Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

2 minutes ago, LonnieDon said:

I disagree. Injuries or not Perez is not up to the mark. He is too airy fairy , no speed and goes missing in the latter stages of a game.

But has still managed 43 goals and 13 assists in PL, not disagreeing we need better, but we will probably bring in 4-5 players in the summer at best. 

We have Vardy, Nacho, Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton and Perez, who can currently play in attacking roles; we need to add at least 2 without losing anyone, 3 if we lose someone. 

We also need a CB to replace Wez, and LB to replace Fuchs and a CM, with 2 attackers that's 5 incoming. 

We will do well to achieve that in the time and budget available, so I can't see us replacing Perez. Hopefully, Sowah develops with game time and replace him over time. 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But has still managed 43 goals and 13 assists in PL, not disagreeing we need better, but we will probably bring in 4-5 players in the summer at best. 

We have Vardy, Nacho, Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton and Perez, who can currently play in attacking roles; we need to add at least 2 without losing anyone, 3 if we lose someone. 

We also need a CB to replace Wez, and LB to replace Fuchs and a CM, with 2 attackers that's 5 incoming. 

We will do well to achieve that in the time and budget available, so I can't see us replacing Perez. Hopefully, Sowah develops with game time and replace him over time. 

How many of those goals and assists from Perez were this season? You can count them on one hand by the way so it won't take you long lol 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How many of those goals and assists from Perez were this season? You can count them on one hand by the way so it won't take you long lol 

He's been crap this season, without a doubt. He's a moment of the season deflecting that Chelsea pass to Thomas in the Cup Final, which sort of sums his season up.

But there is a player in there, somewhere.

Guest LonnieDon
10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We need players like Barnes who can run at the defence. With Barnes injured, it has emphasised just what we are missing and just what we need.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm more interested in his stats here and not at Newcastle.

He has been dog shit here, let's have it Right. He's scored 1 goals in 2 seasons that have had a direct impact on a result here, that was Sheffield Utd away this season. Every other goal we'd have got the result anyway (a little subjective but still a astonishing stat).

This season has been atrocious from him, he's played a large chunk of this season in his supposed favoured position behind the strikers as well and the end result has been even less goals and assists than from when he was moaning about playing on the wing last season.

I'm done with him, he's so wasteful. I wouldn't mind if he every so often scored or provided a goal in a crucial game but no, he blazes shots over the bar in the closing minutes away at Palace for the win and away at Chelsea that would could have secured us CL.

He's up there with Slimani as the biggest waste of money in recent years, the only difference is we still pick him.

As much praise as our recruitment team has gotten over the past 8/9 seasons, we are making some really expensive mistakes as well. For every Tielemans, Fofana, Ndidi and Soyuncu, we've had a Silva, Slimani, Kramaric and Ghezzal.
When you spend that amount of money, I really feel that you do need to get it spot on and we just haven't with Perez.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He has been dog shit here, let's have it Right. He's scored 1 goals in 2 seasons that have had a direct impact on a result here, that was Sheffield Utd away this season. Every other goal we'd have got the result anyway (a little subjective but still a astonishing stat).

This season has been atrocious from him, he's played a large chunk of this season in his supposed favoured position behind the strikers as well and the end result has been even less goals and assists than from when he was moaning about playing on the wing last season.

I'm done with him, he's so wasteful. I wouldn't mind if he every so often scored or provided a goal in a crucial game but no, he blazes shots over the bar in the closing minutes away at Palace for the win and away at Chelsea that would could have secured us CL.

He's up there with Slimani as the biggest waste of money in recent years, the only difference is we still pick him.

None of this can be argued with. 

Guest LonnieDon
21 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He has to be sold. He can run around like a demented hare and get ran over by a car whenever he likes (in football terms to get a red card), but he can't do much else.

I don't beleive they can't afford 8mil and considering they are desperate for any half decent CDM right now then I'm calling their bluff.

Perez is a lovely bloke. But sadly niceness doesn't win matches.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I will put you down as a maybe then.

Truth is we need more option's - what happens to hamsa won't make a big difference either way.  A centre forward, winger and an attacking mid will earn us points - and am also worried if Barnes and Justin are to retrain with the same form as before- we might need to cover this  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sportrac have him on £7.5k a year till 2023 which seems much more realistic. 

I doubt anyone in this country is on £7.5k a year, surely that's below the national living wage. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I doubt anyone in this country is on £7.5k a year, surely that's below the national living wage. 

Haha whoops! That's because as I was typing I read that his annual salary works out as £390,000 lol

7 minutes ago, LonnieDon said:

We need players like Barnes who can run at the defence. With Barnes injured, it has emphasised just what we are missing and just what we need.

100% but we also need squad depth as well, I'd rather us spend money on a great RW rather then replacing a squad player.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree 100%; he the only Spanish player who can't seem to pass.

