Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

They were 5th the week he signed.

Yeah I get I got this wrong but United still wouldn't see West Ham as a threat like we would be. 

To sum it up I would be surprised if we were to loan Dan James or some lad that's played about 4 games for man United.

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

think we missed a Bullet with Barbosa. I never heard of him afterwards, I think he went to Italy.

Last I heard he went back to Brazil and was ready for another crack at European football after his move to Italy didn't work out 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I can see us starting with Ricky P starting on the right Wing.

How long is the loan window for ?    Is it 2 more weeks or a Month.

I think all signs point to Perez starting at RW. Don't see why we'd change the team that started in the Community Shield.

I'm pretty sure any incomings, permanent or loans, have to be before Sep 1st. I think the loan window after that only applies/applied to clubs below the PL. Not sure if it still happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stu said:

He’d be a Barnes backup rather than a starter. Not really what we need.

...are you talking about the same player everyone else is talking about!!!

Not sure how you have come to this conclusion regarding Madueke, it just does not make any sense. As a Barnes understudy he would have to be a Left sided player, Madueke place on the Right, he would take up the Right side now occupied by Perez, it is not a big reach, he would start in the first eleven.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are you talking about the same player everyone else is talking about!!!

Not sure how you have come to this conclusion regarding Madueke, it just does not make any sense. As a Barnes understudy he would have to be a Left sided player, Madueke place on the Right, he would take up the Right side now occupied by Perez, it is not a big reach, he would start in the first eleven.

No, I’m referring to @Ric Flair’s cyptic message which I interpreted as Lookman, as in Ademola Lookman who was on loan at Fulham last season. 

:doh:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

think we missed a Bullet with Barbosa. I never heard of him afterwards, I think he went to Italy.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Last I heard he went back to Brazil and was ready for another crack at European football after his move to Italy didn't work out 

He’s been a star for Flamengo, won the Copa Libertadores in 2019, was the South American Player of the Year in 2019 and is regularly on Brazil’s squad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

We've recouped £3mil-ish from Besiktas - another two moved on for £15-18mil and we might then put in a bid. I don't think we will spend close to £100mil unless we know we getting money in to subsidise this.

FFP big changes coming in next season to try clamp down on wages/transfer fees (according to UEFA), so I think we may overspend in this window with those changes in mind. 

We have some considerable assets that in all likelihood, will be cashed in next summer due to 1 or 2 of our big name players seeking a move. 

I think that's why we are also seeing some crazy amounts being spent by other clubs, in preparation for these rule changes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

FFP big changes coming in next season to try clamp down on wages/transfer fees (according to UEFA), so I think we may overspend in this window with those changes in mind. 

We have some considerable assets that in all likelihood, will be cashed in next summer due to 1 or 2 of our big name players seeking a move. 

I think that's why we are also seeing some crazy amounts being spent by other clubs, in preparation for these rule changes. 

Or deliberately try not to qualify for Europe.

I'm not hopeful we will get anyone in now this late but anything can happen and the window hasn't shut. Only our recruiting dept knows what's going on and if we do hook a winger in the 11th hour and its a good one I'm sure we're all gonna be over the bloody moon!

I’ve gone through the classic transfer window cycle of;

Didn’t even know he existed => Watch YouTube video => Utterly convinced he’ll win us the champions league and solve world hunger and I’ll be devastated if we don’t sign him => Check in every 5 mins to see if the messiah has signed yet.

• Like 1

Second leg against Benfica is 26 August, so this is going to be a very late one if it happens.

Perhaps the club and player have said if we don't qualify then he goes - PSV will lose money in not qualifying for the group stage, and the player will have no reason to stay there over leaving for us/Dortmund.

We've not been in there for 3-4 weeks for the club to feel they've not got a real chance.

• Like 1