Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I don't buy this changing the whole formation just because of one player, especially Barnes. 

You could get it to work anyway by pushing someone like Maddison over there and playing Nacho in the 10. Or even just throw the vice captain in. I know it's not ideal but it sounds like Rodgers has worked so hard on this preferred system preseason, surely it's worth sticking to it with different players. 

KDH could even play there bringing in Mendy.

the only person on the planet that thinks Barnes being out means we have to play a back 5 is the twat picking the team, most fans seem to agree some variation of a diamond midfield should have been used

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I don't buy this changing the whole formation just because of one player, especially Barnes. 

You could get it to work anyway by pushing someone like Maddison over there and playing Nacho in the 10. Or even just throw the vice captain in. I know it's not ideal but it sounds like Rodgers has worked so hard on this preferred system preseason, surely it's worth sticking to it with different players. 

KDH could even play there bringing in Mendy.

Yep, its madness. Especially at home against Brentford it was madness. Just use the bloated squad; Perez, Albrighton and Praet could all do a job on the flanks.

Just now, Dames said:

Big call from Rodgers to leave Fofana out if its not come down from the board. Could be seen as massively rocking the boat when there's no need too. 

If we aren't selling Fofana and Rodgers has dropped him and made a spectacle of it he's angling for the sack.

I don't think thats the case and Fofana isn't being risked because of the sale but if that isn't the case then Rodgers is really pushing his luck.

Has to back it up by putting Soyuncu in the team though. Can't be dealing with another Amartey sh**show when you have that calibre of player on the bench.

Yes he had a poor season but didn't they all

• Like 1

I won’t lie I am a little bit scared of us getting relegated. 

Incompetent manager, unsettled squad, experienced leader gone suddenly, no incoming transfers at all, two awful games to start the season. I could go on and on. 

We’re also a whisker away from a Daniel Amartey and Jannik Vestergaard centre back pairing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Distress signals are going up all over the place at the King Power. Just hope everyone puts their pet problems away and gets behind Leicester City Football Club for 90 minutes against Southampton. Start again afterwards by all means but the loyal players need our support.  

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daka Perez

Lookman KDH Soumare Under                

Bertrand Vestergaard Fofana Castange

That'd be the team with the best signings Rodgers has made (including KDH).

Is it any wonder the board are reluctant backing him in the transfer market?

That's not the mention the players Rodgers has given the cold shoulder to.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Such a shame that Benkovic didn't work out, last season would have been the perfect time for him to have game time. Honestly none of our other academy CB were ready.

Brunt did well in the game he played.  Based on that promising performance, wouldn't it have been progressive to give him a go in one of the matches at the end of the season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Daka Perez

Lookman KDH Soumare Under                

Bertrand Vestergaard Fofana Castange

That'd be the team with the best signings Rodgers has made (including KDH).

Is it any wonder the board are reluctant backing him in the transfer market?

That's not the mention the players Rodgers has given the cold shoulder to.

Playing Devils advocate here but didn't Praet and Justin sign under Rodgers and if you include KDH then Thomas must be included instead of Bertrand? :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

Incompetent manager, unsettled squad, experienced leader gone suddenly, no incoming transfers at all, two awful games to start the season. I could go on and on. 

We’re also a whisker away from a Daniel Amartey and Jannik Vestergaard centre back pairing. 

It’s so much more likely than people think. We could quite easily be in the fight in my opinion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Brunt did well in the game he played.  Based on that promising performance, wouldn't it have been progressive to give him a go in one of the matches at the end of the season.

People moan about us finish 8th, imagine the uproar if we finished in the bottom half.

When a manager is under pressure which Rodgers was and still is they tend not to blood youngsters 

5 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I think a massive saving grace is that we categorically aren’t as bad as at least 3 other teams. Fulham, Bournemouth and I would also bank on us just about getting more points than Leeds, Southampton and I would bloody like to think, Forest. Maybe Palace and Wolves too. Not sure about Wolves this season. 

I also think if we were looking likely, the owners would act quickly. I think they realise that if we go down that’s about the worst thing that could happen from their perspective. 

Also, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy will do enough to get us over the line. But we are in a right mess I can’t say I’m thrilled about where we are compared to, realistically, we should be. Missing champions league was bigger than we probably thought at the time but this is the fallout from that I reckon. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Playing Devils advocate here but didn't Praet and Justin sign under Rodgers and if you include KDH then Thomas must be included instead of Bertrand? :thumbup:

I never counted Justin as a Brendan signing. I only included KDH since I could think of anyone else, but fair dues he has played him a lot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think a massive saving grace is that we categorically aren’t as bad as at least 3 other teams. Fulham, Bournemouth and I would also bank on us just about getting more points than Leeds, Southampton and I would bloody like to think, Forest. Maybe Palace and Wolves too. Not sure about Wolves this season. 

