Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

Seems to score in every game in plays in, he's only 19 and to think what he will be like in acouple of years time, probably worth over 100m. We should get him now before a club like Liverpool want him next year as a replacement for Salah or Chelsea want the next big thing.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

I really don't know why we're not moving heaven and earth to sign this lad. £30m is not even an outgoing, it's an investment. We'd double that in two seasons. 

Probably because we can’t afford him?

He looks like a great prospect though it must be said. Once again the scouting team know how to pick them. 

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Probably because we can’t afford him?

He looks like a great prospect though it must be said. Once again the scouting team know how to pick them. 

Hmm perhaps. I know we're not the type to go throwing cash about, but they seem to be able to find it when they know it's a good player who will be a good investment (i.e. Fofana). 

Will be a real shame if we miss out on him. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This lad will hit £70-£100 million in the next few years. We likely could have got him for £25-£30 at the start of the window. Shame, he’s going to be a very very good player. 

This isn't true (guess you mean £25-30 million as we would definitely have not got him for £25 to £30!). PSV made clear they had no interest in selling him, especially with Malen leaving for Dortmund, so were only willing to accept a 'high bid'. 

We have to sell to buy a player of Madueke's value, and that was the case even before his recent performances. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

This isn't true (guess you mean £25-30 million as we would definitely have not got him for £25 to £30!). PSV made clear they had no interest in selling him, especially with Malen leaving for Dortmund, so were only willing to accept a 'high bid'. 

We have to sell to buy a player of Madueke's value, and that was the case even before his recent performances. 

See above. We could have signed him easily if we were serious. And as I was talking in millions I would have thought £25-£30 would have been obviously in millions - apologies for not making that clear. 

Money talks. This is a buyers market. 

14 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Hmm perhaps. I know we're not the type to go throwing cash about, but they seem to be able to find it when they know it's a good player who will be a good investment (i.e. Fofana). 

Will be a real shame if we miss out on him. 

Rodgers has said this pre-season that the three positions we recruited for we prioritised, hence getting them in nice and early.

I don't think it's a case of not wanting a right winger, but more that it's a nice to have. So if the budget doesn't stretch we will address it next season instead. That might disappoint us, but remember that thus far we haven't lost any players, the first time that has happened since we won the title, which you could argue is like making a signing in itself. Keeping Tielemans is certainly a coup for us even if it doesn't feel that way.

We might well see a scenario where we loan someone this season and then buy Madeuke next summer. I don't think he would go to Man City, Man United or Chelsea, though Liverpool I could see happening. But that would leave us and probably Spurs fighting it out for his signature.

It must also be noted that PSV have sad they will only sell him for a crazy amount IE the same amount they just sold Malen for to Dortmund (30m Euro). In a post Covid economy I'm not sure we can justify that price for someone from the Dutch league. Fofana and Soumare played in Ligue 1, whose players usually do well in England by comparison.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

See above. We could have signed him easily if we were serious. And as I was talking in millions I would have thought £25-£30 would have been obviously in millions - apologies for not making that clear. 

Money talks. This is a buyers market. 

True, money does talk but we simply didn't have the budget to buy him as well as Soumare and Daka. 

We've made money in most recent transfer windows, yet our net spend in this window has been over 40 million. Add that to the financial issues caused by the pandemic and the ongoing investment in the club infrastructure, and you can see why we haven't signed him (yet). 

With villa closing down on Bailey, hammers looking like their hell bent on Perreira that just leaves this fine young man. If we're willing to take an educated punt on a winger Madueka is the one. His profile looks tailer made for us. He will only get better and better and like someone said earlier it will be a fine investment for us irregardless. C'mon Top make it happen please big man. Before anyone says it I haven't forgotten Evans is still bloody recovering which means we're gonna need cover and cannot depend on him anymore like we have done sadly.