Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’d actually send him on loan and see how  a full season changes him. It did wonders for Barnes at West Brom.

Im not ready to give up on him just yet.

24 in October and made his debut nearly 4 years a go, the Barnes comparison is a poor one as he has always been on an upward trajectory.

I'm not a fan of holding onto players "just in case they improve" when we have seen enough evidence. We have top quality in Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare keeping him out and we have KDH who has more elasticity in his potential ceiling. If we can get a reasonable fee for someone who is nothing but deep squad depth and hasn't really kicked on in the last couple of years then take it. We now have a big squad of quality players and need to trim it down.

Any player who doesn't get in the 18 automatically or is young with a high ceiling has to be sold if we get a fair offer.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

24 in October and made his debut nearly 4 years a go, the Barnes comparison is a poor one as he has always been on an upward trajectory.

I'm not a fan of holding onto players "just in case they improve" when we have seen enough evidence. We have top quality in Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare keeping him out and we have KDH who has more elasticity in his potential ceiling. If we can get a reasonable fee for someone who is nothing but deep squad depth and hasn't really kicked on in the last couple of years then take it. We now have a big squad of quality players and need to trim it down.

Any player who doesn't get in the 18 automatically or is young with a high ceiling has to be sold if we get a fair offer.

As I keep saying ,ad nauseum , it is not about the fee , its finding a club that will match what we pay him. He will not move for less money.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

As I keep saying ,ad nauseum , it is not about the fee , its finding a club that will match what we pay him. He will not move for less money.

I've not mentioned his salary. 

He last signed a contract in August 2019 after making 17 appearances over the last two seasons, his contract won't be that big and certainly not the £60k a week you claim.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Prem clubs aren’t going to have an issue paying the wages he would probably want.

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

isn’t KDH 24?

Full season at  Luton last year seems to have done him the world of good. He’s been here a while too.

EDIT:

kdh is 22 I think so that might nullify my point a bit..

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

isn’t KDH 24?

Full season at  Luton last year seems to have done him the world of good. He’s been here a while too.

He's 23 in September but the main difference between Choudhury and KDH apart from the one year in age is Choudhury has levelled out ability wise whereas KDH could still be anything as he is on an upward trajectory. They could end up being similar in levels in three years time but Luton fans raved about KDH last season and thought he'd play for England. KDH is worth persevering with for at least a season to see if he can hold his own against our other three top class CM's in Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare.

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Prem clubs aren’t going to have an issue paying the wages he would probably want.

I think his real level is championship and they will get nowhere near his salary demands. A loan is is the most achievable outcome. Yet all we have heard is a tentative link with Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think his real level is championship and they will get nowhere near his salary demands. A loan is is the most achievable outcome. Yet all we have heard is a tentative link with Newcastle.

Newcastle have a long outstanding interest in Hamza, with their interest being reported for quite a while, a lot more than just that tweet about a possible bid

Whether on loan or a buy, there is expected to be some attempt by Newcastle to get him, at least it would get his wages off the books for a year and probably some kind of loan fee.

£10m is easily doubled/trebled following a successful season.

He's a young English combative midfielder. There are **** all of them.

Ben White has just gone to Brighton for £50m and he's a week younger than Hamza following a single decent Premier League season.

Send him out of loan and see how he gets on. He'd still be worth 7/8m if he doesn't shine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ben White has just gone to Brighton for £50m and he's a week younger than Hamza following a single decent Premier League season.

Send him out of loan and see how he gets on. He'd still be worth 7/8m if he doesn't shine.

Aye but you'd have to be brain dead or have the most blue-tinted glasses to think that a season loan is gonna end up making him look more valuable

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I remember you saying the same thing about Amartey being worth £15m, we'd be lucky to get £3m now.

Choudhury has been in and around the first team for four years now and approaching his mid 20's and hasn't kicked on as a player. He offers little offensively and can't be trusted to play the CDM role. There are things I like about his game with his tenacity, speed and athleticism but I've also seen enough that I wouldn't be turning down a £10m offer for a player who hasn't progressed and has has two years left on his contract.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It still shocks me that people thank Hamza is on 60k a week lol

Shocks me that people think he isn't....

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I remember you saying the same thing about Amartey being worth £15m, we'd be lucky to get £3m now.

Choudhury has been in and around the first team for four years now and approaching his mid 20's and hasn't kicked on as a player. He offers little offensively and can't be trusted to play the CDM role. There are things I like about his game with his tenacity, speed and athleticism but I've also seen enough that I wouldn't be turning down a £10m offer for a player who hasn't progressed and has has two years left on his contract.

If Amartey is given consistent game time for a Premier League club, they'd want £15m. He's had spells in our side where he's done genuinely well. I especially thought he was good when playing as a 3rd CB in a back 3 for us.

Loan them out and see how they get on. They've both done reasonably well when given the odd chance here and there and I imagine they'd both love to go and prove their worth. At the end of the day, Hamza is a youth product and Amartey cost pretty much pennies. They've got potential to bring in 30m between them fairly easily i'd have thought.

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Aye but you'd have to be brain dead or have the most blue-tinted glasses to think that a season loan is gonna end up making him look more valuable

Brain dead? Really? It's 10m mate. I think even a reasonable season would see his value exceed that.

• Like 1