Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Absolutely pathetic I think not just Brendan needs to go but the management above him, how did we not see our situation coming or if we knew we take the risk and spend so much on wages we’re well and truly ****ed 

Needs to go.

We freaked an FA Cup, but we have been consistenly poor since the start of 2021. 

There is no fight and no spirit in this team and they look like deers in headlights as soon as there is some pressure.

We are a passing side apparently, but we really do not look like one. No off the ball movement, no tempo and cobsistently giving the ball away cheaply.

Defensively we look in a state of constant panic.

All this falls back to the manager.

• Like 1

Just now, CyprusFox said:

Is it Rodgers fault that we have too many average/shite players on long contracts and ridiculous wages?

No, I actually think he did a great job for 18 months. If anything he performed above expectations. The reality is, a head coach has a shelf life and he’s passed it. 

2 - 3 years is the maximum. 

• Like 1

In the last few seasons we have gone from a team with some of the most talented young players in Europe to a complete joke on and off the pitch. 

I said in the last thread and i'll repeat here, I almost feel guilty, I don't want us to lose, but i'm relieved if we do as it pushes BR towards the door, I hate feeling that way about a manager that has given us success, but he's completely lost the plot and the last 18 months have been abysmal in the premier league. 

Replacements I'd consider off the top of my head, whether they would come is another story and i'm definitely missing names off here.
- Potter
- Ruben Amorim

- Marco Rose (Think he's massively underrated, did a great job at Salzburg, Monchengladbach and Dortmund but went under the radar)

- Pochettino but obviously massively unlikely
- Lucien Favre 

- Villas Boas 

- Hassenhuttl (not because of today i've liked him for a long time) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gravel said:

I do wonder if this is Brendan doing a dirty protest by smearing shit performances over every game in order to expedite his exit with full pay off.

Of course it is, and not only that, he can blame the lack of signings. 
He will escape the spotlight, it’ll all be on the board. 

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

Is it Rodgers fault that we have too many average/shite players on long contracts and ridiculous wages?

Its his fault he cant coach them now, most of these players were playing better two years ago.

The only one thats arguably improved is Maddison.

Considering some where his signings, yes, but nice attempt to defect the blame.

• Like 2

These are good players, just shite manager.

Anyway too late to do major transfers, so need new management. Less of the passing it about at the back under pressure. We give these goals away.

• Like 1