Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

28 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Newcastle still want a central defensive midfielder after sorting the Willock buy from Arsenal

Apparently that is the transfer budget spent so suspect they will ask us to loan Hamza and probably subsidise his wages assuming an obligation to buy him next summer

They do still have money to spend they just  bid about €16m (inc €2m bonuses) for Jens Cajuste of FC Midtjylland. The bid was rejected but they still have budget by the looks of it, Hamza is perhaps the more expensive option so maybe a loan with an option to buy could happen. I’d rather keep him this year as with Wilf away on AFCON a CDM will be vital. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Keeping Hamza means our squad is pushed to the absolute limits in terms of who we can register for the league and especially Europa

It would be nice to keep him as a 3rd choice DM but we really are pushing it with our squad size, especially if we do also go after a winger

Also not too sure how happy he will be to sit around not even on the bench to cover for a month in January

Soumaré or KDH would have to cover in a position they are not accustomed to. If we play a back four our central defenders could be exposed. You can't keep acquiring players unless you can be sure of moving players on. We are pretty poor at it principally because of our big contracts. This is the price you pay for being a top club.Soon we will have at least six players , maybe more on 5 million pound contracts. The inflationary pressure on wages is becoming unsustainable but that is the world LCFC is now in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Soumaré or KDH would have to cover in a position they are not accustomed to. If we play a back four our central defenders could be exposed. You can't keep acquiring players unless you can be sure of moving players on. We are pretty poor at it principally because of our big contracts. This is the price you pay for being a top club.Soon we will have at least six players , maybe more on 5 million pound contracts. The inflationary pressure on wages is becoming unsustainable but that is the world LCFC is now in.

I think we'll look for a midfield 3 of Soumare, KDH and Youri when Ndidi is away, rather than Maddison and Tielemans with a DCM.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll look for a midfield 3 of Soumare, KDH and Youri when Ndidi is away, rather than Maddison and Tielemans with a DCM.

Yes this. Would be quite interesting to see Youri as the central player of the 3 in a Pirlo type role dictating everything and KDH and Soumaré doing the running for him either side. Could be quite an interesting option 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Realistically it is a problem we are going to have to deal with - most likely going down the route @Ric Flair mentioned of probably Soumare, KDH, and Youri, or could well be we decide at that time to play a 3 at the back - I am pretty sure Brendan will be considering all of this for the upcoming season, and if he is still happy for Hamza to leave then he will have a plan of what he is going to do when the times comes

You also can't keep hoarding players to possibly feature for at most 1 month of a season when that squad role can be better used for a winger who would start the majority of games

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Keeping Hamza means our squad is pushed to the absolute limits in terms of who we can register for the league and especially Europa

Not really - Hamza's spot in any Europa League squad is a 'free' spot in the sense that only a club-trained player can fill it, and we have plenty of room in the PL squad given Fofana is U21.

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Realistically it is a problem we are going to have to deal with - most likely going down the route @Ric Flair mentioned of probably Soumare, KDH, and Youri, or could well be we decide at that time to play a 3 at the back - I am pretty sure Brendan will be considering all of this for the upcoming season, and if he is still happy for Hamza to leave then he will have a plan of what he is going to do when the times comes

You also can't keep hoarding players to possibly feature for at most 1 month of a season when that squad role can be better used for a winger who would start the majority of games

We have a winger in Kamal, and in spite of the Mahrez inspired obsession on here with spending a great deal of money on another, I very much doubt that it is going to improve our attacking threat much. The opposition is not going to sit back and let us play the way we want to. We need principally to tighten up at the back, ten less goals conceded last year and we would have made the top four easily. Afcon could seriously weaken our defensive resources and we should take no risks.

40 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Loaning Hamza would mean no defensive midfielder in our squad during Afcon. Fofana could have filled in but that can't happen now. 

Loan until Xmas could be useful. He gets game time and gives us time to reassess the situation.

