Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I feel like the club have realised the mistakes they have made in giving Brendan too much control / influence over both recruitment and the medical sides which has arguably seen us preside over a fairly sketchy record in both departments over the last couple of years to say the least

they have clearly felt this summer was the time and opportunity to take control back and they have acted, quite possibly with the view that Brendan can either accept it and work with it or he can walk away. 

This is just my opinion, I don’t believe the club are in financial trouble however I do think Rudders and Top have said the squad and.wage bill is too high and players need to be moved on before the club will make further investment. I also feel the club believe these players have a valuation and the club will not give them away or be forced into accepting low ball offers. I honestly believe the club are comfortable that the current squad has more than enough to finish top ten and Rodgers no longer has the power to hold the club over a barrel. 

I reckon Rudders and Top sit back pissing themselves at every interview Brendan gives at the moment, it’s a matter of time before he resigns or leaves by mutual consent. 

I reckon the first reasonable sized managers job that becomes available, if Brendan has many already gone, he will be heavily linked to, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of this noise in the media is his way of showing his unhappiness at the current situation and

alerting any clubs who could be interested that he is gettable. 

• Like 2

A downbeat presser from Rodgers I thought, slagging off certain players, even suggesting Maddison lacks experience, wtf. Then eluding to a lack of communication between the board and himself even though he said there's openness.

He's becoming more toxic, lose tomorrow and he needs to go.

We've all been asking for the awkward questions to be asked of him and wanting him to tell us the truth. We are now getting more disclosure, I'll not make a judgement on how accurate it is but I welcome this from Brendan regardless.

For too long we skirt around topics and we are left with very little other than to make our own assumptions which I am one of the guiltiest (is that even a word?)

He's certainly now willing to fight his corner on some of the stuff he's said and then it hasn't transpired or to clarify what he meant when he's said something, even though that bit about the lack of experience is still very misplaced. The most inexperienced in our squad is our 29 year old goalkeeper 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...United against Liverpool, would add a lot of pressure on Ten Hag!!!

Is there any possibility that this weekend could decide the destiny of both clubs (Leicester and United) or is this just fanciful?

Is there any way United pulls the plug on Hag should they lose and they look in our direction?

It’s fanciful to think that yanited sack ten Haag irrespective of the size of Mondays defeat (if they lose)

if we were to lose heavily tomorrow then it isn’t fanciful to think that the club pull the plug on Brendan (but I’d still be surprised) 

• Like 1

I think because we don’t hear anything from inside the club, other than from BR, it’s difficult to call. But I think there is a shift in the relationship between the manager and the club. Could be wrong but I think the feels like the beginning of the end. Another poster speculated this could be a power struggle, either the club recruits the players or no-one does. 

I’ve been thinking a lot about what happened last season, and have tried to see if there’s a sequence of events that can explain the comment Brendan made in his recent presser.

So, last pre-season we spent more money than we ever have in a summer, and clearly that’s all gone a bit belly up.

Rodgers last season had a notable shift in mood, not long after the charity shield game he went from being a sour frankly mardy man. And all of his bizarre press conferences and post match interviews started.

I think the first stumble was when we wasn’t offered the spurs Job, I think he genuinely thought that they would come in for him, but they didn’t….

Lee Congerton then left…. I’m starting to think he was asked to find a new job before he was pushed, probably because of the amount of money spent with the little return. IE Soumare not starting, Vesty not starting Bertrand’s wages etc…. 

There were definite rumours of Rodgers being sacked, so I’m wondering if this was actually a disagreement between him and the club re recruitment and Congerton. Something was definitely said anyway, because several sources close to the club had to come out and deny that he had been sacked.

The rebuild… I think the main thing that changed was Europe. As we had no European funding, the club probably thought they’ve got to start cutting the wage bill. And I’m also wondering if there’s now a lack of trust to allow Rodgers to make the signings, until a new head of recruitment comes in?

