Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chilwell sale bought Fofana and payed for most of Casteigne. Looking very likely we need to sell an asset to fund a purchase like this. Time is passing and given how protracted deals can be , the window will be shut before we know it.

Yes but it's amazing how much business gets done in the last few days of the Window. Choudary and Praet out then we're sorted with the money to bring him in.

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You don’t half panic about the finances, we have people employed by the club to do that, they’re financial experts. If we want a player we will buy one. 

I don't panic as such but I do like to keep my feet on the ground. Its OK being an optimist as long as you can carry the inevitable disappointments. This club has exceeded every expectation over the last fifteen years so we certainly should be confident but now we are up there , the real battle starts to keep us there. Financially we are very sound and yet I still don't see our owners taking  too many risks. Madueke , carries more risk than say Pereira or someone like Berardi , that's why for this position we should go for proven quality over potential.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You have to take some.

Fofana was a bigger risk the Tarks, but we likely end up with a player double what his is worth.

I agree in football transfers there is always risk. We bought a young prospect in Fofana and so far it is going very well but we balanced that with experience in Casteigne . We have bought two more prospects in Soumaré and Daka so for me an experienced wide man seems the best option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Wonder how someone like Sowah would have do, playing the same amount of games for a good PSV side.

I hope he's given game time even if we get a RW in.

Sometimes its easy to look far a field for a solution when you can have one under your nosey.

Would Barnes be were he is now if we had'nt been short of LW options?  

He played best on his loan as the 10., Sowah was unconvincing on the wings. If Maddison continues to be poor as the 10 for the 3-4-1-2, he'll get his opportunity.

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He played best on his loan as the 10., Sowah was unconvincing on the wings. If Maddison continues to be poor as the 10 for the 3-4-1-2, he'll get his opportunity.

I personally felt he was best on the wings where he was better able to utilise his pace - specifically on the right coming in on his stronger left foot

I don’t think his passing is quite there yet for him to be a 10, he can cover there, but it isn’t his best position

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I’m not sure that’s true.

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You maybe be right and more then likely watched him more then me.

But he's stat don't back that statement up, in terms of goals and assists. Play wide 8 goals 5 assists, down the middle 2 goals, 2 assists.

Right Winger 15 5 2
Second Striker 12 1 1
Left Winger 10 3 3
Central Midfield 7 - 1
Attacking Midfield 6 1 1

@KlaaZ @Bonanza @leuven can you guys clear up what he best postion is?

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He was best at RW until they shifted him for Al-Tamaari

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

You maybe be right and more then likely watched him more then me.

But he's stat don't back that statement up, in terms of goals and assists. Play wide 8 goals 5 assists, down the middle 2 goals, 2 assists.

Right Winger 15 5 2
Second Striker 12 1 1
Left Winger 10 3 3
Central Midfield 7 - 1
Attacking Midfield 6 1 1

@KlaaZ @Bonanza @leuven can you guys clear up what he best postion is?

In my opinion, he's at his best as a winger. His speed is his biggest strength

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

In my opinion, he's at his best as a winger. His speed is his biggest strength

From the bits I watched he was much more effective on the right in the 1st half of the season than the left but could that have simply been because he lost form? He's one of the quickest players I've seen for a while.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

From the bits I watched he was much more effective on the right in the 1st half of the season than the left but could that have simply been because he lost form? He's one of the quickest players I've seen for a while.

He lost his form for sure, but he was nothing short of spectacular in August, September, October and the beginning of November.

In October of last year, Belgian football talkshow Extra Time talked about Kamal's speed:

https://www.world-today-news.com/high-speed-distance-the-new-gold-can-differentiate-between-profit-and-loss-extra-time/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

You don’t half panic about the finances, we have people employed by the club to do that, they’re financial experts. If we want a player we will buy one. 

No team is infallible. I don’t think it’s foolish to question this kind of stuff.

Also, do we have any credible links to this guy or is it a bit Leon Bailey too?

21 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

No team is infallible. I don’t think it’s foolish to question this kind of stuff.

Also, do we have any credible links to this guy or is it a bit Leon Bailey too?

No you’re right, but whoever the poster is will be wondering around the training ground with a calculator turning all of the lights off as he goes. 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Madueke is my first choice personally. 

I just don't know enough about him. Is he a genuine RW? Decent crosser? Chips in with goals? 

Yes from me if so! Although sure I just read his manager saying he isn't leaving 

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I just don't know enough about him. Is he a genuine RW? Decent crosser? Chips in with goals? 

Yes from me if so! Although sure I just read his manager saying he isn't leaving 

That doesn’t really mean much in modern football though does it?

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That doesn’t really mean much in modern football though does it?

True. Does increase the price usually though. Much prefer him to be a Kabak or Bailey situation where they are actively up for sale 

Maybe a loan with agreed fee after 12 months is the way to go

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I posted something at the start of the month about it, basically the Technical Director is saying he won't sell him, but apparently if the bid is big enough then the board may get involved - basically the same situation as Fofana last year, Puel wanted to keep him, board were willing to step in and sell when we offered enough

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

True. Does increase the price usually though. Much prefer him to be a Kabak or Bailey situation where they are actively up for sale 

Maybe a loan with agreed fee after 12 months is the way to go

It’s still quite early in the window, it’s almost certainly a tactic to increase the price. I personally think best value is achieved by getting the guy in that is likely to do best, rather hoping to snatch a bargain all the time.

I don’t know enough about Bailey tbh but I watched a few PSV games and I was hoping we would go for Madueke and Malen.

Obviously Malen is not what we need now we have Daka but Madueke although still a bit raw, is perfect for us in my opinion. He will terrify defences and has all the attributes to go to the very top if handled right.

I’d snap their hands off if we could get a loan with an option at about £25m-£30m.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

Well if the guy comes here he is likely to get first team football simply because he would have little to no genuine competition. Sure, the Kamal might come good, but he won’t be seen as first choice by any stretch. Noni would walk into that position. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Well if the guy comes here he is likely to get first team football simply because he would have little to no genuine competition. Sure, the Kamal might come good, but he won’t be seen as first choice by any stretch. Noni would walk into that position. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2