Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only difference is we've had no reported bids turned down nor has there been any real coverage of it. Not that it isn't happening but I think we may be leaving it as late as possible on purpose.

It's also perfectly possible that they've made it clear to the clubs that they will not accept any offers before the second game against Benfica. It's also possible that we have an agreement with them to wait until that game and then an agreed sum will be accepted, as that benefits everyone involved, other than our delay but that's only a minor inconvenience.

Of course it's also entirely possible that absolutely nothing is happening regarding this link. From the outside perspective, all these posibilities will look identical, and we won't know until the end of the month if any are the truth.

Unless I'm mistaken, most LCFC leaks, don't come from the club itself, but the other clubs we deal with. We operate with strict secrecy, which is why nothing's came out unless noticable movement has started. That's how Praet, Perez, Daka ect have snuck up on us in the past. What's PSV usually like for leaks? As if they have a similar record, we will have no way of knowing what's going on until it happens.

End of the day, the premier league has the pull. Being an English lad too, if the opportunity arises to return to the prem, he will, I personally think, will take it, regardless the advice PSV give him. 

If we made a bid that they would be happy with, I’m confident he would chose us other any other foreign club. The only blow would be another English team step in of bigger stock.

Edited by Pliskin

This narrative they won't sell until after the play-offs, it really didn't bother them to sell Malen and Dumfries for very modest fees. Their behaviour this summer has been odd for a team in with a great chance of qualifying for the CL.

1 minute ago, noniiiballer said:

So i just talked with Rik Elfrink, he’s the Fabrizio of PSV. He told me that indeed as the most of you said, if we dont qualify for the CL then we will probably sell him if a club offers a good fee. But if we reach the CL there’s no chance he will leave us this season and he has personally told the board that if we reach CL he wants to stay a minimum of 1 more season (2021-2022).

(Some sentences may be wrong, English is not my best language 🧐)

Any reason why you've let Malen and Dumfries go for quite poor fees given their worth whilst in the midst of CL qualification?

Also, what's happening with Ihatteran?

PSV were one of my favourite teams to watch the last 2 years, ace line up of maverick attackers.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any reason why you've let Malen and Dumfries go for quite poor fees given their worth whilst in the midst of CL qualification?

PSV were one of my favourite teams to watch the last 2 years, ace line up of maverick attackers.

Interesting all 3 of those players have the same agent…

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I also was quite schocked to see the prices they let those 2 go for, but i think it has to do with the wishes of the players. Before last season started they already told the staff etc. that they want to leave and the club convinced them to stay another season and in return we would go easy in negotations. Also besides Everton and Inter no other clubs had real interest in Dumfries and we needed to sell him.

Ahh the Ihattaren case… Well he was one of my favourite players but his mentality ruined everything. I wont say that its only his fault but the club has been trying to do everything since the youth teams, he just doesnt listen to the coaches and frequently does weird things like not showing up to training or saying that he’s sick and missing games 4 times in 2 months. He’s had a hard time with the loss of his father, but imo its the best if he leaves PSV and goes to another club.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, noniiiballer said:

So i just talked with Rik Elfrink, he’s the Fabrizio of PSV. He told me that indeed as the most of you said, if we dont qualify for the CL then we will probably sell him if a club offers a good fee. But if we reach the CL there’s no chance he will leave us this season and he has personally told the board that if we reach CL he wants to stay a minimum of 1 more season (2021-2022).

(Some sentences may be wrong, English is not my best language 🧐)

Dankjewel! Hup Benfica :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only difference is we've had no reported bids turned down nor has there been any real coverage of it. Not that it isn't happening but I think we may be leaving it as late as possible on purpose.

Little snips suggest we are in dialogue with PSV. 

If this come to fruition could be massive for our session.

The recruitment team has done great in what hasn't been a easy window to work in.

We are becoming the Dortmund of the PL, a place young players want to go!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

I think he goes if we cough up the fee irrespective of whether they qualify for the Champions League or not. If they qualify, they’ve got Champions League money secure and make a handsome figure on Madueke, if they don’t qualify, the Madueke money will help buffer the coffers to make up for losing out on the Champions League money. 

If we offer around £32-35 million they will sell. 

13 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I think he goes if we cough up the fee irrespective of whether they qualify for the Champions League or not. If they qualify, they’ve got Champions League money secure and make a handsome figure on Madueke, if they don’t qualify, the Madueke money will help buffer the coffers to make up for losing out on the Champions League money. 

If we offer around £32-35 million they will sell. 

The club might be happy in that scenario but Noni might want to play in the Champions League this year. The way he's been playing in these qualifiers, if they get there it's because of him, and for him to then go play in the Europa league is a bit of a kick in the teeth, even if it might be a better move in the long term. 

The career path could be PSV>>Dortmund>>> Bayern and perhaps he is happy on the continent. Given the state of this country I wouldn't blame him. He turned down Man.Utd. apparently which suggests he has a clear idea where he is going.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The career path could be PSV>>Dortmund>>> Bayern and perhaps he is happy on the continent. Given the state of this country I wouldn't blame him. He turned down Man.Utd. apparently which suggests he has a clear idea where he is going.

Didn’t he turn down Man Utd when he was a kid? Understandable to turn them down at the time as he left to find first time football. Bit of a different situation now.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Didn’t he turn down Man Utd when he was a kid? Understandable to turn them down at the time as he left to find first time football. Bit of a different situation now.

Apparently that is true , choosing PSV instead which many wouldn't do.

Can't believe the club would let this run till the end of the window. If it doesn't work out then what? With a couple days left in the window. Another Under type signing to sit on the bench but at least we tried? We should be closing this deal now or move on. What other exceptional player will wait around til the end of the window for us? If the player/PSV would rather hedge his bets(Champions League) then its time to move on. Mentality is as important as technical ability and this is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe he's better off playing in Germany if he can't cut it here. Don't give a crap about his or PSV's excuses.

Make him and PSV our best offer on Monday and give them 24 hrs. Be prepared to walk away. Better to find out the answer now then later. 2 1/2 years of watching this BS and I'm sick of it. Wait for them? F off. Time to solve the problem.

Rant over.

10 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Can't believe the club would let this run till the end of the window. If it doesn't work out then what? With a couple days left in the window. Another Under type signing to sit on the bench but at least we tried? We should be closing this deal now or move on. What other exceptional player will wait around til the end of the window for us? If the player/PSV would rather hedge his bets(Champions League) then its time to move on. Mentality is as important as technical ability and this is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe he's better off playing in Germany if he can't cut it here. Don't give a crap about his or PSV's excuses.

Make him and PSV our best offer on Monday and give them 24 hrs. Be prepared to walk away. Better to find out the answer now then later. 2 1/2 years of watching this BS and I'm sick of it. Wait for them? F off. Time to solve the problem.

Rant over.

How our club have not got you on the payroll I will never know , truly wasted 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1