Either way he’s starting to look a bit broken… and that’s a worrying sign. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been thinking a lot about what happened last season, and have tried to see if there’s a sequence of events that can explain the comment Brendan made in his recent presser.

So, last pre-season we spent more money than we ever have in a summer, and clearly that’s all gone a bit belly up.

Rodgers last season had a notable shift in mood, not long after the charity shield game he went from being a sour frankly mardy man. And all of his bizarre press conferences and post match interviews started.

I think the first stumble was when we wasn’t offered the spurs Job, I think he genuinely thought that they would come in for him, but they didn’t….

Lee Congerton then left…. I’m starting to think he was asked to find a new job before he was pushed, probably because of the amount of money spent with the little return. IE Soumare not starting, Vesty not starting Bertrand’s wages etc…. 

There were definite rumours of Rodgers being sacked, so I’m wondering if this was actually a disagreement between him and the club re recruitment and Congerton. Something was definitely said anyway, because several sources close to the club had to come out and deny that he had been sacked.

The rebuild… I think the main thing that changed was Europe. As we had no European funding, the club probably thought they’ve got to start cutting the wage bill. And I’m also wondering if there’s now a lack of trust to allow Rodgers to make the signings, until a new head of recruitment comes in?

We are speculating obviously, but some of this feels like it’s on the right tracks. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I'm fascinated by the correlation between last summer being the biggest net spend for many years and not a single player was signed to improve the starting XI. Who's idea was that? Is this where the club have finally got fed up with Rodgers given the extremely low number of signings made in the last 3 years that get in our team when everyone's fit?

Before anyone starts it's clear that Daka and Soumare were succession planning players and not squad fillers but Rodgers comments and the way he's perhaps handled new signings might well have caused our board to question what on earth is the point in keep giving him funds for him and Congerton to blow. They did the same at Celtic, this is almost word for word what @Muzzy_Larsson said on a number of occasions when Rodgers came here and many didn't want to hear it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm fascinated by the correlation between last summer being the biggest net spend for many years and not a single player was signed to improve the starting XI. Who's idea was that? Is this where the club have finally got fed up with Rodgers given the extremely low number of signings made in the last 3 years that get in our team when everyone's fit?

Before anyone starts it's clear that Daka and Soumare were succession planning players and not squad fillers but Rodgers comments and the way he's perhaps handled new signings might well have caused our board to question what on earth is the point in keep giving him funds for him and Congerton to blow. They did the same at Celtic, this is almost word for word what @Muzzy_Larsson said on a number of occasions when Rodgers came here and many didn't want to hear it.

What makes me think this is they did exactly the same to Sven. When we had the mad championship pre-season and the likes of Mills, Paintsil, Beckford. Fernandes et al we’re not proving to be worth the money, he was booted. I remember someone telling me that the board were furious about Beckford.

It makes sense, we’re investing in assets and last summer was largely a waste. I personally think that Soumare was an identified target by the club, which is why Rodgers decided to sack him off, never really gave him a chance and probably never really wanted to. We know he is sometimes happy to swing his dick around to satisfy his own ego at times.

Thing is, he’s mentioned things like “not going to war with the club” and “we had a plan but things changed”, that to me isn’t so much biting the hand that’s feeds, but it’s certainly a nibble. He’s potentially ****ed himself now, but the club are well within their rights to not allow him to have full access to the signings. It kind of makes sense to me now the lack of movement, we have a new head of recruitment who isn’t yet here, and plans changed? Probably because they genuinely don’t trust Rodgers to handle the signings. Just take a look at his signings at Liverpool….. they were largely rancid. 

So the conversation had was probably “fine if you want a player we will consider it, but you’ll have to get rid of some of the crap you’ve signed IE Vesty, Bertrand first”. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

People are allowed to be of the opinion that Rodgers shouldn't be sacked. I mean, most of the world are, it's only a vocal section of LCFC fans that aren't. 

Do most of the world have an opinion on this do you reckon? It also doesn't mean that opinion is the correct one either

• Like 2

Listening to Brendan’s press conference - he’s quite obviously fuming at the lack of activity. Sounds like he was pretty sure he would be able to do so, and had his targets sorted with his scouting department.

