Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Obviously Madueke is not Trincão but it does highlight the difficulty for young highly rated players coming here from euro leagues for big money. Trincão could turn out to be a decent player but yesterday he looked lost and overwhelmed. I don't know whether Wolves are committed to buy him but they also brought on another young player yesterday, Silva, that I believe cost £35m and at this stage I think the jury is out on the value of that deal. 

It's a massive risk for LCFC to fork out the amount being quoted for Madueke. We did it for Fofana and it worked fantastically well but unless the club are really flushed then I'd say its a risk to far at the moment. 

...I  would say Trincao is at a club he does not want to be and he is going to have to make the best of it!!!

This time last season he is pushing to be included in Barca first team. The link with his agent has brought him to Wolves but there surely is no affinity to the club he now finds himself.

He surely cannot be judged on one game, time will tell.

22 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

There's JJ, as well.

Without a right winger I can see us using JJ, Castagne and RP all season long in rotation with RP utilised more as a winger when he's back after his injury. Unless he's needed on the left that is.

Apparently, Ricardo was once a winger converted to FB. 

"Paulo Fonseca will have to provide a right-back for tomorrow's reception of Penafiel, in another game of the League Cup. Given this scenario, the coach should keep betting on the adaptation of the winger Ricardo to the referred lateral, he who already lined up in that position in the recent game of the Portuguese Cup, against Atlético,"

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/fc-porto/detalhe/ricardo-ve-a-luz-que-o-guia-a-lateral-862762

1 hour ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

RP is not a winger, and I highly doubt he will be played out of position 

He will be playing most of the season as a winger if we don't get one as he has done so often in the past as a substitute either as an out an out right winger or as a back 3 wingback.

1 hour ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

RP is not a winger, and I highly doubt he will be played out of position 

I don’t understand why anyone thinks that Ricardo couldn’t do a job at RW. His play on the Vardy goal wasn’t exactly some run from our own half and he’s always looked effective when we’ve had to move him into a more advanced role; he just hasn’t gotten the chance to play there consistently. 

12 hours ago, enmac said:

Apparently, Ricardo was once a winger converted to FB. 

"Paulo Fonseca will have to provide a right-back for tomorrow's reception of Penafiel, in another game of the League Cup. Given this scenario, the coach should keep betting on the adaptation of the winger Ricardo to the referred lateral, he who already lined up in that position in the recent game of the Portuguese Cup, against Atlético,"

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/fc-porto/detalhe/ricardo-ve-a-luz-que-o-guia-a-lateral-862762

There must be hundreds of fullbacks or wingbacks that become so because, at a decent level, they just can't cut the mustard as an outright winger or midfielder. I think Ricardo is one such player. Rodgers isn't the first manager here to try him as a winger and each time it's been tried, he's quite poor to be honest to the point that last season, notwithstanding that he was returning from serious injury, not only did he look poor, he was visibly getting very frustrated. 

This is not meant as criticism of Ricardo because if we look at his last three performances in his favoured position, he looks confident and happy and is coming back to his devastating best. I think the answer is to play a system that you have the players to fulfil and refrain from slavishly playing any system just because you like it even though you don't have the players to do it justice. At this level you may get away with the odd player out of position but not several. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Only issue playing Riccy, Timmeh, JJ ok the wing is consistent goals. You want your wide player to chip in with at least 10 a season….. do we think they’re capable of doing that? 

I don’t think Ricardo would be far away tbh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Only issue playing Riccy, Timmeh, JJ ok the wing is consistent goals. You want your wide player to chip in with at least 10 a season….. do we think they’re capable of doing that? 

Think Ricardo would get more assist/goals than Perez in all honesty

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

So many people posting pictures of men looking, what does it all mean.

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

It means here we fùcking go!

I didn't get where I am today by posting shit all over the internet...

fucking-hippies-get-a-job.jpg

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 3