Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

9 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

We may need Choudhury in January when Ndidi & Mendy go to AFCON unless Dewsbury Hall can play there or we switch to 3 central defenders (if we have any left by then) :dunno:

One of Dewsbury Hall's strengths lies in his adaptability and versatility, but he isn't a defensive midfielder. No way he plays in that role. 

34 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

I’m not sure how Jordan would know these figures... 

but wouldn’t surprise me if they are false, just one place to publish dodgy numbers and everyone else will just copy 

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’m not sure how Jordan would know these figures... 

but wouldn’t surprise me if they are false, just one place to publish dodgy numbers and everyone else will just copy 

Agents will have been pushing for this move. The figures would be shown to all clubs that might be interested.

7 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Here we go again lol 

Its not really worth a lot of debate but you can only go by what other top players are allegedly payed. We think we know Vardy gets 7.5 million a year and I think Tielemans will want more than that. If our total wage bill , which is published I believe , jumps significantly we can make a better guess on what they have offered him.

On 01/09/2021 at 16:11, dbtcity said:

Will be interesting to see if Mendy or Hamza will be joining Benkovic in playing for the u23s till January… bit if a shambles really I would’ve thought as the window got closer we would’ve just farmed them out to OH Leuven

This Way of doing our transfer business,no matter how good we have developed the Quality of the squad,

this side of this Business has been a bit of a stigma,& that for at least 10yrs, we have been well below avg.

I still believe both Mendy & Hamza are decent players,better than some on this forum will have..

Both have played their Part in Good runs,especially Mendy, whos performances drove into that position to compete for Top 4..

If you want to dilly over their mistakes, then I Shoot back every time...how many times have our Elite players put in a poor pass/tackle that

gifted our Opponents with unnecessary goals...

What I find more of a shame, is how these type of decent players,can get frozen out sometimes 1-3 seasons, without getting a run in any competition at

the level they have themselves achieved...Then I ask just how Good are their agents & Also their own playing ambitions,even if it means dropping down

a level....either lower EL/Championship/ or another Foreign Top League...

Mendy unfortunately had an injury, at the wrong time,so couldnt push his claim either way..

Benkovic,taking away his injury periods just no idea what has happened in his case.I

Praet...just my opinion, should of been given more gametime,  especially when like him, he Covers 2-3 positions,in a chronic injury hit squad...

• Like 1

OK I admit it I am a bit of fan of Hamza. Of course he is not a great footballer but neither was David  Batty and he was mighty effective. The game was rapidly becoming a non contact sport , which may have benefited Maddison but took away Hamza's main weapon , his physicality. Maybe, just maybe , the pendulum is swinging and a bit of push and shove is going to be allowed. The lad is pretty bombproof ,seems to never get injured , which is rare among our squad. I would hope , with experience , he controls the rash tackles which probably frightened Rodgers to death. I can see matches where his strength could be very useful , we shall see if Rodgers makes use of him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I never believed Hamza was on anything like 60k a week. 

you can’t assume he wasn’t from that article. All it’s suggesting is that we were asking for a certain amount not the full 60k. Other articles have confirmed we were willing to pay part of his wages.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

OK I admit it I am a bit of fan of Hamza. Of course he is not a great footballer but neither was David  Batty and he was mighty effective. The game was rapidly becoming a non contact sport , which may have benefited Maddison but took away Hamza's main weapon , his physicality. Maybe, just maybe , the pendulum is swinging and a bit of push and shove is going to be allowed. The lad is pretty bombproof ,seems to never get injured , which is rare among our squad. I would hope , with experience , he controls the rash tackles which probably frightened Rodgers to death. I can see matches where his strength could be very useful , we shall see if Rodgers makes use of him.

'Physicality' is Yaya Toure powering through the midfield with an opposition player trying to drag him back...

Drogba holding off his man, whilst simultaneously bringing the ball down, swivelling 180 degrees and putting the ball in the net from 20 years...

Or Lukaku, making a run from deep into the box and a defender bouncing off him whilst trying to keep up.

Rash tackles, largely through either a lack of discipline, or concentration/positioning, is not 'physicality'.

Mendy made 110 top flight appearances in France, in 3 seasons, before joining us.

