Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Brendan if he just got on with the job could do well this year but he doesn't seem able to cope now people have seen through the nice guy facade and realised how self centred  and egotistical he is. 

Who cares,  it's fine,  many of the top manager are.  Just accept not everyone will like you and get on with managing the club ffs. 

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I think the club have taken back control in a lot of aspects. I think he has been firmly put in his place after Forest and then the following comments on a refresh. He must continue as is for now. 

Yeah, I think there is an element of this. Bertrand and Vestergaard were shocking signings, and the club have now gone back to their previous recruitment system, especially with Congleton leaving. And want Glover to be more involved when he starts. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

All you're doing is justifying us wasting more money, and kicking this summers problem down the line to next year, or the year after, and so forth. We have 'Recruited starters' every year for Rodgers. Whether it be Daka/Soumare/Praet/Perez/Vestergaard/Bertrand/Under/Lookman etc....Do you think we recruited them to not kick a ball? Of course not, they were recruited to play football for us and they haven't because they're either not good enough, or Rodgers isn't good enough of a coach/judge of character to get the best out of them.

A football manager's job is no different to any other kind of job....It's his responsibility to 'earn' investment. He does this by proving his worth. If you work in Sales and you lose your company 10,000 customers, you're suggesting you can justify being unhappy that you're not being given the responsibility of looking after another 10,000 customers. It's no different to Rodgers here, and trusting him with more money....He can make the hole we're in even bigger, and the evidence suggests that would happen, given his terrible recruitment at Celtic, Liverpool and here.

So extending that analogy:

You have a manager, he exceeds targets, delivers success, and then has a bumpy, but not terrible, quarter. In fact, the bump just took the business back to where it would be reasonably expected to be, all things being equal. 

Are you saying any normal business would then fire that manager? It seems to me that they would be more likely to address any weaknesses in the managers operational knowledge, but continue to support them based on very recent past successes. 

But to get back to my point - I didn't say you should put Rodgers in charge of transfers again. I'm saying it's quite obvious that Leicester need new blood. So tell Brendan to make a list of positions he needs, then go out and buy the players for him, and let him do what he demonstrably does really well - coaching other people's players to be better than they were. 

But if you don't do that, then any manager is right to feel aggrieved that they aren't being backed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

All you're doing is justifying us wasting more money, and kicking this summers problem down the line to next year, or the year after, and so forth. We have 'Recruited starters' every year for Rodgers. Whether it be Daka/Soumare/Praet/Perez/Vestergaard/Bertrand/Under/Lookman etc....Do you think we recruited them to not kick a ball? Of course not, they were recruited to play football for us and they haven't because they're either not good enough, or Rodgers isn't good enough of a coach/judge of character to get the best out of them.

A football manager's job is no different to any other kind of job....It's his responsibility to 'earn' investment. He does this by proving his worth. If you work in Sales and you lose your company 10,000 customers, you're suggesting you can justify being unhappy that you're not being given the responsibility of looking after another 10,000 customers. It's no different to Rodgers here, and trusting him with more money....He can make the hole we're in even bigger, and the evidence suggests that would happen, given his terrible recruitment at Celtic, Liverpool and here.

An Daka/Soumare/Praet/Perez/ Vestegaard/Lookman/Bertrand/Under will have been mentioned privately when he's asked about more money, these conversations are going on privately both sides are looking for the best possible exit out of the current situation. 

Brendan is a charlatan!!! He brought his mate congerton with him who has failed miserably everywhere he has gone. Brendan had a couple of descent seasons (that he ultimately bottled) thank you ground work done by others! He always goes stale because he has a massive ego and can’t see/accept his own mistakes

Top needs to get Brendan out asap before he does any more damage 

get out of our club Brendan!!! And have the decency to walk! You don’t deserve any pay off!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Ohh your hard. Just because you have a season ticket it doesn't make you a decent fan. Its quite clear you aren't. 

Play nicely please... You're a bit out of order there,  no need to come out with stuff like that just because your opinion differs from someone else. 

