Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

3 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Subbed in the CL match against Celtic's Danish conquerors (can't spell it!) after 60 mins. Obviously they're making sure he won't be INJURED, which would scupper his move to the KP!

Or perhaps he just wasn't at the races tonight. He's young and his form (last season) can often be inconsistent.

Edited by NaijaFox

17 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

Or maybe getting a full season of stadium revenue and all the TV money would help, it was 85% the year before 

Yep, also we’ve three or four off the wage bill and likely a few more to follow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, so we buy Madueke for 40m, he looks great, then he breaks his leg and it’s career ending, then what? We cannot afford to be that naive, it’s not football manager. I mean sure, it sounds great when it’s not your own money. lol

....it is the same for every player!!!

Unlike The big boys we have to assess and take a chance that our knowledge and intuition will lead to a player we can develop to fulfill a role and become an asset. 

The big boys do not have to , they just declare they are interested and put their money on the table.

Sancho could pick up a career ending injury after 10 minutes, does that mean it was wrong to acquire his services.

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is the same for every player!!!

Unlike The big boys we have to assess and take a chance that our knowledge and intuition will lead to a player we can develop to fulfill a role and become an asset. 

The big boys do not have to , they just declare they are interested and put their money on the table.

Sancho could pick up a career ending injury after 10 minutes, does that mean it was wrong to acquire his services.

69B929E7-4A04-4A5E-8AA2-9EFC85FA9144.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Reputably?  By who?

English papers (fair one on whether that's reputable 😂), ESPN and a few twitter transfer folk. Madueke even responded directly to the links back in May and that he was flattered. We've evidently parked this interest though as finances is an obstacle.

Madueke can afford to wait a year or two at his age, if he can make the progress he seems capable of , his agent will get him a 7million a year contract. Not bad for a 21 y.o. although way behind Sancho. Would we offer him that? No we wouldn't .

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

English papers (fair one on whether that's reputable 😂), ESPN and a few twitter transfer folk. Madueke even responded directly to the links back in May and that he was flattered. We've evidently parked this interest though as finances is an obstacle.

Yep, he's too expensive. Malen's move to Dortmund meant this deal was a near impossibility, with PSV making clear they want to keep him for at least one more season and then cash in. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, he's too expensive. Malen's move to Dortmund meant this deal was a near impossibility, with PSV making clear they want to keep him for at least one more season and then cash in. 

I'm at the stage where I'd be happy to take Ihatteran off them instead. He's possibly a car crash waiting to happen as he's nuts but he's also a genius.

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, so we buy Madueke for 40m, he looks great, then he breaks his leg and it’s career ending, then what? We cannot afford to be that naive, it’s not football manager. I mean sure, it sounds great when it’s not your own money. lol

No point doing Voodoo on him before he's even came...

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

In all seriousness if we took that attitude we'd end up signing no one. These players and clubs have insurance policies for these incidents.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 2

Just now, UHDrive said:

In all seriousness if we took that attitude we'd end up signing no one. These players and clubs have insurance policies for these incidents.

I do realise this and it was half in jest, just feel sometimes we can mix supporting Leicester with supporting a very (very) rich club.

Anyway, as the Vestergaard things looks like happening, its very unexciting but emminently sensible. Very Leicester.

Now we just wait until Deadline Day for the Dan James announcement.  lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do realise this and it was half in jest, just feel sometimes we can mix supporting Leicester with supporting a very (very) rich club.

Anyway, as the Vestergaard things looks like happening, its very unexciting but emminently sensible. Very Leicester.

Now we just wait until Deadline Day for the Dan James announcement.  lol

OK you got got me 🤐. Think I need caffeine then 🙈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Madueke can afford to wait a year or two at his age, if he can make the progress he seems capable of , his agent will get him a 7million a year contract. Not bad for a 21 y.o. although way behind Sancho. Would we offer him that? No we wouldn't .

...not the point though...you wonder if there is some kind of dispute going on between the Manager and budget holders!!!

This window is,  or at least was, the window to drive a bargain for Madueke.  Initially the price was being banded around at £15m now we are in the realms of £40m.

You can't afford to dither in this business and we have and now priced ourselves out of this.

No sales made, apart from Ghezzal, has not helped with the availability of money, but we haven't helped ourselves. 

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not the point though...you wonder if there is some kind of dispute going on between the Manager and budget holders!!!

This window is,  or at least was, the window to drive a bargain for Madueke.  Initially the price was being banded around at £15m now we are in the realms of £40m.

You can't afford to dither in this business and we have and now priced ourselves out of this.

No sales made, apart from Ghezzal, has not helped with the availability of money, but we haven't helped ourselves. 

The prices you mention are conjectural at best. Its perfectly possible we made discreet enquiries with PSV earlier and been told that, in spite of any financial difficulties they might have been facing, they weren't going to let him go for a fee we're prepared to pay.

I have said on a number of previous posts I'd love us to sign him, I feel like he'd be amazing down the right with Harvey on the left.

We'd terrify any opposition!

However with how wonderful our recruitment has been in the past and how well run our club seems to be from our fantastic owners, I'm not about to bemoan any potential "missed opportunities", especially when, (as so much of our transfer activity is kept so secretive until it happens), we don't know all the facts.

6 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Just to wander ot for a second, I was wondering about this.  Does anybody know if we get compensated for Fofana's loss or is it just for career ending incidents?  That Noni has just cost us £15m plus wages.