Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What's he supposed to say when asked by the media?? "No comment"??

how about "well we signed 4 players last summer all on decent money and I want 3 of them gone this summer so the club want them sold before I waste more money on players I won't want in 12 months ..."

• Like 3

Just now, Jimmy said:

how about "well we signed 4 players last summer all on decent money and I want 3 of them gone this summer so the club want them sold before I waste more money on players I won't want in 12 months ..."

Yeah definitely seems the club are thinking “why would we back you with another £40m when you signed Soumare, Perez, Vestagaard etc for prob more that that”

Just now, BigMicky said:

Apart from when he said we have amazing talent in the squad. 

What about when he blamed the Brentford disasterclass on fatigue yet he made 1 sub and that sub was taking off our best engine and player.

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

When was the last time Rodgers spent a press conference saying how good his players are and that hes been fully focused on coaching them? 

He's constantly banging on about what he needs rather than what he's got. 

He failed to coach some basic errors out of us last season and now he's got time on the training ground he's more bothered about players he doesn't have. 

You didn't listen to the conference today did you. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

What about when he blamed the Brentford disasterclass on fatigue yet he made 1 sub and that sub was taking off our best engine and player.

He didn't mention that in today's press conference. How about quoting something more recent. 

19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

When was the last time Rodgers spent a press conference saying how good his players are and that hes been fully focused on coaching them? 

He's constantly banging on about what he needs rather than what he's got. 

He failed to coach some basic errors out of us last season and now he's got time on the training ground he's more bothered about players he doesn't have. 

Today and pretty much the last few weeks lol:appl:

No incomings?

“Not at the moment. The work has been with the players who are here.”

Frustrating no arrivals?

“It’s one where I’ve said before. Every manager wants to strengthen. My experience tells me you have to concentrate on what you have, a wonderful group that want to get better. If we get some luck with no injuries, then we can still have a really good season.”

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

He didn't mention that in today's press conference. How about quoting something more recent. 

Ok BigMicky how far back can we quote things? Are you saying you are happy with the current manager and our situation and playing style? 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Ok BigMicky how far back can we quote things? Are you saying you are happy with the current manager and our situation and playing style? 

I'm confident we will finish top 10 this year. Why the panic? It's embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigMicky said:

I'm confident we will finish top 10 this year. Why the panic? It's embarrassing. 

It’s not panic wanting him gone. The last poll showed 75% of fans wanted him out so those wanting him in are a minority. 

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Today and pretty much the last few week lol:appl:

No incomings?

“Not at the moment. The work has been with the players who are here.”

Frustrating no arrivals?

“It’s one where I’ve said before. Every manager wants to strengthen. My experience tells me you have to concentrate on what you have, a wonderful group that want to get better. If we get some luck with no injuries, then we can still have a really good season.”

Conveniently ignored to suit people's opinions lol

• Like 1

I think what done it for a lot is the way he spoke about us last season not been able to compete with teams like West Ham and such, then says we need a rebuild then starts the season playing in the same manner as last season with little changes, in fact we look worse with Vardy on his own up top and Amartey coming into a back 3.

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think what done it for a lot is the way he spoke about us last season not been able to compete with teams like West Ham and such, then says we need a rebuild then starts the season playing in the same manner as last season with little changes, in fact we look worse with Vardy on his own up top and Amartey coming into a back 3.

He said we needed a rebuild at a time when these FFP changes were not revealed, or at least the effects of weren't. 

1 hour ago, Guest454545 said:

While this might be correct, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be signing ANY players. Zero first team players in, is not good, especially when you clearly need them. He is justified in being unhappy if you don't recruit ANY starters on the first team before the window shuts. 

Why would any decent business man pay players who can't play? We can only choose 25 players that we can use this season and we currently have more than that, meaning if we don't shift some more, we won't sign anyone. Rodgers and Congerton have filled our squad with over paid shite and now Rodgers is feeling the effect of that as we can't shift them and in turn can't sign any new signings. Rodgers isn't to blame for everything and I'm sure the people above him have made/are making mistakes but ultimately there seems to be little faith in Rodgers and it seems the club might be hoping he'll resign to save sacking him! 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

75% of fairweather non game going fans. 

Not true. I go to the games and want him out. But I'm not naive enough to think that every single word or sentence he utters is a bit 'fvck you' to the fans, as plenty seem to want or dare I say crave.

So many think that everything he says is to spite them, or the club, or both. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He said we needed a rebuild at a time when these FFP changes were not revealed, or at least the effects of weren't. 

Surely he would know about the finances and such and what he's going to be able to spend it was at the back end of the season, plus we don't really need a rebuild so he was talking waffles.