I'm not convinced Choudhury would feature like that for any club in this league, or France.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think you're underrating Hamza a bit there. He'd start for a lot of teams in France and most likely quite a few of the sides in the bottom half of the Premier League. If he was given a decent run then he'd show he's a decent player, but he's not gonna get that here because we have much better options. 

To convince me that Choudhury is a competent Premier League player, he's going to have to prove himself at least at Championship level first.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think you're underrating Hamza a bit there. He'd start for a lot of teams in France and most likely quite a few of the sides in the bottom half of the Premier League. If he was given a decent run then he'd show he's a decent player, but he's not gonna get that here because we have much better options. 

I was thinking more when you are faced with teams like Watford and Crystal Palace who will never outplay us but will use physicality and with the new guidelines might get away with a lot more.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

He’s had enough good games at Premier League level to show that 

I think you're exaggerating a bit there.

He's had at most, a handful, where he has looked 'competent/decent'.

There are plenty of players at Norwich, or West Brom, that have had 'good games' at PL level....

But I'd consider them 'yo-yo' players at best.

Take someone like Matt Phillips for example, nearly 150 PL appearances, around 200 Championship appearances, and someone who is far more PL proven than Choudhury.

But I'm guessing you probably rate Choudhury higher right?....

Based off the club he has played for, rather than his actual ability.

31 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

There are plenty of players at Norwich, or West Brom, that have had 'good games' at PL level....

Take someone like Matt Phillips for example, nearly 150 PL appearances, around 200 Championship appearances, and someone who is far more PL proven than Choudhury.

Nobody is overrating Choudhury , but he is a pro footballer and of course he has abilities. He remains with us and given the number of games this season we will probably need to use him sooner or later.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He'd start for so many Premier League teams that none of them actually wanted him, only the worst manager in the league in Steve Bruce and even then his club overruled him and jacked the deal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Because he plays for us..!!  Oh and not Too badly...

Too much crap,untruths, from this forum ( his own club-forum) thrown at his doorstep...

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah maybe you’re right. I think the lack of games hasn’t helped the lack of interest. I just think when he came on the scene that the potential was clear to see and he’s at an age now where he needs to make the most of it.

Maybe I’m thinking too much in his favour, but I do think that with a starting place in the Premier League that he could be the player we all thought he’d become when we saw him 2/3 years ago. 

Problem lies as you say, we don’t trust him and no one in the Premier League wants to take a chance on the lad. 

Just shows, Big mouths like Klop, and Bruce,Making Wild statements has consequences....

Actually I Dont think Hamza has ever Made a Collection of bad tackles, he is being ( incorrectly) Credited for...!!

And I definitely cant agree with the pathetic Bullshit Coming from this forum on both Mendy & Choudhury....

The Funny Thing is, is that this forum has an high % of great balanced posts over/across many topics...

Bit IMO, the cynical consistent criticism campaigns of our own players,( knee-jerk or game day,critic no problem) is just poor form and leans towards

Personal-social-media-Harassment...I

Many give & carry on discreditting a player, from another managers/pundits statements,

where the General conseptious is there is no base or absolutely nothing behind.!!

Then at their convenience, bring the issues back up, just  to support their own agenda

well worse than any oppo-manager's incompetent , unbalanced opinion..

just like Wasi's s Walking red card...!!!

• Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 12:08, Paninistickers said:

His agent didn't do him any favours, sticking all his eggs in the Geordie basket. Why hadn't the agent worked out a backup plan? 

If city were, as it seems, prepared to compromise on wages, a move to the Bundesliga would've been an option

So is ripping up his contract and playing for Anstey Nomads, doesn’t mean he wants to do it. 
I get the impression Hamza is very comfortable at the club, big family/friends man and obviously from the local area and surrounded by them. On a nice wage here at his boyhood club, I’d imagine it would have to be a very tempting offer for him to move. 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

So is ripping up his contract and playing for Anstey Nomads, doesn’t mean he wants to do it. 
I get the impression Hamza is very comfortable at the club, big family/friends man and obviously from the local area and surrounded by them. On a nice wage here at his boyhood club, I’d imagine it would have to be a very tempting offer for him to move. 

I think he's comfortable here, because if the rumours of the £60k a week are true, I'm not sure any side would be willing to pay him half of that.