broken the camels back. 

Congerton was told his contract was not being renewed which is the biggest indicator or dissatisfaction and Martyn Glover has a lot of links to people that Top and the board respect and trust so we could be forgiven for speculating that the club are in a position where Rodgers has 3 years left on his deal and we have lost a lot of faith in him to take us forward, sacking him is not the preference right now whilst we retain a squad they largely believe in and think we can bumble along in the hope Rodgers will feel his job is untenable and look to leave. A rebuild is coming soon and at the very least we want the new recruitment head in to lead it, most probably with Rodgers having gone elsewhere and us not having to pay £15m to get rid of him. They will do though if our results put us anywhere near the bottom 5-6 places. 

The only thing I can't reconcile in my mind is Tops comments both at the end of the season and then that appeared from Thailand in July that he expected us to still make a number of in's and outs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

As i've said several times now the club had a choice, sack Rodgers at the end of last season or back him this summer, they chose to do neither,

The lack of backing him isn't the club's fault (unless we take more risk financially)? 

My hunch is that after the around Feb they had a plan on how they can invest in the squad. Spend freely but within our means, so to speak. Then the rule changes came about in April (perhaps unexpected?) and this put the plans for summer into jeopardy because the owners have the club's long term future in mind, instead of spending tens of millions of pounds. I also think perhaps they thought some players would be in more demand but that's clearly not come to fruition. 

I don't think sacking Rodgers was the only other option. Given the constraints, can you imagine how a new manager would feel if they come in and can't spend at all? Not to mention the expenditure of sacking Rodgers and his staff? 

32 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What's he supposed to say when asked by the media?? "No comment"??

He did not need to add on the extra bullshit about him working during his summer holiday talking to players etc etc 

He's trying to make the club look stupid and give himself yet more excuses for brand Rodgers. 

Look at the meaning behind his bullshit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The lack of backing him isn't the club's fault (unless we take more risk financially)? 

My hunch is that after the around Feb they had a plan on how they can invest in the squad. Spend freely but within our means, so to speak. Then the rule changes came about in April (perhaps unexpected?) and this put the plans for summer into jeopardy because the owners have the club's long term future in mind, instead of spending tens of millions of pounds. I also think perhaps they thought some players would be in more demand but that's clearly not come to fruition. 

I don't think sacking Rodgers was the only other option. Given the constraints, can you imagine how a new manager would feel if they come in and can't spend at all? Not to mention the expenditure of sacking Rodgers and his staff? 

Learning point... never let the termination cost of the manager and his team excede a reasonable limit 

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

He did not need to add on the extra bullshit about him working during his summer holiday talking to players etc etc 

He's trying to make the club look stupid and give himself yet more excuses for brand Rodgers. 

Or don't read it into it so much lol

So what if he worked through the summer holiday? Why is that a bad thing ffs lol

Or why does it need to be turned into a bad thing? A negative thing? I bet if he said I took a break and took myself away on holiday and away from the club you'll be asking 'why is he not doing more, he's underperformed and should be working extra hard to rectify things'. He literally wouldn't be able to win with any of you. 

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Absolutely spot on. It’s all about protecting himself, can’t believe some fans don’t see this. Other managers would throw themselves under a bus to protect the integrity of the club, staff and players. Rodgers is the polar opposite. It’s all the long game with him and from his point of view I can’t blame him. We only get one life and he wants to look after himself, I just don’t agree with it. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

My thoughts exactly, I honestly believe Top, Rudkin and Co have lost all faith in Rodgers, maybe the little resurgence over the last 4 games of last season backfired for the club as it meant we finished in a position that still made sacking him a very expensive exercise.  I think the club are trying to suffocate Rodgers into walking away, they.probably still believe the squad has sufficient quality to finish top ten and will look to keep funds available to the new manager and head of recruitment. 

meanwhile Brendan has gone on full media manipulation and reputation protection mode, honesty believe he will go as soon as the transfer window closes citing he hasn’t been backed and the club can no longer his ambitions. 

Brendan will hang on if he can to get his money but can’t afford for us to be honking the place out and sat in bottom 6 as his reputation will take a hell of a battering and that will further limit his next suitors. Get out soon and probably be favourite for every prem job that comes available plus some attractive projects abroad or stick around and suddenly like so many before become a forgotten man or only attracted interest from less fashionable clubs 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guest454545 said:

While this might be correct, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be signing ANY players. Zero first team players in, is not good, especially when you clearly need them. He is justified in being unhappy if you don't recruit ANY starters on the first team before the window shuts. 

All you're doing is justifying us wasting more money, and kicking this summers problem down the line to next year, or the year after, and so forth. We have 'Recruited starters' every year for Rodgers. Whether it be Daka/Soumare/Praet/Perez/Vestergaard/Bertrand/Under/Lookman etc....Do you think we recruited them to not kick a ball? Of course not, they were recruited to play football for us and they haven't because they're either not good enough, or Rodgers isn't good enough of a coach/judge of character to get the best out of them.

A football manager's job is no different to any other kind of job....It's his responsibility to 'earn' investment. He does this by proving his worth. If you work in Sales and you lose your company 10,000 customers, you're suggesting you can justify being unhappy that you're not being given the responsibility of looking after another 10,000 customers. It's no different to Rodgers here, and trusting him with more money....He can make the hole we're in even bigger, and the evidence suggests that would happen, given his terrible recruitment at Celtic, Liverpool and here.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What's he supposed to say when asked by the media?? "No comment"??

I’ve said before never wanted this in it for the payday bloke. Rodgers is a fraud. Unfortunately the club are finding out the hard way. 
I’ve had enough of the crap that he’s dished out over the last 18 months. 
Only thing he’s worked hard on is choosing paint for his new house… 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Absolutely spot on. It’s all about protecting himself, can’t believe some fans don’t see this. Other managers would throw themselves under a bus to protect the integrity of the club, staff and players. Rodgers is the polar opposite. It’s all the long game with him and from his point of view I can’t blame him. We only get one life and he wants to look after himself, I just don’t agree with it. 

Care to enlighten us on all of these managers that would throw themselves under a bus with examples?? 

When was the last time Rodgers spent a press conference saying how good his players are and that hes been fully focused on coaching them? 

He's constantly banging on about what he needs rather than what he's got. 

He failed to coach some basic errors out of us last season and now he's got time on the training ground he's more bothered about players he doesn't have. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Care to enlighten us on all of these managers that would throw themselves under a bus with examples?? 

It's not even throwing himself under the bus, it's a total failure to back his squad in public on a basic level. 

• Like 2