Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

6 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

A centre midfielder that cannot pass or control a football.

comes down to this for me. We shoudn't have midfield players who can't recieve and pass the ball in one movement. He should be called Two Touch Choudhury.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

‘ the leicester city playmaker’

Now that’s just setting him up to fail isn’t it…

What are you talking about, Hamza is a chance creating machine... for the opposition.

• Haha 2

He's seems a decent kid but has shown too much attitude at times. His ball control for me is his biggest weakness together with his positioning play by getting drawn out of position.

He isn't a player for the level that we are at as a premier league side, but that said, I'm sure he'll have a good career either at mid-low PL level or championship.

I'll be shocked to see Hamza make a career for himself in the Premier league. He'd probably be a decent regular for a mid table champ team. Biggest asset is his pace and engine, the rest is pretty much league one standard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He's seems a decent kid but has shown too much attitude at times. His ball control for me is his biggest weakness together with his positioning play by getting drawn out of position.

He isn't a player for the level that we are at as a premier league side, but that said, I'm sure he'll have a good career either at mid-low PL level or championship.

If we loan him out to Newcastle and pay half his wages , it would cost us about 1.5 million but if he performs well and gets a lot of game time , he becomes much more valuable and remains our player . We then have arguably a player we can integrate back into the squad or have a much better chance of selling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we loan him out to Newcastle and pay half his wages , it would cost us about 1.5 million but if he performs well and gets a lot of game time , he becomes much more valuable and remains our player . We then have arguably a player we can integrate back into the squad or have a much better chance of selling.

I don't see the logic in that. We know Hamzas pros and cons already and he can never develop into the type of DM we require I.e. Ndidi etc.

He is better off the books and he also wants out of the club anyway for first team action regularly.

Edited by UHDrive

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Apart from he is crap and won’t last in Newcastle’s team

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Apart from he is crap and won’t last in Newcastle’s team

In which case he stays with us for the next two years. If Steve Bruce read this forum he would think Hamza is totally hopeless. He isn't and Bruce knows it.

49 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I like hamza but he doesn’t really suit us. When he drops in besides our centre halves on the edge of our box to receive the ball it gives me serious heart palpitations 

He is just a bit below the standards of the club currently, if we were of our traditional standings in this league he would most likely be a useful asset but we are where we are.

I like the kid but it’s best for both parties if he plys his trade somewhere else now.

On 26/07/2021 at 10:17, North Leeds Fox said:

Might be tougher to shift hamza to Newcastle on loan now they are after tuanzebe on loan. They can only have 2 pl loans and presumably willock will head back up there too. 

For me we would be much better off to sell him this Summer & re-invest any monies received. It's not like he is going to improve drastically while on loan & return to make the team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

For me we would be much better off to sell him this Summer & re-invest any monies received. It's not like he is going to improve drastically while on loan & return to make the team.

I agree with all of that, just not sure that Newcastle have much money to spend and would only be able to afford a small fee or a loan 

Hamza's biggest weakness unfortunately, is not his skill which is pretty good , but a quick brain. This is vital at PL level given you have so little time to think. He does appear to be as hard as nails however and has a great engine. He would be a very good player at championship level. The problem as always is pay and we pay him very well.

5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I agree with all of that, just not sure that Newcastle have much money to spend and would only be able to afford a small fee or a loan 

There must be other clubs besides Newcastle that are interested. Maybe Crystal Palace ??

53 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

He needs to play. Due to current circumstances he won’t get that regular game time here. 

It’s credit to him that he wants to play rather than taking an easy option of sitting on the bench. 

I'd take the money. I'm assuming he has bigger ambitions. My ambition, however, actually is to sit on a bench all day, do little work and get paid well. It's my life's goal. And Hamza is throwing it away.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

He needs to play. Due to current circumstances he won’t get that regular game time here. 

It’s credit to him that he wants to play rather than taking an easy option of sitting on the bench. 

....his career is passing him by...he sees Barnes, now a mainstay and Thomas looking to nail down a starting position!!!

It cannot be easy to become the forgotten man, to go into training, and there is little you can do to change the situation. Rodgers I suspect believes he has limited talents and trust him to complete certain tasks at the end of games.

Maybe leaving the club and getting an identity will be the one thing he needs to fulfil his potential. Perhaps he is looking at his game all wrong, and tries everyday to improve, but there maybe another approach where he learns to trust his instincts as opposed to working harder at what he is currently doing.

Is there a player out there who he could model his game on, someone whose game is closely aligned to his natural game, where he just keeps the game ticking over in the middle of the park lime a metronome. Use his speed for recovery, stay on his feet, buy time for support and do not commit yourself in a tackle if there is no support behind you.

What ever he has learned in these last few years, most of it has not been helpful, as initially he was being asked to play in a role that does not suit him. KDH went and found himself, I hope Hamza can do the same.

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

There must be other clubs besides Newcastle that are interested. Maybe Crystal Palace ??

Why must there?  Hamza is pretty much a one-note player with very limited creativity.  He’s the kind of guy that would be a squad player if he was homegrown for a lot of mid and lower-table sides, but it’s not like PL clubs go chasing guys like that in the transfer window.

33 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Why must there?  Hamza is pretty much a one-note player with very limited creativity.  He’s the kind of guy that would be a squad player if he was homegrown for a lot of mid and lower-table sides, but it’s not like PL clubs go chasing guys like that in the transfer window.

If the price is right, there will be interest.