Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

We were linked with him at the end of last season too. Back then a lot of us though he was the most likely signing because he was relatively cheap but English. It's just since then his stock has risen considerably.

But we have been strongly linked with him in the past, just like Castagne, Vestergaard, Ricardo, Soumare, Ndidi and all sorts of other players who we signed a few windows after first being linked.

As @Jimbopoints out, leaving number 23 spare is quite telling. Last season the number 3 shirt was reserved for Fofana, and what a good decision that turned out to be.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I really do wish he would stop mentioning or referencing how much we could get for selling star players. We know how much they are worth but that's not what we want to do.

Ooof! Exciting.

What Rodgers was implying about seeing what develops over the next few weeks, makes sense with this particular deal. 

Don't blame PSV holding on to him longer, if he can help them qualify for Champions League 

Think we will get this done if patient but I'd prefer to just get it done early, even if cost a little more. Good thing it's not my millions eh! 

Alan Nixon is right in that we aren’t skint, we just signed a whopping sponsorship deal with FBS, we’ve cleared out some pretty big contracts in Morgan and Fuchs and we’ve got some sellable assets we can move on too. The club clearly feel that Madueke is a player who is going to drastically increase in value like Fofana has so I can see it happening if PSV are prepared to play ball. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

The other way of reading this, given the way Nicko talks, is that he believes we are likely to sell a rather large asset this window if we get everything else we want. 

With the way Rodgers talked yesterday Praet might not be playing for us at the end of the window

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The other way of reading this, given the way Nicko talks, is that he believes we are likely to sell a rather large asset this window if we get everything else we want. 

His tweets yesterday seemed to imply it was more a case of having assets available to sell IF we ever get in any financial trouble. 

He also said we have cash! As in, ready to buy now I guess. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I tend to think he means if we REALLY needed to we could, but from what it sounds like on here we got really good deals with Soumare and Daka with the payment plans, if we managed to do well in that aspect again with Madueke and Vestergaard, and manage to shift a couple of players like Praet, Hamza along with all the other wages we have freed up then there may be no need to sell a big player

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

To be Alan Nixon is right in that we aren’t skint, we just signed a whopping sponsorship deal with FBS, we’ve cleared out some pretty big contracts in Morgan and Fuchs and we’ve got some sellable assets we can move on too. The club clearly feel that Madueke is a player who is going to drastically increase in value like Fofana has so I can see it happening if PSV are prepared to play ball. 

Who knows we may have also done another Macquarie type deal, say to the tune of £70m :whistle: anticipating a sale of a player next season, but freeing up the cash to be spent now so that we are in the Champions League when we sell said 'star player', meaning we can replace him easier

Edited by AjcW

6 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

He really seems to think we have a pot of gold this summer 🤔 

And our fans need to remember we’re not skint…. Just because we’re self sufficient, it doesn’t mean we can’t afford to make several high profile signings. 

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

I don't think we're specifically saving number 23 for him lol It's hardly a desirably number for most players and we didn't have a number 23 last year either.

It's part of his brand! That's very important to footballers these days :ph34r: I choose to believe this is Rodgers and Madueke sending secret signals to Leicester fans through social media lol

image.png.dac21ef7d07852161ae000dfe3951c9f.png

16 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Second leg against Benfica is 26 August, so this is going to be a very late one if it happens.

Perhaps the club and player have said if we don't qualify then he goes - PSV will lose money in not qualifying for the group stage, and the player will have no reason to stay there over leaving for us/Dortmund.

We've not been in there for 3-4 weeks for the club to feel they've not got a real chance.

Good shout. Think you could be right with this summation.

2 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

He really seems to think we have a pot of gold this summer 🤔 

Look at it this way... If you were running a growing business and if just a few investments you had made in the past could, if realised, wipe out any amount of current year spend and allows you to generate more revenue this year and further progress the business (top 4, progress a long way in Europa and Cups) then set against the valuable assets you have in the bank (meaning the resale value of any of our top players) then you have the current year spend risk fully covered. This is the year to do it given relaxation of FP rules.

I would not be surprised if we spend £30M on a right-sided player. Not much, if anything to lose.