I also think if we were looking likely, the owners would act quickly. I think they realise that if we go down that’s about the worst thing that could happen from their perspective. 

Also, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy will do enough to get us over the line. But we are in a right mess I can’t say I’m thrilled about where we are compared to, realistically, we should be. Missing champions league was bigger than we probably thought at the time but this is the fallout from that I reckon. 

Yeah, I do think/hope you’re right. It’s a very real possibility though and I do think a lot of people are in denial over it. We are currently nowhere near a top half premier league team and it’s very naive to think otherwise. 

You’re bang on when you say missing out on champions league was a huge thing. We’ve kind of been in a downwards trajectory ever since and I can’t help but think of what could have been had we not have capitulated. 

We’re now in a situation where it feels like an entire season has been written off before it’s even begun. We’ve gone from ambitions of European success to hoping that Daniel Amartey doesn’t miss-kick the ball into our own net or just outright pass it to an opposing teams striker in a very short period of time and it’s so disheartening as a fan. 

7 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I'm sure I've posted the following before,  but IMO,  if Rodgers was to be sacked post Southampton  I feel there who be a collective sigh of relief around the club (I would be surprised if the players are happy with the dull negative tactics and style of play) hopefully without his influence the next match (yes I am aware its Chelsea) and ones following we would go onto the pitch in a better frame of mind,  not adopting "Brendanball" and starting with the better and inform players from the get go. 

• Like 1

Having seen the articles in yeh reputable circles of media and the interview Rogers game the signs are ominous. It just doesn’t add up. It’s not as simple as a singular issue like FFP. Nothing is going right at the moment on so many levels. Rogers sounds down he’s low on confidence and energy. Like real disappointment anyone can sense it in his voice. This air of negativity will run wild at the club and affect all the players.

tnis is not about doom & gloom the warning signs are there for all to see.

could use a win to get some positivity back.

6 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Having seen the articles in yeh reputable circles of media and the interview Rogers game the signs are ominous. It just doesn’t add up. It’s not as simple as a singular issue like FFP. Nothing is going right at the moment on so many levels. Rogers sounds down he’s low on confidence and energy. Like real disappointment anyone can sense it in his voice. This air of negativity will run wild at the club and affect all the players.

tnis is not about doom & gloom the warning signs are there for all to see.

could use a win to get some positivity back.

100% agree,   but don't be surprised to see the Brentford starting 11 but with Vesterguaard for Wes (yes Cag's for me if it went that way).

Lets hope Barnes is fit and we start 433.

But i still don't think Rodgers is over making his point about the calibre of his available players and that no new troops are coming in (yes he is that stubbon and yes he is still keeping the "well I wasn't backed" narrative fresh as an excuse and protect "Brand Rodgers" 

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I never counted Justin as a Brendan signing. I only included KDH since I could think of anyone else, but fair dues he has played him a lot.

Out of interest why don’t you class James Justin as a Brendan signing? 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Out of interest why don’t you class James Justin as a Brendan signing? 

We can only guess the extent to which Brendan has influence over our transfer policy, but the fact that he had Congerton appointed and several signings since have gone against our model then you can make a semi-educated guess.

Pères, Vestergaard and Bertrand definitely don't fit our usual policy, whereas Fofana and Justin do (buy young, a bit of a gamble, but players with a potentially high ceiling which promises a good financial return on the investment).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, deep blue said:

We can only guess the extent to which Brendan has influence over our transfer policy, but the fact that he had Congerton appointed and several signings since have gone against our model then you can make a semi-educated guess.

Pères, Vestergaard and Bertrand definitely don't fit our usual policy, whereas Fofana and Justin do (buy young, a bit of a gamble, but players with a potentially high ceiling which promises a good financial return on the investment).

So without any knowledge, we are just going to say all players who were signed by Rodgers who turned out well he can’t take any credit for, but he has to take all the blame when they don’t turn out well??

Come on, as for the change in policy, it was clear losing the likes of Fuchs, Morgan and King meant we had to attempt to bring in some more experienced pros around the place. It’s great to bring through t he young players and watch them develop, but part of that development is them learning from good experienced professionals. There needed to be a mix in our transfer policy as our squad developed.

• Like 3