Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

With villa closing down on Bailey, hammers looking like their hell bent on Perreira that just leaves this fine young man. If we're willing to take an educated punt on a winger Madueka is the one. His profile looks tailer made for us. He will only get better and better and like someone said earlier it will be a fine investment for us irregardless. C'mon Top make it happen please big man. Before anyone says it I haven't forgotten Evans is still bloody recovering which means we're gonna need cover and cannot depend on him anymore like we have done sadly. 

Can't afford what they want

4 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Some goal as well ffs

.....came back inside and shot across the keeper...!!!

Their are a lot of players who would have gone for the near post, always makes me scream, as in that position it is more natural to shoot across the keeper with bend on the ball, than go for power for the near post.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So many assumptions going on in here. Truth is, no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes, Everything is just baseless rumours at this stage in terms of our targets, budgets and even what players are actually available or want to join us. Madueke for example might have his sights set on higher than us and want another full season with PSV to get that big move. Discuss the potential of him as a signing etc but to say we have dropped the ball or are stupid for not pursuing this, is a stretch at this stage, especially with no real info to go on. 

I think you're absolutely right. 

I get the feeling something significant is going on. There's too much smoke. BR did say all of his main players were happy to stay and he wasn't losing them. All of which points to a spontaneous offer? Or nor selling players quick enough to release the funds for the 1/2 players we need.

17 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think you're absolutely right. 

I get the feeling something significant is going on. There's too much smoke. BR did say all of his main players were happy to stay and he wasn't losing them. All of which points to a spontaneous offer? Or nor selling players quick enough to release the funds for the 1/2 players we need.

....the problem with any statement from Rodgers is that they are usually not sound!!!

Something always comes up to contradict something he has said.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the problem with any statement from Rodgers is that they are usually not sound!!!

That's actually spot on with what he says in transfer windows! I'm not sure whether he does it on purpose or whether BR-Top just make it up as they go along...

Like playing poker you never show your hand. Nobody needs to know whats going on until the deal(s) is done.

Could cost us millions if we've sold a player and are trying to find replacements. Nothing worse than trying to strike a deal when everyone knows you have 80mil burning a hole in your pocket. Especially if we're after a specific player.

I want this lad here by any means possible. We are often told that we don't want to sell the players we sell and that we are more interested in building that dismantling which if so means we'd have to be shelling out much more in net spend than we have over the years, so the money must be there for the right players.

He is one of them. Pay them £35m up front with add ons and he's ours.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I want this lad here by any means possible. We are often told that we don't want to sell the players we sell and that we are more interested in building that dismantling which if so means we'd have to be shelling out much more in net spend than we have over the years, so the money must be there for the right players.

I agree. Don't think it's money though its squad size.

The player also strikes me as someone that is happy where he is.

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So many assumptions going on in here. Truth is, no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes, Everything is just baseless rumours at this stage in terms of our targets, budgets and even what players are actually available or want to join us. Madueke for example might have his sights set on higher than us and want another full season with PSV to get that big move. Discuss the potential of him as a signing etc but to say we have dropped the ball or are stupid for not pursuing this, is a stretch at this stage, especially with no real info to go on. 

100% agree. 

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

In fairness, you wouldn't want him as your doctor or physio when you want a prognosis 😁

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep. Get your book out top and just close your eyes and sign it…. To get us over the line we need to be a little braver when it comes that that ONE transfer. 

Get the tinker in. 

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah I can see that is a problem but 2-3 players have to go regardless as they aren't in the plans. Ghezzal will go, Hamza will on loan I'd have thought and the one I think we'll get £10-15m for is Praet. There's room for Madueke. If we have to get another CB then Amartey or Benkovic make way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I can see that is a problem but 2-3 players have to go regardless as they aren't in the plans. Ghezzal will go, Hamza will on loan I'd have thought and the one I think we'll get £10-15m for is Praet. There's room for Madueke. If we have to get another CB then Amartey or Benkovic make way.

Nelson didn’t play for the 23s last night but a couple who have been with the firsts most of pre season did. Reckon he maybe in first team plans whilst evans is out, could free up amartey to leave too?

We should be moving heaven and earth to get this fella in. It's right up our street. Spend the god damned money!

Do PSV need a forward that can't control the ball or actually do anything worth while other than take up space on the pitch? I'm sure we'd be open to a money + player offer.

Edited by filbertway

8 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Nelson didn’t play for the 23s last night but a couple who have been with the firsts most of pre season did. Reckon he maybe in first team plans whilst evans is out, could free up amartey to leave too?

Yeah I think he'll be used tonight. Frightening prospect. We've not had an academy player as advanced as he is at such a young age for a long while.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I think he'll be used tonight. Frightening prospect. We've not had an academy player as advanced as he is at such a young age for a long while.

He’s about 9 foot 23….. lads got the minerals. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we been actually link to him by a decent source? 

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Really? 

We have a lot of players but you find a way to move a few on, if you think you can grab a target like this. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Have we been actually link to him by a decent source? 

Really? 

We have a lot of players but you find a way to move a few on, if you think you can grab a target like this. 

There were some fairly decent links back in May.

Lots of ifs and buts around this now. Much simpler earlier in the window - and cheaper. 

Will take a big offer for PSV to sell. 

Would Noni now see us as the ideal destination?

Can we ship out the players required to free up the money needed. 

Is there enough time for everything to fall in to place for all parties?

Does Brendan think a RW is now more important than a backup CB?

Edited by ARM1968

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There were some fairly decent links back in May.

I'd love him here, but I just can't see it.

We were relentless with our pursuit of Fofana, I'd expect us to be the same with  Madueke if we wanted him and thought we could get him.

I just don't see PSV selling with CL and the Malen money, when a good season add another 10-20m to Madueke price.  

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Lots of ifs and buts around this now. Much simpler earlier in the window - and cheaper. 

Will take a big offer for PSV to sell. 

Would Noni now see us as the ideal destination?

Can we ship out the players required to free up the money needed. 

Is there enough time for everything to fall in to place for all parties?

Does Brendan think a RW is now more important than a backup CB?

I think we know the answer to that one! 

And for the avoidance of doubt, it’s a resounding ‘yes’.