Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

So wages are an issue but yet some one here are convinced he isn't even on 10k a week. I think the truth is starting to show. 

Oh that's strange because one poster told me he 'knows it to be true' that he's on peanuts

Surely someone can't be spouting bullsh*t on FoxesTalk, can they?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

What amazes me was that Newcastle did this last deadline day. Why leave it this late? Surely this is one that could have been wrapped up months ago! 

Because they've saved themselves x amount of £60k's a week.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, tomfmlcfc said:

Oh that's strange because one poster told me he 'knows it to be true' that he's on peanuts

Surely someone can't be spouting bullsh*t on FoxesTalk, can they?

I know. Without blowing my own trumpet I've been calling this for ages. Several posters refuse to believe it.

My cheerleader @Ric Flair can vouch for me.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

What amazes me was that Newcastle did this last deadline day. Why leave it this late? Surely this is one that could have been wrapped up months ago! 

I don't think they agree with the valuation. That's why they'd prefer the loan as a back drop like last time.

Just now, UHDrive said:

I don't think they agree with the valuation. That's why they'd prefer the loan as a back drop like last time.

Thee are two things here

1) loan fee

2) wages

im not aware that there is any option to buy on this proposed loan so no transfer fee valuation relevant 

we want to reduce 1 and increase 2 

they probably want to do the opposite

I think PL ffp is only really a thing this season on squad wage bill 

hence the negs are difficult 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If we let hamza or mendy go we have space for someone else don't we.

Time is short and I think we now try and avoid last minute stuff on purchases

I have a feeling we have counted on hamza’s wages being gone this season already - hence the determination to get a deal done - somewhere 

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Only in the PL squad, we'd have to bin Jakupovic and Mendy to get another in the EL squad. Hamza makes no difference to Europe squad as we are short on academy players already.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Only in the PL squad, we'd have to bin Jakupovic and Mendy to get another in the EL squad. Hamza makes no difference to Europe squad as we are short on academy players already.

Then so be it - we really don't need them in the EL squad - 2 keepers and our other 14 CMs is enough.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the fact he's not still playing for Burton Albion in League 1 is one of the biggest mysteries in football. 

Managing to get another Premier League move when you see some of the midfield quality in the Championship is incredible... fair play to the lad must talk a good game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

GK - Kasper, Ward, Jaku - 3

CB - Evans, Cags, Vestergaard, Amartey, Benko - 5

FB - Ricardo, Castagne, Bertrand, JJ - 4  (+Thomas u21)

CM - Youri, Wilf, Soumare, KDH, Hamza, Mendy - 6

AM - Maddison, Perez, Barnes, Kevin, Lookman - 5

ST - Vardy, Nacho, Daka - 3

Total - 26

I'm assuming Benko won't be registered, so that's 25, but with only 3 club-trained players, we can only register 24 players, so one more has to go. If that player is Hamza, then we'd only be allowed 23, as he's club-trained. We might not register JJ until January, but that still only takes us to the limit, I think. Shifting Mendy and not registering JJ until Jan would allow us to bring in one more, I think. It might be tricky to offload Mendy if he's away with Senegal, though.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

GK - Kasper, Ward, Jaku - 3

CB - Evans, Cags, Vestergaard, Amartey, Benko - 5

FB - Ricardo, Castagne, Bertrand, JJ - 4  (+Thomas u21)

CM - Youri, Wilf, Soumare, KDH, Hamza, Mendy - 6

AM - Maddison, Perez, Barnes, Kevin, Lookman - 5

ST - Vardy, Nacho, Daka - 3

Total - 26

I'm assuming Benko won't be registered, so that's 25, but with only 3 club-trained players, we can only register 24 players, so one more has to go. If that player is Hamza, then we'd only be allowed 23, as he's club-trained. We might not register JJ until January, but that still only takes us to the limit, I think. Shifting Mendy and not registering JJ until Jan would allow us to bring in one more, I think. It might be tricky to offload Mendy if he's away with Senegal, though.

Surely we'd register JJ given Brendo said hes expected back in training in basically a months time

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the fact he's not still playing for Burton Albion in League 1 is one of the biggest mysteries in football. 

Managing to get another Premier League move when you see some of the midfield quality in the Championship is incredible... fair play to the lad must talk a good game.

Same with Jeffrey Schlupp. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what people see in him.

Extremely limited on the ball, and his positioning is terrible.

Not that Mendy is great, but he's clearly the better player, who has actually had some decent performances at times.

Mendy was great at the start of last season to be fair, better than Choudhury has shown at any time.