People saying he won't walk, he's threatened to do so at Liverpool before and don't forget he's still got 3 years left, that's a long time of being very disillusioned and feeling under appreciated and respected. Not that we're going to go 3 years of not signing anyone I hope 😂😂😂

I just hope this doesn't have a negative effect on everyone, it's not ideal what's happening this summer but with a siege mentality and hopefully have less injuries and improve our defending from set pieces that we could have a relatively positive and successful season but to do so he's got to put all the disappointment to one side and ensure his actions and words don't lose the players. He's set the narrative already, he'd get very little criticism if we struggle and gets the sack.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

People saying he won't walk, he's threatened to do so at Liverpool before and don't forget he's still got 3 years left, that's a long time of being very disillusioned and feeling under appreciated and respected. Not that we're going to go 3 years of not signing anyone I hope 😂😂😂

I just hope this doesn't have a negative effect on everyone, it's not ideal what's happening this summer but with a siege mentality and hopefully have less injuries and improve our defending from set pieces that we could have a relatively positive and successful season but to do so he's got to put all the disappointment to one side and ensure his actions and words don't lose the players. He's set the narrative already, he'd get very little criticism if we struggle and gets the sack.

He won’t walk he knows we’re the top level he can get and will want every penny he can, our best chance of avoiding a pay off would be Newcastle sacking Howe and coming in for him

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I could see him resigning before next season even if it isn't during this. I don't actually think he'll fancy the size of the rebuild next summer, if he stayed for it he'd have absolutely nothing to hide behind should it go wrong

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Just now, Jimmy said:

He won’t walk he knows we’re the top level he can get and will want every penny he can, our best chance of avoiding a pay off would be Newcastle sacking Howe and coming in for him

His belief in himself won't have wavered, he still thinks he will get a better gig and I think he will too. But only if he's not working and one of the big 6 sack their manager mid season and take a punt.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

His belief in himself won't have wavered, he still thinks he will get a better gig and I think he will too. But only if he's not working and one of the big 6 sack their manager mid season and take a punt.

He’s not getting any of those jobs he had a chance when we gave him the extension. None would take him now, he’d have to go abroad

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

He’s not getting any of those jobs he had a chance when we gave him the extension. None would take him now, he’d have to go abroad

If he's available some might offer him a short term contract mid season and he'd back himself to impress. The iron is he's perfect for a short term deal as he tends to do well immediately and then when he's well and truly cemented in he gets worse and worse.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Think we missed a chance to get rid of him, few clubs came calling when his stock was higher and you could see the early signs of the path he is waking here!

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just can't see it. Mutual termination in which Rodgers is allowed to choose how to spin in (within reason). No way he walks from a packet that big totally.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...United against Liverpool, would add a lot of pressure on Ten Hag!!!

Is there any possibility that this weekend could decide the destiny of both clubs (Leicester and United) or is this just fanciful?

Is there any way United pulls the plug on Hag should they lose and they look in our direction?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

It’s not panic wanting him gone. The last poll showed 75% of fans wanted him out so those wanting him in are a minority. 

What poll...and Count the amount of fans that took part...Didnt even crest 2000...!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...United against Liverpool, would add a lot of pressure on Ten Hag!!!

Is there any possibility that this weekend could decide the destiny of both clubs (Leicester and United) or is this just fanciful?

Is there any way United pulls the plug on Hag should they lose and they look in our direction?

This is a real possibility given the mess Utd are in. Though I think he could be eaten alive by the Utd players.

I just hope we have identified who we'll go for to replace him.

As I said in another thread, if things really have got that bad, maybe we could put him on gardening leave and bring someone else in, perhaps a caretaker. Can’t have him fcking about with team selection, etc, trying to get himself sacked. He’d surely look for a new job double quick and move on without much compensation .

The threat to do so might get him looking elsewhere, or lower compensation.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is being done dirty by Rudkin and the board, this will get very ugly this season. I'm not convinced we are in a great place but I can u derstand why the club may have lost faith in him but some of the decision making this club has done in the last few years worries me every bit as much as what we did the year or so after winning the league. We have the ability to suffer a real crisis of confidence in our leadership off the field. 

Like the one where we chose not to sign Cucurella at Rodgers request to get Bertrand instead?

Hes definitely been our best backed manager under KP, absolutely no question, I fear though KPs worst decision will be the faith they have in him, rumours that they still rate him very high which is extremely concerning.

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Like the one where we chose not to sign Cucurella at Rodgers request to get Bertrand instead?

Hes definitely been our best backed manager under KP, absolutely no question, I fear though KPs worst decision will be the faith they have in him, rumours that they still rate him very high which is extremely concerning.

Is this true. ?   If this is so he should be kept well away from all future signings and just work as a Coach and Manager.