Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sadly it was definitely a typo. I meant not. 

Have a word with yourself ffs. If anyone watched our game against Wolves in isolation you could be forgiven for thinking Youri is crap, Barnes is bang average and Madders is over rated. 

It's one game, early in the season, against an opponent that's determined to shut up shop and be hard to play against. True of both us and PSV in this context. 

Noni probably would need time to adjust, that's stating the obvious, but you're being somewhat over the top based on a brief glimpse of a player playing in a difficult European away game. 

Of course the kid has talent but if you think he is going to transform us you are bound to be disappointed. The EPL is a different order of things to the Dutch league and he would quickly be targeted. In fact given the strength of our squad it would probably take Neymar to noticeably improve us.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sadly it was definitely a typo. I meant not. 

Have a word with yourself ffs. If anyone watched our game against Wolves in isolation you could be forgiven for thinking Youri is crap, Barnes is bang average and Madders is over rated. 

It's one game, early in the season, against an opponent that's determined to shut up shop and be hard to play against. True of both us and PSV in this context. 

Noni probably would need time to adjust, that's stating the obvious, but you're being somewhat over the top based on a brief glimpse of a player playing in a difficult European away game. 

Madders overrated?

Surely not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We play "a bit of poker" with 99% of our transfer business, let's be honest. Occasionally a player's agent or a selling club will speak to someone like Fab or Kristof Terreur and we'll get a pretty reliable snippet of information but most of the time it's pure guesswork. 

Rodgers has said we're probably after one more signing and gave a coy "maybe" when asked if that was a winger but it's quite possible we're waiting to see who we can shift on over the next week or so before we commit to anything and even then we may only be able to do a loan. 

Nixon could be right, we could be genuinely making moves here but it does strike me as unlikely that he'd be the only one that knew about it if so and even he is being deliberately cagey with how likely he states it'll be. 

This is definitely an example of a time where foxestalk has gotten itself excited way beyond the strength of a rumour. 

I’m just seeing a lot of similarities with this and the Fofana deal last summer in the sense we didn’t NEED him and we didn’t think we had that much money left, but we were at a cross roads with a player we liked and it was either stump up now for an insane talent - or let the elite snap him up in a years time. 

I reckon Rudkin is just biding his time on this one, and will really show his hand this time next week should they get knocked out. We’ll see how tempted they get with less prize money and a good £30m+ dangled under their nose.

Alternatively, they go through and were left scrapping around the bargain basin for someone on loan which will probably go on until deadline day. Ademola Lookman a name I’ve heard banded about myself. 

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

WHEN HE SCORES HE POINTS TO MADUEKE (23)

AND THE FANS SAY, AY COME THE CITEH

THE BLUES WANT ME, THEY CAN HAVE ME

RUDKIN CHUFF UP THE 40 MILLI

AAAAAAAAAAY MADUEKE

I'm confused and I love it

24 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

With 150 million burning a hole in their pockets Spurs will be a threat for any of our potential targets they choose to pursue.  They're still a big London club flush with cash.

Plus Madueke used to be at Spurs as a youth....

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

With 150 million burning a hole in their pockets Spurs will be a threat for any of our potential targets they choose to pursue.  They're still a big London club flush with cash.

Possibly but a) he will want assurances he is their main man on the RW and they've just signed Gil who's another left footed winger and they have Moura too.

We are the perfect club for him. In Europe, the go to club for progressing players and most importantly his competition he's up against is no comparison. He's got the ideal platform to be a star. Plus he binned Spurs off as a kid 😂

• Like 1

To the extent that our interest was ever serious (I'm still not convinced), if it's based on PSV missing the CL we may be in trouble.  They're probably slight favorites to go through with an away goal and only a 1-goal deficit.

44 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Well they are if you disregard the £1.2 billion debt hanging round their neck . If they invest the Kane money as poorly as the Bale windfall they will be in the ****

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

To the extent that our interest was ever serious (I'm still not convinced), if it's based on PSV missing the CL we may be in trouble.  They're probably slight favorites to go through with an away goal and only a 1-goal deficit.

Away goals don’t count in UEFA European competitions anymore.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Well they are if you disregard the £1.2 billion debt hanging round their neck . If they invest the Kane money as poorly as the Bale windfall they will be in the ****

The debt is pretty much all stadium related ……that’s much easier to deal with. without covid they are one of the few properly profitable clubs. 

51 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Their wage to turnover was so low, that prior to covid they'd have been able to knock that debt on the hat fairly quickly (relatively speaking). 

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What would make you convinced our interest was serious? 

The more I think about our other targets moving to other clubs with little challenge from us makes me think we want Madueke and if we can't get him we'll look for a stop gap loan. Frustrating if it doesn't happen.

9 hours ago, Aleksz said:

I’m just seeing a lot of similarities with this and the Fofana deal last summer in the sense we didn’t NEED him and we didn’t think we had that much money left, but we were at a cross roads with a player we liked and it was either stump up now for an insane talent - or let the elite snap him up in a years time. 

I reckon Rudkin is just biding his time on this one, and will really show his hand this time next week should they get knocked out. We’ll see how tempted they get with less prize money and a good £30m+ dangled under their nose.

Alternatively, they go through and were left scrapping around the bargain basin for someone on loan which will probably go on until deadline day. Ademola Lookman a name I’ve heard banded about myself. 

Narh I'm sorry but I think this is clutching at straws. 

We spent weeks, if not months, last summer very clearly bidding repeatedly for Fofana. Not only did a lot of very credible sources keep reporting we were bidding but I'm pretty sure even Puel got drawn in to discussing the player and transfer activity. It was very obvious we were interested. 

This time we're one name that's been chucked in a hat along with a number of others, including Dortmund who appeared to have him lined up as their Sancho replacement for a while. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Since Percy dropped out of our orbit the only one who seems consistently to actually be reporting news rather than either pulling stuff out of his ass or parroting what he saw elsewhere is Fab.  And if he's said a word linking us to Madueke, I don't remember it.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A top tier credible source (which Nixon isn't) claiming we'd either had a bid accepted or we'd agreed terms with the player* subject to an agreement between the clubs (which Nixon has distanced himself from anyway.) 

That or multiple fairly strong sources all claiming we were currently negotiating with PSV with the same determination we went after Fofana. 

I don't doubt for one second that Madueke is one of our options. He almost certainly is. But there's probably six or seven of these options at different levels of availability we can loan or buy. I mean who saw Cengiz Under coming before we settled in the end last year? 

(*I've noticed this happen backwards a few times in transfers lately according to reports, not quite sure how it isn't tapping up. I assume clubs get provisional permission to talk to players if negotiations are fairly close?) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Aren't you the one suggesting that Sowah will be good enough for us though? The Belgian league is worse than the Dutch league

Kamal is a work in progress, but I think his attitude is first class. Everybody says how good Rodgers is at improving young players so give him the chance with Sowah.

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The more I think about our other targets moving to other clubs with little challenge from us makes me think we want Madueke and if we can't get him we'll look for a stop gap loan. Frustrating if it doesn't happen.

This is my feeling. If we can't get him, then I fully expect to see someone like Hudson-Odoi or Dan James rock up on deadline day.