Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

29 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I felt it was always better to deal with hamza, mendy and praet earlier than deadline day. Not that it would've changed Newcastles stance on hamza, cheap tossas.

Well, obviously. You can't sell when no-one's buying, though. It's not like we were knocking back offers until today, was it?

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Six players in and three out so some decisions to be made and that doesn't include Benko.

Morgan, Fuchs, James, Ghezzal, Praet (loan), Sowah and Knight have left, so not three?

Also, we only signed five I think.

Just now, Frost said:

Morgan, Fuchs, James, Ghezzal, Praet (loan), Sowah and Knight have left, so not three?

Also, we only signed five I think.

James, Ghezzal, Sowah and Knight not in the squad and I am including KDH.

36 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We continue to struggle to move players on, that’s two successive windows we’ve failed to get Choudhury out on loan.

Who the hell set his contract up? The lad is stealing a living. I would say if his wages are as high as they seem he is unlikely to go anywhere until his contract expires, as he is a championship/relegation battle midfielder at best. 

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well, obviously. You can't sell when no-one's buying, though. It's not like we were knocking back offers until today, was it?

No you don't. But you don't go into Sainsbury's just because they tell you to buy taste the difference either..   

Can we just cancel negotiating with Newcastle in the future. What a bunch of candy pandas! This pullava has been going on for 2 seasons now. It's no secret they've wanted Hamza but the farting around is just a big waste of everyones time. Hamza just needs to improve his overall game. He's a tough solid guy and if he sharpens up he can be a regular player for us. Just don't why he hasn't reached the required levels yet. He's had opportunities.

Against Newcastle where he shone I thought that would be the beginning of his emergence but its been flat since.

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Candy pandas? oops! Meant to say Nandy Pandy's lol (damn typos)

The Candy Pandas were a late 60s Californian psychedelic rock band, close contemporaries of the Strawberry Alarm Clock. After showing initial promise, they sadly disbanded after a couple of years after their drummer tragically died in a freak wallpapering accident.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hamza is fine for EL squad, Mendy likely have to be binned which you'd suspect would be the case for the PL 25 man squad too.

We may as well cancel mendy’s contract if he can find another club. 

depends how much saving we can make on our contractual obligations to him in any negs. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We may as well cancel mendy’s contract if he can find another club. 

depends how much saving we can make on our contractual obligations to him in any negs. 

I prefer Mendy to Hamza. He looked good last season when Wilf was out. 

7 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Feels like they did this on purpose, Hamza isnt exactly mr popular in Newcastle.

I was surprised when he was linked tbh. They weren’t exactly enamoured with him the last I saw.

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Can we just cancel negotiating with Newcastle in the future. What a bunch of candy pandas! This pullava has been going on for 2 seasons now. It's no secret they've wanted Hamza but the farting around is just a big waste of everyones time. Hamza just needs to improve his overall game. He's a tough solid guy and if he sharpens up he can be a regular player for us. Just don't why he hasn't reached the required levels yet. He's had opportunities.

Against Newcastle where he shone I thought that would be the beginning of his emergence but its been flat since.

They basically waited until the last minute hoping we would be wanting to get rid by that time, and hoping they would get him for next to nothing.  There is a possibility that the new changes to refereeing, where they are letting more robust challenges go, could actually benefit Hamza.  What he needs to do though, is stay switched on during a game, there are times when he just switches off and loses the player he should be picking up. If he can sort that out, he could be worth keeping from the club point of view. From his own viewpoint though, he is at an age where I'm sure he feels he needs to be playing regularly, which he won't be doing here.   

Newcastle fan at work is spitting feathers over this. He thought Hamza would have been a good addition. Just adds more fuel to the bonfire they would like to throw Ashley on.

Even their own fans think the club is a joke missing out on a player they rate for the sake of a couple of Million loan fee, which, if they then activated an option to buy would be deducted from, or taken into account in respect of, the final fee.

He reckons it would be justice if next time we play them Hamza scores a worldy against them

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes on loan to a Championship club next week until January. I think they can still loan off the PL for another week?

Forest would be my guess.

I am not too sure if they are doing that this season, can't find a mention of it anywhere