Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

Hamza is pushing for a loan move to Newcastle

Newcastle target Hamza Choudhury wants loan move from Leicester

HAMZA CHOUDHURY is ready to push for a loan move to Newcastle United in order to increase his chances of playing regular first-team football next season.

The Magpies’ summer transfer business remains on hold as they wait for a decision over the future of Joe Willock, with the Arsenal midfielder having being omitted from the Gunners’ 20-man squad for Saturday’s friendly win over Millwall.

With only two domestic loans permitted at any one time, Newcastle’s recruitment team are waiting to learn whether Arsenal are willing to agree to a season-long loan for Willock, who spent the second half of last season at St James’ Park.

If, as still looks likely, the England Under-21 international returns to Tyneside, Steve Bruce will have to decide what position to prioritise for his other loan addition.

Even if Willock rejoins, Newcastle’s midfield options look limited, so there is a chance Bruce could pursue another loan midfielder, with Choudhury likely to figure prominently on his list.

The Leicester City playmaker was a loan target last January, only for Brendan Rodgers to block a move away from the King Power, but Choudhury found himself kicking his heels in the second half of last season as he failed to hold down a place in Leicester’s first team.

His prospects of featuring in Rodgers’ preferred line-up next season are no brighter, with sources claiming he has instructed his representatives to push for a temporary move away from the Foxes.

Newcastle officials are understood to be aware of his position, and are ready to discuss his position with the Leicester hierarchy once they know where they stand with Willock.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19467639.newcastle-target-hamza-choudhury-wants-loan-move-leicester/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by moore_94

Would be best move for us if he went on loan. He doesn't really hold much value at the moment but a good season on loan and he could be worth a lot more than he currently is.

Young and English in a position everyone wants depth in.

• Like 3

Just now, AKCJ said:

Would be best move for us if he went on loan. He doesn't really hold much value at the moment but a good season on loan and he could be worth a lot more than he currently is.

Young and English in a position everyone wants depth in.

Neither of the clubs he has been linked with previously (Newcastle and Southampton) have any money to spend either - best we can probably hope for is a loan with a couple million loan fee and his wages paid

Thinking about this more, I wonder if there is any interest in Mendy - isn't Lemina off to Nice for as much as £8m for example?

Yes Mendy is the better player, but Hamza won't be going to AFCON, fills a 'free' slot in the squad as a club-trained player, and seems good for morale especially with Fofana.

If we need the cash and could get it for Mendy, it's not as obvious a deal as it looks to loan Hamza

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hamza is pushing for a loan move to Newcastle

Newcastle target Hamza Choudhury wants loan move from Leicester

HAMZA CHOUDHURY is ready to push for a loan move to Newcastle United in order to increase his chances of playing regular first-team football next season.

The Magpies’ summer transfer business remains on hold as they wait for a decision over the future of Joe Willock, with the Arsenal midfielder having being omitted from the Gunners’ 20-man squad for Saturday’s friendly win over Millwall.

With only two domestic loans permitted at any one time, Newcastle’s recruitment team are waiting to learn whether Arsenal are willing to agree to a season-long loan for Willock, who spent the second half of last season at St James’ Park.

If, as still looks likely, the England Under-21 international returns to Tyneside, Steve Bruce will have to decide what position to prioritise for his other loan addition.

Even if Willock rejoins, Newcastle’s midfield options look limited, so there is a chance Bruce could pursue another loan midfielder, with Choudhury likely to figure prominently on his list.

The Leicester City playmaker was a loan target last January, only for Brendan Rodgers to block a move away from the King Power, but Choudhury found himself kicking his heels in the second half of last season as he failed to hold down a place in Leicester’s first team.

His prospects of featuring in Rodgers’ preferred line-up next season are no brighter, with sources claiming he has instructed his representatives to push for a temporary move away from the Foxes.

Newcastle officials are understood to be aware of his position, and are ready to discuss his position with the Leicester hierarchy once they know where they stand with Willock.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19467639.newcastle-target-hamza-choudhury-wants-loan-move-leicester/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure I'd trust any article that refers to Hamza as a 'playmaker'

41 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

We must get rid of Choudhury at all costs. His errors in the last 2 seasons have arguably cost us CL football. He’s simply not good enough. Get rid.

Think that's a bit harsh. There are others who have not performed well in the run in and whilst I agree Choudhury needs to be moved on, I don't think he is the reason why we haven't achieved CL football.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

We must get rid of Choudhury at all costs. His errors in the last 2 seasons have arguably cost us CL football. He’s simply not good enough. Get rid.

not forgiven him for the dodgy backpass on the last day against Manchester United that led to their goal.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

not forgiven him for the dodgy backpass on the last day against Manchester United that led to their goal.

But have you forgiven Schmeichal for punching the ball into his own net on the last day against Spurs, yet?

52 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I’d go further - I’d say he should be horsewhipped and shot!

In all seriousness I don’t believe he’s quite good enough for us, but I’m not sure we can put our CL qualification meltdowns down to him. 

21 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But have you forgiven Schmeichal for punching the ball into his own net on the last day against Spurs, yet?

I'd forgive Kasper for shitting on my bed. In fact i'd apologise to him for not putting the toilet there in the first place.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'd forgive Kasper for shitting on my bed. In fact i'd apologise to him for not putting the toilet there in the first place.

Tweet'd that to Kasper for you, figured it gets around the restraining order 

You're welcome  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Blimey has Hamza's dog laid a turd on your front lawn?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Kasper has a lot of credit in the bank to be fair.

My point is that it is ridiculous to lay the blame on one player for us not achieving a CL place. Collectively we underperformed in the last 2 run ins add this to the horrendous injury problems to key players. No single player should take the blame.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

My point is that it is ridiculous to lay the blame on one player for us not achieving a CL place. Collectively we underperformed in the last 2 run ins add this to the horrendous injury problems to key players. No single player should take the blame.

I agree, but people do.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Think that's a bit harsh. There are others who have not performed well in the run in and whilst I agree Choudhury needs to be moved on, I don't think he is the reason why we haven't achieved CL football.

His back pass vs Man United in the decider 2 seasons ago and his howler vs Burnley last season. The vital points that we needed. The man cannot be trusted. He’s a walking disaster. A centre midfielder that cannot pass or control a football. That spends half the time fouling opposition after giving the ball away. If he wasn’t quick and didn’t run around like a headless chicken he would be playing on Victoria Park on Sunday mornings.

• Like 1