Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

Sorry guys, this was doing the rounds a couple days ago:

Schmidt on Madueke and interest from the PL: "You could sell him.  But if you sell him in 2 years, you might get much more for him.  He feels so good now in the starting 11 and this team." In short, he thinks it better that he stays a while.

Seems his manager's planning on holding for a season unless they get a big fee which presumably means even if we were keeping tabs (which was never even confirmed afaik) it's off the table now.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Seems his manager's planning on holding for a season unless they get a big fee which presumably means even if we were keeping tabs (which was never even confirmed afaik) it's off the table now.

depending on the quality of the translation and the nuance this seems a relatively mild rebuke to would be buyers. Certainly compared to Puel's fierce determination to hold on to Wes until the Foxes came calling with many pound notes 

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was thinking about this and with FFP relaxed for this year, actually I'd argue that pushing the costs down the road is less advantageous. Take this hit whilst we can (subject to the owners and directors financing arrangements of this).

Couldn't agree more. The danger is he becomes too expensive and/or out of reach in a season. Would love Madueke to sign, frightening how good he could be in a couple of years and I reckon he'd make a sizeable contribution right away.

• Like 1

The guy will pay for himself within a few seasons by the looks of it, looks a real talent. We're crying out for a right winger, if we can afford it and FFP is relaxed this season then I think we should be all over it. Based on the fact he seems to be highly touted, I imagine if we did have interest in doing business, we'd want to do it quickly and quietly if the player was interested.

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

depending on the quality of the translation and the nuance this seems a relatively mild rebuke to would be buyers. Certainly compared to Puel's fierce determination to hold on to Wes until the Foxes came calling with many pound notes 

It's partly my own translation, partly taken from the reddit post I initially saw it on.  The "he feels so good" bit is more along the lines of "he's happy at this club" if my Dutch isn't betraying me.  And again, there's not serious news of us being in for him and there's no conflicting report from the Directors saying they want to sell despite the manager's views.  I'd love to see him in a City shirt but it's not healthy to do this to yourself.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

From the players point of view staying does make sense. If he keep up his promise, he will be moving straight to a top top club. Would love him here, but can’t see it.

Edited by FoxesWalk

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The guy will pay for himself within a few seasons by the looks of it, looks a real talent. We're crying out for a right winger, if we can afford it and FFP is relaxed this season then I think we should be all over it. Based on the fact he seems to be highly touted, I imagine if we did have interest in doing business, we'd want to do it quickly and quietly if the player was interested.

... I  still believe we are waiting for Berardi and until that is resolved if it is no then we will look elsewhere!!!

Trincao went to Wolves, we chased him for a long time, we can't do the same again, Pereira went somewhere else and opportunities like this should not pass us by.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I  still believe we are waiting for Berardi and until that is resolved if it is no then we will look elsewhere!!!

Trincao went to Wolves, we chased him for a long time, we can't do the same again, Pereira went somewhere else and opportunities like this should not pass us by.

Any chance of Berardi is probably now over, Locatelli looks very likely to be heading to Juve and I doubt they would want to sell both and this late into the window / this close to the start of the season

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was thinking about this and with FFP relaxed for this year, actually I'd argue that pushing the costs down the road is less advantageous. Take this hit whilst we can (subject to the owners and directors financing arrangements of this).

From an accounting perspective (so for FFP) an obligation to buy would go into this season’s accounts anyway as there isn’t a way to back out of it. You’d do an obligation if you want to kick the can from a cash perspective, or it’s a way to get a 6 year amortisation possibly. But do have to remember that you carry the amortisation through other seasons even if FFP has been relaxed for now.

Edited by Kopfkino

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

From an accounting perspective (so for FFP) an obligation to buy would go into this season’s accounts anyway as there isn’t a way to back out of it. You’d do an obligation if you want to kick the can from a cash perspective, or it’s a way to get a 6 year amortisation possibly. But do have to remember that you carry the amortisation through other seasons even if FFP has been relaxed for now.

Exactly what I was thinking 🤥

The thing for PSV is they only got €30m for Malen after he ripped it up for 2 seasons. They might get £40m for Madueke if he is exceptional for a season or so but PSV don't command what Ajax do for their top players.

I think if we really wanted him we could get him for £35-40m, which would be paying over the odds but getting him when we can almost guarantee he's about to explode.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing for PSV is they only got €30m for Malen after he ripped it up for 2 seasons. They might get £40m for Madueke if he is exceptional for a season or so but PSV don't command what Ajax do for their top players.

I think if we really wanted him we could get him for £35-40m, which would be paying over the odds but getting him when we can almost guarantee he's about to explode.

.. pretty much a win win.....and yet!!!

The Fofana injury has changed a lot of priorities but before the accident a Right Winger should have been our next move.

What we do not want to hear down the line, is that Rodgers left because he did not receive the financial support that he wanted. Money plays a big part in the relationship between club and manager and we cannot afford not to go above and beyond in this window, it will be unforgivable!!

• Like 1

If the owner is willing to put up the money, which I doubt when we need a CB.

I just can't see us finding 35m for him and 15m for a CB when we have sent 45m already.

We would need to sell some squad members, doesn't seem much interest in Hamza or Praet at the moment. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Sad 1

monty-python-explode.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

It would be like printing money. Said earlier in the thread you’d double your money in a year or two. So fits our modus perfectly. Add in to that he looks like exactly what we need and we’d be laughing. 

..it just goes to show how important it was to have ended in the top four!!!

On 09/08/2021 at 11:05, surrifox said:

there was no fierce determination to keep hold of him. They admitted it was basically all an act to see how much they could get out of us.

On 09/08/2021 at 19:47, Ric Flair said:

It goes back to the scouts/talent/youth/coaching that we drill our future stars to be.

A lot of people are against spending money but i don't get that at all. We've sold no A-Listers this year, we've added talent that again will be sold on in their prime for a lot of money. For the pain of £50-60mill for Madueke (or tarks over vestergaard) then I'd just buy them. We are flooded with talent now and I've no doubt that we'd recoup that and more next year and the year after.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1