Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Strange that there were so few loans to the championship from the prem yesterday 

I thought that too. Considering these loan moves were left until the last minute and for playing time then it would make more sense. Stick him next to matty james at bristol city.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Strange that there were so few loans to the championship from the prem yesterday 

They can't afford it. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I am not too sure if they are doing that this season, can't find a mention of it anywhere

When I was digging I’m sure I seen that a block on emergency loans (short term loan no longer than 3 months) got binned off after the window closed the 16/17 season

Will be interesting to see if Mendy or Hamza will be joining Benkovic in playing for the u23s till January… bit if a shambles really I would’ve thought as the window got closer we would’ve just farmed them out to OH Leuven

Edited by dbtcity

8 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Will be interesting to see if Mendy or Hamza will be joining Benkovic in playing for the u23s till January… bit if a shambles really I would’ve thought as the window got closer we would’ve just farmed them out to OH Leuven

i'm guessing we will name one of them in the prem squad and the other in the eL ?  otherwise mendy should have gone to belgium till jan

9 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

...and incur the wrath of Brys......just to start the argument all over again!!!

OHL are certainly not there to take our out of favour players, Brys totally right to expect to be consulted on any player coming in from Leicester. We would have to pay the salaries of the players as we could not dump such cost on them when they are looking to spend only a 2 Million Euros on a player.

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...and incur the wrath of Brys......just to start the argument all over again!!!

OHL are certainly not there to take our out of favour players, Brys totally right to expect to be consulted on any player coming in from Leicester. We would have to pay the salaries of the players as we could not dump such cost on them when they are looking to spend only a 2 Million Euros on a player.

It would be a total last resort so I’d expect nothing less than us covering the cost of which ever player we sent over, both are good enough to play in the prem so it’s not like we’re sending over the kids, much better alternative than them sitting rotting in the u23s… either way it didn’t happen and now it looks like 1 of them will be doing just that unless we can somehow flog either of them to a Saudi team I guess

16 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It would be a total last resort so I’d expect nothing less than us covering the cost of which ever player we sent over, both are good enough to play in the prem so it’s not like we’re sending over the kids, much better alternative than them sitting rotting in the u23s… either way it didn’t happen and now it looks like 1 of them will be doing just that unless we can somehow flog either of them to a Saudi team I guess

We did that with King and Benkovic and the manager refused to play them. I think we’ve learnt our lesson sending players there unless the manager wants them.

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

A good read on Newcastle and their ‘attempt’ to sign Choudhury:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/01/frustrated-angry-steve-bruce-seeking-answers-newcastle-uniteds/

Loan fee we wanted was only 1.5m. 

Some Newcastle United supporters want Steve Bruce to resign in protest against Mike Ashley

Aye, they want him to resign to "stick it" to Ashley lol

• Haha 1

Realistically, how high up the table would Hamza have lifted Newcastle? 1.5 million plus wages, maybe 3 million in total to take Newcastle from 16th to 15th possibly? If you've got no money is it worth it? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Realistically, how high up the table would Hamza have lifted Newcastle? 1.5 million plus wages, maybe 3 million in total to take Newcastle from 16th to 15th possibly? If you've got no money is it worth it? 

Fair point, though the difference between 18th and 17th would be a bit more significant - and it's not entirely obvious that 3 clubs will finish below Newcastle: Norwich, Watford & Palace, perhaps?

I can see why we might want to sell (surplus of central midfielders, player not top 6 calibre) and why Hamza might want to go (regular football) but I wonder if Ashley will end up regretting not getting his wallet out......probably not! :D

51 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

50% of wages and a loan fee, thus covering his wages for a year.

That’s not what the article says. It says cover wages AND a loan fee, but they had an issue with that loan fee, says nothing about an issue with the wages.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That’s not what the article says. It says cover wages AND a loan fee, but they had an issue with that loan fee, says nothing about an issue with the wages.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Newcastle would be safer with him sat in the stands.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

....what is the difference between the positions, as you are paid by the position you finish!!!

Feel bad for Hamsa. He is one of our own after all. Just don’t feel he’s been managed/coached very well at our club. There is a solid player in there but time is running out. Flippin Newcastle messing around seemed like a good home for him to prove himself again. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sorry the article doesn’t fit your narrative.

Equally sorry the narrative doesn't fit your view. Plenty of evidence there you just choose to ignore as per usual.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we're giving Tielemans a pay rise to take it up to 100k a week. Then that means he's currently earning roughly similar to Hamza Choudary on his 60 bags a week lol

You don't keep Youri  on 100 grand a week , double that and you will be nearer.