Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

27 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Hamza's agent will be demanding 10 grand a week more from Newcastle or he will be going nowhere. Contracted till 2023 and anything could happen in the meantime.

I doubt that, I think he wants out and wants regular football. Sitting here for another 2 years will mean he's almost 26 before he starts getting regular first team football at another club, that won't do his career any favours.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Number 7 is still free lads. Although, think Barnes deserves it. 

Daka has chosen 20 for the majority of his career.   His first season with RBS was 40 something, but other than that it appears he played with 20 on his back.  To say to Hamza 'Hello squire we are taking number 20 off you and flogging you as soon as possible' is not very Leicester.

We all know Ashley is a tight bastard and I'm guessing for 1st team prem action that that's where he'd go.

The spanner in the works would be if he wanted to go to Palace after 10 of their squad left this summer that they've got to replace. They must be bogged down with time consuming paperwork no doubt for all the other incomings they need. 

On 28/06/2021 at 16:39, UHDrive said:

We all know Ashley is a tight bastard and I'm guessing for 1st team prem action that that's where he'd go.

The spanner in the works would be if he wanted to go to Palace after 10 of their squad left this summer that they've got to replace. They must be bogged down with time consuming paperwork no doubt for all the other incomings they need. 

I think Palace suits him way better than Newcastle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think Palace suits him way better than Newcastle.

Location wise yep! With all their expenditure though It makes you wonder how much salaries they can give out after all of the new incomings.

On 02/07/2021 at 15:44, Spudulike said:

Bit sad to see one of our own go to be honest but no point sticking around now Soumaré has signed. 

Always hope that home grown players make it and shine for us but, whilst undoubtedly talented with the latest crop of recruits just cannot see him getting much pitch time next season. Most likely would have left January except for our injury crisis so can see him pushing for a move. 

Still, a local lad with an fa cup winners medal so he will hopefully move on with good memories. Wish him well if he does go and hope he fulfills some of his early promise.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle still interested, wouldn’t be surprised if they try for a loan again 

“Midfield is an area Bruce has been looking to overhaul for 18 months and Newcastle retain a strong interest in Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury. Having failed to sign the player on loan in January, Newcastle have continued contact with Leicester and sources in the East Midlands suggest a deal for the 23-year-old could potentially be resurrected.”

https://theathletic.com/2708532/2021/07/15/newcastle-transfers-optimism-over-willock-deal-dubravka-worry-hayden-uncertainty-and-centre-half-sought/?source=user_shared_article

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Newcastle still interested, wouldn’t be surprised if they try for a loan again 

“Midfield is an area Bruce has been looking to overhaul for 18 months and Newcastle retain a strong interest in Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury. Having failed to sign the player on loan in January, Newcastle have continued contact with Leicester and sources in the East Midlands suggest a deal for the 23-year-old could potentially be resurrected.”

https://theathletic.com/2708532/2021/07/15/newcastle-transfers-optimism-over-willock-deal-dubravka-worry-hayden-uncertainty-and-centre-half-sought/?source=user_shared_article

Imagine they will want a season long loan. Not the worst option for us really, as he is a local lad and at 23, could come back after a season and be much improved. 

Think it's definitely time for Hamza to move on, I'd even put KDH ahead of him at this time and we have at least 1 too many centre midfielders in the squad at the moment.
Either Palace or Newcastle would be a good move for him, I can't help but feel the Premier League isn't his level but really hope he proves me wrong.

4 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Think it's definitely time for Hamza to move on, I'd even put KDH ahead of him at this time and we have at least 1 too many centre midfielders in the squad at the moment.
Either Palace or Newcastle would be a good move for him, I can't help but feel the Premier League isn't his level but really hope he proves me wrong.

I still think he would be good in a bottom half prem team where his technical skills aren’t too important and he just mainly needs to press and tackle - can’t really fault him for how much he runs about when he plays, just needs to fine tune his tackling a bit haha

Edited by moore_94

• 2 weeks later...

In todays Mail. 

Leicester say there has been interest in Hamza Choudhury from Newcastle United but the North East club are struggling to match his valuation. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

In todays Mail. 

Leicester say there has been interest in Hamza Choudhury from Newcastle United but the North East club are struggling to match his valuation. 

I can see it being a loan to Newcastle towards the end of the transfer window