For him to then be told that can’t happen is crap communication within the club - as much as I acknowledge it’s prudent to operate in the way we are.

Unfortunately both sides (board and Rodgers) have legitimate grievances and that makes excuses very easy to use.

Said it before, this only ends one way 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The money people at the club are the one's who need the finger pointing at. 

They can easily point at his signings and say we need these duds out the door before any come in. But that really should have been communicated around the time of his “squad needs a refresh” comments.

Who knows, maybe it was and BR is playing the media game. Maybe it wasn’t and he’s wasted his summer talking to potential signings.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Okay, most of the world that follow PL football. From what I've listened to and read in the media etc. it seems that must people don't think he deserves to be sacked, and put our recent issues down to a number of factors, not just the manager. All of my mates, who aren't Leicester fans, all think it would be mental to get rid when we've spoke about it. It's good to get a neutral's perspective sometimes because they often remind us of where we are. We're not a mammoth club who can attract a top manager to come in. I don't think many realistic replacements would do better than what Rodgers has done with what we have at our disposal. That's not to say it's impossible, though. 

True, we're not a mammoth club who can attract the very best managers/players. Therefore I don't think we can justify paying him what we currently do and not have any real expectations or scrutiny for him. If we're happy to just make up the numbers then fine, get somebody in on a wage more in line with our ambitions. 

A neutral fans opinion can be interesting but I wouldn't say it holds much weight compared to us fans that follow the club closely 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Meh, I would say that a lot of neutrals see it without looking through blue-tinted specs. I don't know what the expectations are from fans that want him gone, tbh. 

The first team hasn't been good for some time. When was the last time we were playing consistently well in any way? He's the First Team Manager, and he's on a top 6 salary. If we're kicking around the bottom half all the time do you feel he is meeting the expectations we should have?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Meh, I would say that a lot of neutrals see it without looking through blue-tinted specs. I don't know what the expectations are from fans that want him gone, tbh. 

Maybe to not see their team concede the same goal every week. Or for their manager to make sensible substitutions? Crazy things to expect I know !

26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

This is what annoys me. Fans are frustrated with summer activity, so is Rodgers. Opinions are aligned, but the fans still point the finger at BR. Just seems to be barking up the wrong tree - it's quite obvious that this situation isn't ideal for him either. 

The money people at the club are the one's who need the finger pointing at. 

Would it be a case of throwing good money after bad from the club's perspective ?

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The overall expectations, though. The process isn't great at times (I share the exact same frustrations as everyone else) but you can't argue with the results. 

I fear Rodgers is actually the glue holding a lot of things together and that if he goes, things will only get worse. I can't imagine our best players getting excited by the prospect of working with a Frank or a Potter - I think the Maddisons and Barnes of this team would soon follow Rodgers out the door if he was to go. 

All conjecture though, nothing to suggest that would be the case

We can't simply stick with a manager for fear of appointing somebody that might end up doing worse

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The first team hasn't been good for some time. When was the last time we were playing consistently well in any way? He's the First Team Manager, and he's on a top 6 salary. If we're kicking around the bottom half all the time do you feel he is meeting the expectations we should have?

Is he? 

I thought Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham all pay their respective managers more than we do. 

Maybe even Everton cos they're stupid? 

I think sometimes people read too much into the machinations of what goes on inside the club, there is always going to be tension and personality issues.  As already stated on here, some of the problems during summer recruitment lie in the vote by UEFA on the 7th April to adopt the new FFP regulations.  He is probably peeved at the situation, but understands the club have their hands tied, although with his ego he naturally wants to protect his own back.   

Rodgers media interviews are coming across as too negative with some of us, but on the other hand if he was super positive we'll be having ago at him as well, I just think that he's reached that stage, that he is in the "damned if do or damned if you don't" territory.  Only an upturn in fortunes will turn it around with the supporters.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2