Suits both parties and we have a match fit player for that month then make a decision at the end of Jan. 

Edited by scinnell

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Loaning Hamza would mean no defensive midfielder in our squad during Afcon. Fofana could have filled in but that can't happen now. 

That's why they've bought Soumare. To allow us to play different systems and also cover for Wilf

Looks like we could keep hamza for the next half season to help bouba settle in. Clearly that relies on hamza being happy to bench sit at best if he settles in seamlessly….

The first half of the season has a lot of games with Europe and the league cup ….maybe a sale or loan in jan is more likely ….

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Looks like we could keep hamza for the next half season to help bouba settle in. Clearly that relies on hamza being happy to bench sit at best if he settles in seamlessly….

The first half of the season has a lot of games with Europe and the league cup ….maybe a sale or loan in jan is more likely ….

Also, by keeping Hamza until the qualifying date for the Europa League (September I think), we get to have a 23 man squad, as he contributes to our 'Club produced players' quota. If we sell, we will only be able to have a 22 man squad. 

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We have a winger in Kamal, and in spite of the Mahrez inspired obsession on here with spending a great deal of money on another, I very much doubt that it is going to improve our attacking threat much. The opposition is not going to sit back and let us play the way we want to. We need principally to tighten up at the back, ten less goals conceded last year and we would have made the top four easily. Afcon could seriously weaken our defensive resources and we should take no risks.

....I really do not believe anyone is advocating that!!!

All I am looking for is someone who is competent in the role, so as to make a difference in our team. Even if we spend £15-20m on Dan James it would be better than what we have now. We do not need to get in a superstar or anyone near the £40m mark to resolve this dilemma, we just need someone who understands the role and can be effective for the team. 

40 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Also, by keeping Hamza until the qualifying date for the Europa League (September I think), we get to have a 23 man squad, as he contributes to our 'Club produced players' quota. If we sell, we will only be able to have a 22 man squad. 

Keeping Hamza lets us have a 24 man squad. Selling him would mean 23. Of the 4 club-trained players over 21, we currently have 3.

Edited by Raw Dykes

44 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We've been debating this for 2 years now. He needs to be sold. If we can cover every position on the pitch without utilising him then move him on.

This is exactly it. He's clearly not good enough to make the first 11 so time he moved on. Football is about compromise and making adjustments.

Mendy seems to be first in line so we don't need Hamza. Time to move on.

• Like 1

I Think many have Not  learnt from last year...

Lets,throw this moments Surplus out....

only to find We again are pulled down my injuries...

we are will in a Recuperation phase...I aint  yet seen  Where Leicester are prepared to delve early, into our Academy or younger Rescources & Show some fringe

players are probably Hanging around To  long..

Though I Dont.  see Chouds as extra-baggage,that must be put on the baggage-claim-Rondel

It is really hard to work out how much Rodgers likes Hamza as a player.  He is a regular in the match day squad.  Sometimes trust is given to him.  It is questionable whether he will make the 25 man squad.

Anybody able to enlighten on this?

15 minutes ago, majaco said:

It is really hard to work out how much Rodgers likes Hamza as a player.  He is a regular in the match day squad.  Sometimes trust is given to him.  It is questionable whether he will make the 25 man squad.

Anybody able to enlighten on this?

I agree. Apart from the FA Cup final, has he even appeared for us since that banging COVID party? Maybe once more in the league? 

Until that point IIRC he'd had a run of appearances off the bench but it's never been much more than that. 

Whether Rodgers admires Hamza's football skills is questionable but he knows he is an intimidating presence. We have often been thought of as too nice as a team and the opposition will sometimes exploit that. Hamza is not nice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whether Rodgers admires Hamza's football skills is questionable but he knows he is an intimidating presence. We have often been thought of as too nice as a team and the opposition will sometimes exploit that. Hamza is not nice!

No he's not.

What a load of tosh.