Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

It'll be criminal if we couldve slapped a fee down a week ago and got him, instead of dithering and losing him. 

We got away on the right side today because of RP but without him we only have Castagne who can do a similar role in all fairness to him but he doesn't have the finesse that RP has in the final 3rd.

51 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Can't believe the club would let this run till the end of the window. If it doesn't work out then what? With a couple days left in the window. Another Under type signing to sit on the bench but at least we tried? We should be closing this deal now or move on. What other exceptional player will wait around til the end of the window for us? If the player/PSV would rather hedge his bets(Champions League) then its time to move on. Mentality is as important as technical ability and this is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe he's better off playing in Germany if he can't cut it here. Don't give a crap about his or PSV's excuses.

Make him and PSV our best offer on Monday and give them 24 hrs. Be prepared to walk away. Better to find out the answer now then later. 2 1/2 years of watching this BS and I'm sick of it. Wait for them? F off. Time to solve the problem.

Rant over.

....pretty much how I feel in respect of signings!!!

If you want the player go out and get him, set a limit of how much you wish to spend and then do the deal with those parameters. I can't see how this is a sign of a weak mentality, going to Dortmund would give him almost certain Champions League every season and we have failed twice to crash that party, he may view BVB a better option than us.

We do need to resolve this problem, it is not just going to go away.

If we can get Madueke, and then we choose not to, it will be a sizable mistake. Our inability to generate threats off the right has kept us from the CL the last two seasons. Yes, there are four elite sides everyone is picking to qualify. But we are good enough to be in that mix. But if we had a legit threat on the right, it opens the defense up and makes it easier for everyone to score. The defense is more spread, more vulnerable, and we'd probably have added a net ten goals or so last season. Likely gets us into CL. Now we may need to qualify the hard way. Well, let's get the side that can win Europa.

• Like 1

Becoming increasingly obvious this needs to happen. FFP regulations softened, the one area we need to improve the side, a player that fits our profile, big re sale value, another season of European football on offer, and a relatively small number of sides after him. We'd end up with the best squad the club has ever had, hands down.

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....pretty much how I feel in respect of signings!!!

If you want the player go out and get him, set a limit of how much you wish to spend and then do the deal with those parameters. I can't see how this is a sign of a weak mentality, going to Dortmund would give him almost certain Champions League every season and we have failed twice to crash that party, he may view BVB a better option than us.

We do need to resolve this problem, it is not just going to go away.

I think this lad has potential for sure but if you think a 19 y.o. kid is going to make a fundamental difference to our chances of CL you are probably kidding yourself . We have to keep the clean sheets,  its our defence that will get us into the top four. We have conceded no goals in our last two matches , that's the way to go.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

It'll be criminal if we couldve slapped a fee down a week ago and got him, instead of dithering and losing him. 

We got away on the right side today because of RP but without him we only have Castagne who can do a similar role in all fairness to him but he doesn't have the finesse that RP has in the final 3rd.

There's JJ, as well.

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think this lad has potential for sure but if you think a 19 y.o. kid is going to make a fundamental difference to our chances of CL you are probably kidding yourself . We have to keep the clean sheets,  its our defence that will get us into the top four. We have conceded no goals in our last two matches , that's the way to go.

...the post was regarding Madueke looking for a club in the Champions League!!!

It was never about him taking us there, it was about going out there and getting it done, instead of waiting for PSV  to qualify or not for Champions league football. 

If he can take us there then great but let us finally resolve this Right Winger situation once and for all.

Edited by sacreblueits442

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

On shots conceded last year we were 4th best in the league. On shots created we were 8th. The attack is clearly where we need to improve. Fofana was 19 yet he made our defence look amazing.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, vanity said:

If we can get Madueke, and then we choose not to, it will be a sizable mistake. Our inability to generate threats off the right has kept us from the CL the last two seasons. Yes, there are four elite sides everyone is picking to qualify. But we are good enough to be in that mix. But if we had a legit threat on the right, it opens the defense up and makes it easier for everyone to score. The defense is more spread, more vulnerable, and we'd probably have added a net ten goals or so last season. Likely gets us into CL. Now we may need to qualify the hard way. Well, let's get the side that can win Europa.

I am sorry. Where is it quoted that we are in for this player? I am sure the club is looking at options for right wing, but this seems only based on some grand in this forum.

40 minutes ago, Hack said:

I am sorry. Where is it quoted that we are in for this player? I am sure the club is looking at options for right wing, but this seems only based on some grand in this forum.

Alan Nixon in The Sun mentioned it with some authority...

5 hours ago, Fightforever said:

On shots conceded last year we were 4th best in the league. On shots created we were 8th. The attack is clearly where we need to improve. Fofana was 19 yet he made our defence look amazing.

We conceded 50 goals last season, 36 when we won the title. We scored 68 one of the best. To me it shows where we need to improve.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We conceded 50 goals last season, 36 when we won the title. We scored 68 one of the best. To me it shows where we need to improve.

There are more shots then there are goals which means there is a bigger sample size (means there is less room for luck to change stats) this probably means we over preformed last year on the attacking end. Essentially we got lucky with that amount of goals plus its not goals in specific we lack more creativity in the final third at times shown by our stats with shots. Also we had a different system when we had won the title. A counter attacking side will concede less goals especially when you combine it with a high quality squad (since usually counter attacking teams tend to be weaker teams).

Edited by Fightforever

30 minutes ago, simon789us said:

The lad ain’t coming unfortunately 

With our facilities and reputation for developing players into worldies, he'd be silly not to view us as one of his preferred destinations, to be honest. And the same could be said for any young and upcoming footballer. If he knows we want him, he will have been daydreaming about us at some point. We are that attractive. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Danny280995 said:

We might not be looking at him, maybe we have someone else in mind

I wonder?

When set out to get Cambiasso and Fofana, we kept their favourite shirt numbers free as a sign of our commitment to them and a minor attraction for them.

Vestergaard has just been given the 23 shirt, the one Madueke wears currently and which features in his social media branding…