Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

16 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I can’t see Chelsea or Man Utd agreeing to strengthen us. 

This and Hudson Odoi does not seem like a Rodgers player. Doesnt seem the most hard working whenever I've seen him play and often looks like a luxury player. 

12 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Man U did West Ham last year.

We have sold a number of players to Chelsea in recent years Kante, Chilwell and Drinkwater, so I'd imagine we have a decent relationship.

20 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I see what you're saying but if a peripheral player for them comes and plays brilliantly for us but only on-loan then that probably strengthens them long-term. Two ways of looking at it I guess.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

@Finnegan you can play it cool all you want, but you wouldn't be so active in this thread if there wasn't a small part of you that felt that this is gonna happen :D

I mean there's literally nothing else in here. We're so tight lipped about our transfer business that transfer talk has become a really weird animal. If Fab or Terreur says something is happening, there's no point discussing it because it basically is. If the source is anything else, it's probably made up nonsense and there's no point discussing it. 

Looking through transfer talk at the moment, this is the only transfer that could actually be real. Even players we think we're likely to want to sell there's no major buzz for. 

The manager has said we'd ultimately like to still do business but we've got no idea how much is left in the kitty, how dependant it is on outgoings or if we're just going to loan a la Under again this year. 

So this is kinda the only game in town at the moment. I definitely think it could have weight to it, I just think people are getting drastically over buzzed (and I know it's foxestalk but this is excessive even for this place) because nothing else is really happening so it's easy to get drawn in to "it's Noni or nothing" at this stage. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I don't think Chelsea sees us as a threat at this point.  They might do a loan deal if they thought it benefitted them.

43 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

This and Hudson Odoi does not seem like a Rodgers player. Doesnt seem the most hard working whenever I've seen him play and often looks like a luxury player. 

CHO is an odd player, seems to have had the world eternally at his feet. Surprised he’s only 20, hopefully he can move on before he becomes another Chelsea nearly player.

Wouldn’t want him at Leicester, no wheeeey.

1 minute ago, ScrumpyJack said:

CHO is an odd player, seems to have had the world eternally at his feet. Surprised he’s only 20, hopefully he can move on before he becomes another Chelsea nearly player.

Wouldn’t want him at Leicester, no wheeeey.

Ha! I’d definitely take him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hudson-Odoi would be a useful addition even if on loan, fully attuned to the PL and pretty versatile in wide areas. He also defends well. Chelsea are unlikely to use him too much so I think this is worth pursuing.

Edited by An Sionnach

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Of course the kid has talent but if you think he is going to transform us you are bound to be disappointed. The EPL is a different order of things to the Dutch league and he would quickly be targeted. In fact given the strength of our squad it would probably take Neymar to noticeably improve us.

Thanks.  I'll stop hoping we sign a promising young left footed right winger with skill to burn and a physical presence.

Who is going to start the Neymar thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Since Percy dropped out of our orbit the only one who seems consistently to actually be reporting news rather than either pulling stuff out of his ass or parroting what he saw elsewhere is Fab.  And if he's said a word linking us to Madueke, I don't remember it.

Nixon is as good as anyone in this country at reporting on stuff for us. Astonishing he's not moved on from The Sun to somewhere more reputable by now.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A top tier credible source (which Nixon isn't) claiming we'd either had a bid accepted or we'd agreed terms with the player* subject to an agreement between the clubs (which Nixon has distanced himself from anyway.) 

That or multiple fairly strong sources all claiming we were currently negotiating with PSV with the same determination we went after Fofana. 

I don't doubt for one second that Madueke is one of our options. He almost certainly is. But there's probably six or seven of these options at different levels of availability we can loan or buy. I mean who saw Cengiz Under coming before we settled in the end last year? 

(*I've noticed this happen backwards a few times in transfers lately according to reports, not quite sure how it isn't tapping up. I assume clubs get provisional permission to talk to players if negotiations are fairly close?) 

Nixon isn't a credible source? He's literally the best journalist bar Percy who's reported on players we are in for that have then gone on to sign for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

To the extent that our interest was ever serious (I'm still not convinced), if it's based on PSV missing the CL we may be in trouble.  They're probably slight favorites to go through with an away goal and only a 1-goal deficit.

Away goals?  You are so last century!   ( I post as someone called a boomer by my 14 year old).

Rules have changed for this season.   No longer a factor.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nixon isn't a credible source? He's literally the best journalist bar Percy who's reported on players we are in for that have then gone on to sign for us. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A top tier credible source (which Nixon isn't) claiming we'd either had a bid accepted or we'd agreed terms with the player* subject to an agreement between the clubs (which Nixon has distanced himself from anyway.) 

I can only really think of Fab and Terreur I'd put in that bracket for our transfers in the last few years. If they say we've bid for someone, we've signed them. Can't remember many exceptions? 

And Nixon has worked pretty hard with this rumour to be extremely non-committal, stating we're interested but refusing to go any further than that. 

Which is pretty much what I've said I believe anyway - that he's someone we're watching but even we're not sure if we'll be able to afford it, let alone make it happen, yet.

Personally think you'll be looking at very late in to next week, at the earliest, before we've got any really solid idea what sort of additional signing we can expect. 

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can only really think of Fab and Terreur I'd put in that bracket for our transfers in the last few years. If they say we've bid for someone, we've signed them. Can't remember many exceptions? 

And Nixon has worked pretty hard with this rumour to be extremely non-committal, stating we're interested but refusing to go any further than that. 

Which is pretty much what I've said I believe anyway - that he's someone we're watching but even we're not sure if we'll be able to afford it, let alone make it happen, yet.

Personally think you'll be looking at very late in to next week, at the earliest, before we've got any really solid idea what sort of additional signing we can expect. 

He hasn’t been non-committal, he’s been honest about the situation: PSV looking for a bidding war with us and Dortmund and obviously want to see how their UCL qualification goes. Nixon has said we’ve been very active for weeks. 

I think we all expect any signing in that area to be very late in the window. 

12 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Excessive for Foxestalk?

We're not even 50 pages in yet, we all know we need to get this thread to over 100 by the end of the window to help get the transfer over the line.

And we're running out of time. 

If anything we're being far too laid back on here.

I second this. Pages are lacking. Pages make £ and we need £ for this signing.

#prayforpages #makethissigningreal

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

What Nixon says seems to be logical. We've evidently not made a bid yet, there's possibly been pleminary talks and it suits us not making a public bid for a transfer thats only welcome if they fail to get CL. We either try and blow them out the water with a huge bid or we don't show our hand to the rest of the market if we can't get Madueke.

I'm not confident we will get him but I do think he's our only target that we would be willing to pay serious money for this summer.

• Like 1