Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I hate to say it, but.... I don't think its this guy that BR was referring to, with his 'cheeky' response to 'right winger?' question. I think its Dan James or Amad Diallo on loan from United. Soz

(Btw, I'd be fine if this were true. Think they both have something to prove)

James could start the first few games for Man Utd with Rashford out for a while and Cavani only just back from the Copa America, meaning Greenwood will play up front. Not sure if Sancho is back match fit yet after the Euro's either

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I still think they are too arrogant, within their higher levels, to see us as a direct rival. I think they would only apply that logic to the traditional 5 of the 'big 6' rivals. 'The Super League', if you will!

See where you're coming from but it's highly unlikely. When was the last time a top 6 team in the last two years loaned a player to each other ?

If James goes out on loan it will either be aboard or to someone like Southampton or Palace.

34 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

See where you're coming from but it's highly unlikely. When was the last time a top 6 team in the last two years loaned a player to each other ?

If James goes out on loan it will either be aboard or to someone like Southampton or Palace.

Just being pedantic but Lingard. Man U to West Ham.

55 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

BR: "Who knows, we might not be done."

FT: "Welcome, Noni!  With this, our title is all but assured."

The only reason this doesn't strike me as total wishful thinking (as the entire RW discussion has from the beginning) is because he's the sort of player you could potentially sell for a profit in a year or two.

And also because Alan Nixon is often first to disclose strong transfer links when it comes to us.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Nixon hinted at it... we can sell an asset at any time to claw money back. The beauty of what we've done is that we can speculate, then next summer cash in on a player if we needed to. 

The club probably realise we need to back Rodgers now, in a years time he might not be here. 

Many fans are always insisting their club "speculates to accumulate" but in this instance I think they would be right. We have quality in every position and depth in almost every position, the one place we really lack is RW. If we could just bring in a player who was as lethal as Barnes even if it was in a different way with a different skill set we could seriously challenge for top four and trophies. 

Get that player in this window and take stock financially again in a year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Just being pedantic but Lingard. Man U to West Ham.

West Ham never really looked to threaten the top four when Lingard moved there, it was only after he joined.

There would have been hell on if West Ham got top four at the expense of Man Utd.

Just looking at the betting markets the top four look like it's going to be the usual suspects but Arsenal, Leicester and Tottenham are the threats. Everyone else a bit of a long shot. No way do the expected top seven team help the others. Heads would roll if we loaned Dan James and he performed like Jesse Lingard last year and threatened Man Utd's top four place.

• Haha 1

Out of all the wingers we have been linked with over the years. I've not been particularly excited by any of them, many went to other teams and haven't exactly set the world on fire. This guy however looks a different class, for me he's the one I'd love to see and like many have pointed out, I can't see it being much of a risk.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Many fans are always insisting their club "speculates to accumulate" but in this instance I think they would be right. We have quality in every position and depth in almost every position, the one place we really lack is RW. If we could just bring in a player who was as lethal as Barnes even if it was in a different way with a different skill set we could seriously challenge for top four and trophies. 

Get that player in this window and take stock financially again in a year.

To be honest we seem very light on numbers for creative players who can make something happen.

This rumour reminds me of the time we were linked with that Brazilian fella, Barbosa was is it?

No real solid links, 1 or 2 reporting "interest" but with no follow up.

But in typical foxestalk fashion it suddenly becomes this thing where we're most definitely after them, bids have gone in, bidding wars taking place. Then we'll all be massively disappointed that he goes somewhere else. When, in reality, his name is probably one of many on a list somewhere in Rudkins office and no formal contact has taken place.

I do hope I'm wrong, I've said before I've got a gut feeling that this lad could make a real difference for us. It's just 1 tweet from 1 journalist and a thread that occasionally goes hot on foxestalk are the only real chatter about this guy

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This rumour reminds me of the time we were linked with that Brazilian fella, Barbosa was is it?

No real solid links, 1 or 2 reporting "interest" but with no follow up.

But in typical foxestalk fashion it suddenly becomes this thing where we're most definitely after them, bids have gone in, bidding wars taking place. Then we'll all be massively disappointed that he goes somewhere else. When, in reality, his name is probably one of many on a list somewhere in Rudkins office and no formal contact has taken place.

I do hope I'm wrong, I've said before I've got a gut feeling that this lad could make a real difference for us. It's just 1 tweet from 1 journalist and a thread that occasionally goes hot on foxestalk are the only real chatter about this guy

think we missed a Bullet with Barbosa. I never heard of him afterwards, I think he went to Italy.