Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure how you can cast the acquisition of Daka and Soumare as luxury players!!!

A long term injury to Vardy and we are left with Nacho on his own upfront. Our midfield has done extremely well to compete with just the two in there and we have struggled to compete in big games, because we have not had the numbers in there.

I see Soumare as a enforcer for Tielemans, we cannot afford for him to be pressed as that just shuts us down, So Soumare comes in and beefs up the middle and allows Youri to play.

Perhaps to some extent you are correct , in as much as Rodgers does not view the Right Wing as something that urgently needs to be fixed, you can always find a way to stifle that channel for the opposition and Albrighton and Perez will do that, it does not call for any kind of creativity.

As for the money situation, so long as we do not advertise we have a surplus of funds it helps us, in our negotiations.

If we're aiming for a top four finish we need be looking for creative RW starter, not settling for a player already on the books to "stifle the opposition". With signing of Vestergard and Daka this position becomes even more important. 

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

If we're aiming for a top four finish we need be looking for creative RW starter, not settling for a player already on the books to "stifle the opposition". With signing of Vestergard and Daka this position becomes even more important. 

Who said we're aiming for a top 4 finish?

They're fan's expectations, but we don't know that we're aiming for top 4.

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve never spent 40m on a player ever. This is a very simplistic take.

More likely the players that we're after are being touted at higher prices than we'll go to. As Rodgers has said countless times the players were after are in the 20-30m bracket.

If we had £30m to spend, I’m fairly sure we’d have signed a winger by now.

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

Who said we're aiming for a top 4 finish?

They're fan's expectations, but we don't know that we're aiming for top 4.

I don't think that anyone has "expectations" of a top 4 finish, but I'm pretty sure that most people involved with the club should be/are aiming for it bearing in mind we finished 5th on the last day of the past 2 seasons. Not sure what your point is as we're surely aiming to progress, ie top 4 finish and CL qualification. Unless of course you think our aim is to finish in the top half of the table or avoid relegation, but we already have the squad to do that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

I don't think that anyone has "expectations" of a top 4 finish, but I'm pretty sure that most people involved with the club should be/are aiming for it bearing in mind we finished 5th on the last day of the past 2 seasons. Not sure what your point is as we're surely aiming to progress, ie top 4 finish and CL qualification. Unless of course you think our aim is to finish in the top half of the table or avoid relegation, but we already have the squad to do that.

I think winning the EL is our best chance of attaining CL.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we had £30m to spend, I’m fairly sure we’d have signed a winger by now.

Weve had more than that to spend so again it has no relevance. More about players being available that'll improve us.

People have literally said all summer we have no money and we're definitely going to sell someone. If there's a player they think can improve us and is within the realms of possibility they'll sign him.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

33 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

You're probably right but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be aiming to finish in the top 4.

100%. I quite liked Ivan toneys comment about how they are targeting winning the league. 

You really should be aiming for that until it’s no longer realistic. That’s the winning mentality Rodgers was after 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

This is the pitfalls of us maximising our ability and effectiveness under Rodgers immediately for 2 and a half seasons. We've been unbelievable all things considered and yet it'll be extremely difficult for us to get top 4 this season and if we don't it's all about how will we perceive where we are heading. We aren't a team in transition, so anything outside the top 6 or 7 will have to be considered a regression but I do hope within reason that whatever we do this season if it isn't an improvement on thr last 2 that fans don't start thinking we could do better than Rodgers.

We are a winger, possibly another centre half and a root cause analysis of our persistent injuries away from being well equipped for another great season. Over to you Jon Rudkin.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Not sure if they want 40m some reports say it's between 30 to 34m, depends on what you read

Seems to be €40m, which is around £34m - think it is the media just not bothering to convert it

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

So £34m for a kid who has great potential or £30m for an Italian European winner who will have less resale value but wants to leave their current club. Berardi all day for me as he can make immediate impact rather than the inconsistency of a teenager.

Edited by Barwell Fox

19 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Do we even have that? Surely we would have to shift a couple of players to free up some cash, otherwise we would have signed him ages ago.

Or we have the cash but PSV are simply not prepared to entertain offers until they know if they have CL or not. Or we have made an offer and negotiations are ongoing behind closed doors. Or we are not interested in him. Just because we have not signed any given player we have been linked with does not mean we don’t have the the money.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's pretty relevant in a thread about a player that people think we're going to spend £35-£40m on. 

But if he was available for 30m we'd pay it. Fact is psv aren't entertaining offers yet.