Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

Obviously Madueke is not Trincão but it does highlight the difficulty for young highly rated players coming here from euro leagues for big money. Trincão could turn out to be a decent player but yesterday he looked lost and overwhelmed. I don't know whether Wolves are committed to buy him but they also brought on another young player yesterday, Silva, that I believe cost £35m and at this stage I think the jury is out on the value of that deal. 

It's a massive risk for LCFC to fork out the amount being quoted for Madueke. We did it for Fofana and it worked fantastically well but unless the club are really flushed then I'd say its a risk to far at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ricardo is a full back, not a winger. He runs from deep at players and gets space due to Perez moving inwards. But as a winger its yet to be seen.

did you see his assist yesterday?

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes, ball comes back to him after a clearance and he runs at the defenders from a deeper position with Perez still ahead of him. 

I'm not sure he'd be a huge success as a winger 

Evidence (not inconsiderable) suggests Ricardo is markedly less effective as a winger or wingback.

Considering it was Trincao's first game in the PL I thought he looked pretty good.  He looked behind the game a few times but had some flashes of real skill.  I'd take him over any of our so-called right wing options in a heartbeat.  But by all means, if you want to think you know exactly what a player is going to be based on 70 minutes of one match, go ahead.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We conceded 50 goals last season, 36 when we won the title. We scored 68 one of the best. To me it shows where we need to improve.

4 out of the last 5 champions have had the lowest XG conceded.

Bear Bryant quote: Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes, ball comes back to him after a clearance and he runs at the defenders from a deeper position with Perez still ahead of him. 

Agree with this. We saw with Barnes yesterday. Not that he had a bad game but every time he got the ball further up the feel, the full back got very close, making it difficult for him to turn. Riccy is great running from deep into space. Riccy would do a job at RW but he is far more effective running from deep.

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kind of wing play though don’t you think? He wasn’t running from deep he was well within the attacking half and not far from the edge of the box

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Kind of wing play though don’t you think? He wasn’t running from deep he was well within the attacking half and not far from the edge of the box

He's one of the best RB in the league, lets just keep him there and get a good RM. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Obviously Madueke is not Trincão but it does highlight the difficulty for young highly rated players coming here from euro leagues for big money. Trincão could turn out to be a decent player but yesterday he looked lost and overwhelmed. I don't know whether Wolves are committed to buy him but they also brought on another young player yesterday, Silva, that I believe cost £35m and at this stage I think the jury is out on the value of that deal. 

It's a massive risk for LCFC to fork out the amount being quoted for Madueke. We did it for Fofana and it worked fantastically well but unless the club are really flushed then I'd say its a risk to far at the moment. 

I think it’s a little different re coming from a European team as he’s an Englishman who’s came through an English academy at spurs since he was a kid…

as for Trincao I personally thought he looked very good yesterday especially the second half! Very quick feet and hard to take the ball off, seemed to just ghost past players with ease

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Ricardo is a full back, not a winger. He runs from deep at players and gets space due to Perez moving inwards. But as a winger its yet to be seen.

Played against Villa as AMR for 75mins when they doubled up on JG was one of the top performers that day.

13 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I think it’s a little different re coming from a European team as he’s an Englishman who’s came through an English academy at spurs since he was a kid…

as for Trincao I personally thought he looked very good yesterday especially the second half! Very quick feet and hard to take the ball off, seemed to just ghost past players with ease

Decent touches but was anonymous for 70% of the game, will be surprised if he makes the grade in the PL.

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's one of the best RB in the league, lets just keep him there and get a good RM. 

Oh don’t get me wrong- he is.  But if we inexplicably don’t get a RW in, there might be times when Castagne  or whoever covers the RB and we have to bump Ricky P forward. It’s not an option id be hesitant in doing and probably one of the best ones available in our current situation.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Evidence (not inconsiderable) suggests Ricardo is markedly less effective as a winger or wingback.

Considering it was Trincao's first game in the PL I thought he looked pretty good.  He looked behind the game a few times but had some flashes of real skill.  I'd take him over any of our so-called right wing options in a heartbeat.  But by all means, if you want to think you know exactly what a player is going to be based on 70 minutes of one match, go ahead.

I disagree because the only evidence is from last season, where by the way the evidence also suggested he wasn’t very good anywhere.

im not ruling him out until we’ve seen him there when he is actually fit. 

He looks like he has the strength to take players on again now so it is well worth a test at some point.