Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Definitely fits the profile and requirement of what we need at the moment...

Can play upfront / as a number 10 as well, certainly would cover a few of the positions we need depth for

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with Noni Madueke at PSV, 19 year old left footed right winger with 9 goals and 8 assists in 29 appearances (just 10 starts)

Seems like AC Milan are the new Everton/West Ham, Rodgers wanted him at Celtic

Certainly seems like our kind of signing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9512853/Leicester-join-AC-Milan-RB-Leipzig-race-sign-15m-rated-England-u21-winger-Noni-Madueke.html

Leicester join AC Milan and RB Leipzig in race to sign £15m-rated Noni Madueke as England Under-21 winger attracts attention after shining for PSV

Leicester are among the clubs eyeing Noni Madueke as they plot a move to bring the PSV starlet back to England.

Leicester have made an enquiry for the exciting England under-21 winger who is valued at around £15m.

And Madueke is set to be at the centre of a battle for his signature this summer with AC Milan, RB Leipzig and Lille also joining the race to sign the 19 year-old.

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers is a long-term of admirer of former Tottenham youngster Madueke.

Celtic wanted to sign Madueke during Rodgers’ time at the club but the youngster opted to move for Holland.

Madueke’s move, aged 16 and in search of a clearer pathway to senior football than was available at Spurs, has paid off.

He progressed quickly through PSV’s youth setup, made his debut aged 17 the following season and has become a regular in the first-team setup.

Madueke has been one of Europe’s most effective English attacking players this season, maximising his game time to score nine times and set up eight more goals in 29 appearances.

Only 10 of those appearances have been starts, underlining Madueke’s ability to impact matches.

PSV are hoping to retain Madueke, whose current deal runs until 2024, for one more season.

They believe his value could sky rocket if he gets another year in Holland under his belt.

But PSV are braced for bids knowing the main contenders to land Madueke are all on course to be able to offer guaranteed Champions League group stage football next season.

Meanwhile, Ajax are on the verge of winning the Dutch league and the best second-placed PSV can secure is a place in the Champions League qualifiers, providing they hang onto the runners-up spot.

Wouldn't surprise me, he's thst aloof left footed right winger who is capable of playing centrally that Rodgers seems set on bringing in and rightly so. Him and Sowah as impact men could be very useful next season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't surprise me, he's thst aloof left footed right winger who is capable of playing centrally that Rodgers seems set on bringing in and rightly so. Him and Sowah as impact men could be very useful next season.

This is exactly what we need if possible. A winger, striker or attacking mid who is capable of playing one of the others positions equally well. Ideally it's a winger/striker and he fits that mould nicely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Sort of player you would want as first reserve to Barnes-Maddison-Trinicao three.

Young with loads of talent and potential and can fill in a few positions. He would get plenty of game time here.

6 foot, quick, can hold the ball up well and plays regularly upfront for PSV so could even be the player we need for depth upfront

Madueke and Trincao would be brilliant strength and depth additions to the squad

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

This is exactly what we need if possible. A winger, striker or attacking mid who is capable of playing one of the others positions equally well. Ideally it's a winger/striker and he fits that mould nicely.

With someone like him, Sowah and KDH in the squad next season it gives us that left footed slide rule through ball that we only have Iheanacho to turn and play at the minute. Brings a different and handy dimension to the squad.

Just now, moore_94 said:

6 foot, quick, can hold the ball up well and plays regularly upfront for PSV so could even be the player we need for depth upfront

Madueke and Trincao would be brilliant strength and depth additions to the squad

PSV have a superb array of attackers, Ihatteren is another like Madueke who I'd love, his contract is up next season too so could be gettable.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes please, English too

Noni Madueke - Player profile 20/21 | Transfermarkt

Looks like what we thought Diabate would be. Yes please.

This would be an unreal window:

Tagliafico

Eduoard

Soumare

Trincao

Madueke

Bring back KDH and keep Luke about until Jan when we loan him out and welcome back JJ fully. 

Sell: Perez, Choudhury and send Under back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

Tagliafico

Eduoard

Soumare

Trincao

Madueke

Bring back KDH and keep Luke about until Jan when we loan him out and welcome back JJ fully. 

With Madueke, wouldn’t necessarily need to sign a striker this summer

Tagliafico - £15m

Soumare - £25m

Trincao - Loan with future obligation

Madueke - £15m

Total £55m spend (£75-80m with Edouard)

Edited by moore_94

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes please, English too

Noni Madueke - Player profile 20/21 | Transfermarkt

Two birds with one stone. Been waiting for this guy and his skill set since Rodgers arrived. All the endless talk about strikers and wingers. Why have one when you can have both. Comes at a perfect time as well with a skill set allowing us to play 4 3 3 and being able to stretch Vardy's career as well as competition for Iheanacho. And It looks like he has finishing ability and the physicality to defend. 15 mil is nothing with now being the perfect time to bed him into the squad. Seems like a no brainer......but never is.

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

Tagliafico

Eduoard

Soumare

Trincao

Madueke

No change out of 100 million with that, need to win some Euro millions.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly the type of player we'd sign, and would be a perfect move for the player too. Could definitely see this one happening, though I expect we will try to get Trincao again too. Leicester are notorious for tracking players for several years and offering Barcelona 45m (which would be our record signing) is pretty telling. That we only signed Under on loan also suggests to me we were prepared to wait to get our man.

Still at his age he would be a good depth signing even if we signed another wide player, plus he's young enough to have big potential. The player himself deserves respect for going abroad as a youngster to get first team football instead of wasting away in reserve team football.

....is that sentiment also reserved for Tavares!!!

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He wouldn't count as part of the 25 man squad because of his age would he? Perfect and exactly who we should be aiming for, a couple of youngsters who can play 2 or 3 positions, with the potential to get better, that will get plenty of gametime.

Unfortunately not, would be classed as a foreign player

But still as you mentioned as he can play in multiple positions he would be the perfect kind of player for us to get

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....is that sentiment also reserved for Tavares!!!

IMO it would be. But I imagine that if he stays here he will be sent out on loan like Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury were, all of whom made it into the first team. Dewsbury-Hall may well be following in those footsteps next season too. 

If he leaves to play first team football, I personally wouldn't begrudge him the move.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Unfortunately not, would be classed as a foreign player

But still as you mentioned as he can play in multiple positions he would be the perfect kind of player for us to get

I'm probably getting my quotas mixed up or something. I thought Fofana didn't count as part of the 25 man squad because he was U21?

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm probably getting my quotas mixed up or something. I thought Fofana didn't count as part of the 25 man squad because he was U21?

Ah yeah for the Premier League squad he would be able to be classed as U21 like Fofana

But for Europe, even though he is English, he would have to be registered as foreign like Fofana

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO it would be. But I imagine that if he stays here he will be sent out on loan like Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury were, all of whom made it into the first team. Dewsbury-Hall may well be following in those footsteps next season too. 

If he leaves to play first team football, I personally wouldn't begrudge him the move.

.....perhaps like a lot of people, you fail to understand that he does not want to go to Championship teams and wishes to play at a higher level on a weekly basis!!!

Going to Germany, France or Spain to improve his career, having seen Sancho and others progress, you can see the attraction.

• Sad 1