Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m sure that’s what Under thought too.

Fair point, I'd counteract that though with Ünder being too easy to leave put because we didn't have to buy him and Rodgers repeatedly said his defensive work wasn't good enough. One of the reasons he's signed Soumare I think is to allow 2 direct wingers whose defensive work isn't required. A 4-3-3 if you like, rather than a 4-2-3-1. 

I actually think Ünders defensive capabilities aren't as bad as Rodgers made out, he should have been given more of a chance. Madueke will be our main man, we won't get him without that promise either.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But Under was bollocks!

Not like we ever found out. He came highly regarded, was expected to play, Rodgers found his reasons to bury him, and he has two goals already this season.  My point is that Madueke may be the it boy for fans at the moment, but there’s no guarantee he’ll suit BR any better than Under did.

Yes the club had a real problem of buy players then leaving them to rot on the bench. Many good players have never been given a real run in the 1st team , then there discarded as useless players . This may one day come back and bit us on the arse .

3 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Yes the club had a real problem of buy players then leaving them to rot on the bench. Many good players have never been given a real run in the 1st team , then there discarded as useless players . This may one day come back and bit us on the arse .

Eh? Who exactly? The only player that springs to mind is Praet….. I’d love to know who all these other players are we’ve left to “rot” on our bench……

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Eh? Who exactly? The only player that springs to mind is Praet….. I’d love to know who all these other players are we’ve left to “rot” on our bench……

Castagne could be the next one when Justin is fit.

I guess it could be down to who is in his ear and what he wants. If he's keen to play a lot and keep plying his trade, he'll either go to Germany or do one of the English clubs that will play him - us. 

If his agent sees branding, marketing and pound signs he'll be off to bench warm for the big boys. 

Though I will give Ole credit - he does give kids a chance.