Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whether Rodgers admires Hamza's football skills is questionable but he knows he is an intimidating presence. We have often been thought of as too nice as a team and the opposition will sometimes exploit that. Hamza is not nice!

Weren’t we one of the most booked teams last season? I don’t think anyone looks at Vardy or soy and thinks their nice?

1 hour ago, majaco said:

It is really hard to work out how much Rodgers likes Hamza as a player.  He is a regular in the match day squad.  Sometimes trust is given to him.  It is questionable whether he will make the 25 man squad.

Anybody able to enlighten on this?

I don’t think he rates him, they ready to let him go in January.

He won’t make the matchday squad when we’re at full strength.

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No he's not.

What a load of tosh.

I respect your opinion but we differ on this one. Hamza's problems is he is out of time and referees give too much protection these days. Twenty years ago he would have been fine and MON would have loved him. Ole Gunnar seems to value the equally aggressive Mctominey highly by the way.

Edited by An Sionnach

The problem is that no one wants him, and if you sell him it will basically have to be a giveaway and not the 10-million fairy tale some fans have conjured up.  He's a Championship-caliber player and Championship clubs aren't going to pay squat on a transfer like Choudhury.

44 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I respect your opinion but we differ on this one. Hamza's problems is he is out of time and referees give too much protection these days. Twenty years ago he would have been fine and MON would have loved him. Ole Gunnar seems to value the equally aggressive Mctominey highly by the way.

No he's just not very good, which is why no one wants him.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Hamza is just not good enough for a top half team and possibly not good enough for the premier. His decision making is extremely suspect.

Agree with your first statement, but think he could do a job at a lower half team. His main problem here is that Brendan wants his players to have good technical ability, and my own personal view on this, is that this is where Choudhury is lacking. Can't fault his energy, commitment and his ability to close down, but unfortunately his overall skill level is below what is expected for our first team.

• Like 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9902287/Steve-Bruce-pushes-Newcastle-sign-Hamza-Choudhury-loan-Leicester.html

Steve Bruce pushes for Newcastle to sign Hamza Choudhury on loan from Leicester with the midfielder open to the move... but the Magpies must first sell players to make room for him

Steve Bruce is pushing for Newcastle United to sign Hamza Choudhury on loan from Leicester City.

The 23-year old was a target for Bruce in the January window and is understood to be open to the move so he can play more regular football.

Bruce believes the England U21 international’s industry and combative nature would make a huge difference to his side but Newcastle’s hierarchy want their manager to trim his squad first to make room.

6 hours ago, Dusty said:

Weren’t we one of the most booked teams last season? I don’t think anyone looks at Vardy or soy and thinks their nice?

...we are not a dirty team, we pulled the yellows for professional fouls stopping counters!!!

We may also be one of the easiest team to referee as we do not harangue the Referee when he has decided against us. An action that Matt Piper on Radio Leicester has been asking for the players to do more of, in order to influence the Referees decision.

14 minutes ago, okie fox said:

As a defensive midfielder, Hamza strays out of position a lot.

...he needs regular game time and a seasoned pro to play alongside!!!

He also needs to stay on his feet and not overcommit, he is not learning anything at the moment and only in real match conditions that he will pick up the necessary skills and knowledge he needs to go forward with his career.

Playing every now and then is no help and he has lost a considerable amount of time in his career in limbo at this club.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

If I was an opposition player in the Prem I'd love to see Hamza on the other side of the team sheet, the fact he'll pass the ball to me more than my team mates would be a huge bonus

yes but with which broken leg will you be receiving the ball with?

Loan to Newcastle or similar with option to buy. I’ve not seen him play enough to make a judgement really and until he gets a good run in a team how can anyone judge him? That said we have Soumare, Mendy and KDH who are all ahead of him so a loan may be a good option and may put his transfer fee up 

On 17/08/2021 at 21:28, dylanlegend said:

Loan to Newcastle or similar with option to buy. I’ve not seen him play enough to make a judgement really and until he gets a good run in a team how can anyone judge him? That said we have Soumare, Mendy and KDH who are all ahead of him so a loan may be a good option and may put his transfer fee up 

I think that's a big issue here. I can remember a few games when he's actually looked fairly decent, but then a fair number of others when he's looked particularly poor too.

I think if he does go on loan somewhere for the season, (particularly if that's still in the Premier League; like to Newcastle, for example), it'll be interesting to watch his progress after a run of games in the first 11.

He is very unlikely to get that here, without a huge injury crisis in midfield, but I believe the jury is still out on how good a player he actually is.

Having said that  - (and I'm ending in an almost identical way to the post I have quoted - in fact I may not have added much at all in this whole post if I am honest) - if a team offered money for him, I'd personally want Leicester to accept it, because we've got players like Soumare and KDH who look like better options, and we can't keep everyone happy with the number of midfielders we now have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfan92 said:

Having said that  - (and I'm ending in an almost identical way to the post I have quoted - in fact I may not have added much at all in this whole post if I am honest) - if a team offered money for him, I'd personally want Leicester to accept it, because we've got players like Soumare and KDH who look like better options, and we can't keep everyone happy with the number of midfielders we now have.

Literally the only argument for keeping Hamza is that he is club home grown, and it's an unreplaceable in European squad spot. Having KDH step up alleviates that problem to some extent; but truth is, Hamza is on European/Cup duty, and with Soumare in the squad might not even make a league appearance. He needs to go for his career, and shouldn't be kept around just in case we have an unbelievable injury crisis.

Frankly, I think we might be able to afford to let both Hamza and Mendy go at the same time; I just don't see either making anything buy very occasional league appearances.

• Like 2

On 17/08/2021 at 07:25, An Sionnach said:

Whether Rodgers admires Hamza's football skills is questionable but he knows he is an intimidating presence. We have often been thought of as too nice as a team and the opposition will sometimes exploit that. Hamza is not nice!

We get bullied way too much. 

There’s room on the squad for an enforcer.