But I think we have bigger fish to fry than replacing Perez this summer; I'd rather us focus on finding that starting RW. Our squad depth in wide attacking areas is terrible. I'm praying Sowah can have an impact like Barnes.

I'm just realistic on what we can achieve in the summer window regarding improving the squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The sad reality of it all.

I'm doubtful we'll even be able to sell him, so think he'll be here next season.We'll probably flog him for a cut price fee back to Spain at the end of next season.

1 hour ago, shen said:

As much praise as our recruitment team has gotten over the past 8/9 seasons, we are making some really expensive mistakes as well. For every Tielemans, Fofana, Ndidi and Soyuncu, we've had a Silva, Slimani, Kramaric and Ghezzal.
When you spend that amount of money, I really feel that you do need to get it spot on and we just haven't with Perez.

Sadly it's impossible, especially when you're signing players who are meant to be the next big thing or will go on to be world class, there's so many variables that can hinder development. Whoever thought Vardy would go on to be the player he did, effectively meaning Kramaric never got a chance here. The absolute mess when signing Silva meant he missed the first 6 months here and got off to a terrible start.

We're still one of the best in the world at signing players, and that's very impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LonnieDon said:

Perez is a lovely bloke. But sadly niceness doesn't win matches.

If he didnt cost as much then he could be a decent "squad" player for us depth wise.. outside of that, back to newcastle lad!

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sadly it's impossible, especially when you're signing players who are meant to be the next big thing or will go on to be world class, there's so many variables that can hinder development. Whoever thought Vardy would go on to be the player he did, effectively meaning Kramaric never got a chance here. The absolute mess when signing Silva meant he missed the first 6 months here and got off to a terrible start.

We're still one of the best in the world at signing players, and that's very impressive.

That's a biased statement though.

We've signed Fofana, Castagne and Ünder this year. First is a hit, although expensive for our club, the second is par for the course considering the fee and the last one was a flop, though we're fortunate it's just a loan.

The season before we spent over £50m on Perez and Praet, which is pretty poor value honestly.

I will say that we are good at maximising fees for our most wanted players, which allows us a bit of breathing room, but the major expensive failures in our recent transfer history make our good deals look a little bit worse.

Remember that we still don't have the revenue of the mega clubs who can pay £30m plus for players with relative ease. We're not there yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shen said:

You are never going to get all signings right it’s how you manage and deal with them that is key.

A couple of those mentioned have been managed well with salaries mitigated through loans or the player sold.

We have an outstanding record of buying talent, developing it into first team regulars and then on occasions selling for huge profits whilst also delivering trophies...

Perez has not worked out and completely agree that it has not delivered the results intended but overall we are way in credit on transfers to which end I would not swap our policy and process with any other clubs.

• Like 1

Guest LonnieDon
1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

If he didnt cost as much then he could be a decent "squad" player for us depth wise.. outside of that, back to newcastle lad!

Agree, Jattdogg. Love em all, would be sad to see him go, but next season begins another show.

39 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You are never going to get all signings right it’s how you manage and deal with them that is key.

A couple of those mentioned have been managed well with salaries mitigated through loans or the player sold.

We have an outstanding record of buying talent, developing it into first team regulars and then on occasions selling for huge profits whilst also delivering trophies...

Perez has not worked out and completely agree that it has not delivered the results intended but overall we are way in credit on transfers to which end I would not swap our policy and process with any other clubs.

Maybe not swap it with any other top clubs, but there are clubs below us and across Europe that are very well run, with sound transfer policies.

I just feel we need a balanced view and as much as we should (rightly) praise recruitment for players like Ndidi, Justin, Perreira, Soyuncu, Vardy, Mahrez etc, we also need to acknowledge that we are making expensive mistakes as well.
I'm not expecting us to get every transfer right, that is impossible.

You say we've managed Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal well - How do you know? To me it seems like they've been chucked out at any cost.

We let Silva go for nothing, spending £22-25m (salary not included) for less than 15 underwhelming appearances over two years. The worst part wasn't the debacle when signing him, it's that he was nowhere near the standard we needed. Sporting effectively had our pants down for the second time in two years.
Slimani at least gave us a few decent games, but again, we grossly overpaid.

In brief, it seems we're far better at bringing in young talent and developing them. Besides Pereira and Evans, we really haven't made a good experienced player transfer since ... Fuchs?

• Like 1

Guest LonnieDon
3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He is, he also falls over like a nice bloke.

😊😊😊

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I like to see the best in our players, and I don't like blaming individuals much either. However, after 2 full seasons I absolutely concede that Perez does not contribute enough. I hope that sufficient talent is bought that means he will play a more peripheral role from now on unless he ups his game. 

The frightening thing is that Rodgers seemingly had come to that conclusion to at the start of this season and Ünder once he had got fit looked destined to be an upgrade and then Perez wormed his way back in and yet he brought absolutely nothing to the table bar a handball vs Chelsea that helped us win the FA Cup.

I'll forever be grateful for him for that bit he can go now and dine out on that.