Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Surely this will mean we must sell?

Someone posted recently that the deals for Soumaré and Daka were extremely favourable for us in terms of when we pay the instalments and how much was actually needed up front. I think this coupled with some of the factors stated on the previous page means we can get away with this only selling fringe players. I would guess we might lose one big name next summer though, if we don’t get CL.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Someone posted recently that the deals for Soumaré and Daka were extremely favourable for us in terms of when we pay the instalments and how much was actually needed up front. I think this coupled with some of the factors stated on the previous page means we can get away with this only selling fringe players. I would guess we might lose one big name next summer though, if we don’t get CL.

Ricardo, Soyuncu and Tielemans will all have a year left unless they sign new deals and may want a different challenge so makes sense to load up the squad now.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Nixon hinted at it... we can sell an asset at any time to claw money back. The beauty of what we've done is that we can speculate, then next summer cash in on a player if we needed to. 

The club probably realise we need to back Rodgers now, in a years time he might not be here. 

Bang on

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nixon hinted at it... we can sell an asset at any time to claw money back. The beauty of what we've done is that we can speculate, then next summer cash in on a player if we needed to. 

The club probably realise we need to back Rodgers now, in a years time he might not be here. 

As you say he must have had assurances he can get the players he needs to push the squad on otherwise he'd go to somewhere that would give him 100m net to spend. He was pretty unequivocal about staying.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I think there is also an inevitability that we will lose one of our big players next summer and with that in mind, the club is probably comfortable with stretching themselves more than usual in this window, especially when we are so close to having such an exciting and balanced squad.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I think there is also an inevitability that we will lose one of our big players next summer and with that in mind, the club is probably comfortable with stretching themselves more than usual in this window, especially when we are so close to having such an exciting and balanced squad.  

We are also hoping to have matchday revenue back all season which having survived the pandemic that’s extra income for the club on match days we didn’t have last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Given we're looking like having a summer where nobody of any great import gets sold, we may lose 2 big ones in 12 months time... So I agree with everyone in essence that trying to sign this guy now takes on extra importance and significance.

• Like 2

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Given we're looking like having a summer where nobody of any great import gets sold, we may lose 2 big ones in 12 months time... So I agree with everyone in essence that trying to sign this guy now takes on extra importance and significance.

I was thinking 2 as well but couldn't bring myself to type it, let alone speculate who :cry:

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The club probably realise we need to back Rodgers now, in a years time he might not be here

100% club will be aware that if he doesn't get the tools to do the job he will look elsewhere, essential how it went at Celtic.

We have assets to fall back on plus two season of EL money, FA cup prize money and the new FBS sponsership.

I assumed we would be looking to reduce our debt, but that doesn't seem the case. 

46 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Also invest now, rather then when people know you have 80m burning a hole in your pockets after selling someone.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but.... I don't think its this guy that BR was referring to, with his 'cheeky' response to 'right winger?' question. I think its Dan James or Amad Diallo on loan from United. Soz

(Btw, I'd be fine if this were true. Think they both have something to prove)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I hate to say it, but.... I don't think its this guy that BR was referring to, with his 'cheeky' response to 'right winger?' question. I think its Dan James or Amad Diallo on loan from United. Soz

I just don’t see United loaning players to us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

United will not loan a player to a rival. 

BR: "Who knows, we might not be done."

FT: "Welcome, Noni!  With this, our title is all but assured."

The only reason this doesn't strike me as total wishful thinking (as the entire RW discussion has from the beginning) is because he's the sort of player you could potentially sell for a profit in a year or two.

• Like 1

Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

I just don’t see United loaning players to us. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

United will not loan a player to a rival. 

I still think they are too arrogant, within their higher levels, to see us as a direct rival. I think they would only apply that logic to the traditional 5 of the 'big 6' rivals. 'The Super League', if you will!

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It didn't sound like he was talking about a loan tbh.