Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

5 hours ago, noniiiballer said:

Even if PSV doesn’t qualify for the champions league, he is most likely to stay at PSV and play europa league one more season.

100% staying at PSV this window. If he ends up going away this transferwindow i will sell my house, my car and everything that i own.

37CF3AE0-56EC-4F80-A8DE-F24880EB4FA7.png

Because you're actually Noni, (talking about yourself in the third person), and you'd be moving to Leicester?

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I slipped into his DM’s and told him to join us, purely academic from here….. just be patient kids. 

Madueke is actually aware of what I champion for the cause for players of his ilk. He respects the craft and its a procession that he's coming. Will be in before next weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Guest said:

Do you think we'd be in a better position than we currently are if we'd made those players an important part of the squad?

Had we not wasted 60m on two of them we could have our winger in the bag now.

So without them we would be in a better place.

9 hours ago, noniiiballer said:

Even if PSV doesn’t qualify for the champions league, he is most likely to stay at PSV and play europa league one more season.

100% staying at PSV this window. If he ends up going away this transferwindow i will sell my house, my car and everything that i own.

37CF3AE0-56EC-4F80-A8DE-F24880EB4FA7.png

This transfer gets more appealing by the day

10 hours ago, noniiiballer said:

What Rik Elfrink said is 100% true. Do you guys think that Leicester is willing to pay more than or €40mil? If yes, then there is still a chance, the board really doesn’t want to let him go this season and he has confirmed he wants to stay if he gets playing time here.

Yes, I do. If it's for a player we believe can improve our team in a big way, and for a saleable asset in a few years time.

That's supposedly around the fee we paid for Tielemans, and we also spent relatively big for Fofana last year.

We don't splash around the cash much, but if we spot a target we really like, we will go for it, and usually the highest we will go, is conveniently around €40m.

As for playing time, he would be the 1st choice RW for us, no question. It's why we're all so desperate for this signing. We've had no real RW for years now and it's our biggest weakness. He would get all the playing time he wants at a club famous for improving youth players, and he can move back to his home country. 

Players can state their intentions to stay, but sometime offers come along that they weren't expecting.

I'm certainly not saying this will definitely happen, I don't expect movement until next week, and any deal could easily be dead in the water by then. But it's most definitely possible that he could move before the transfer window is over, so I wouldn't bet your house or car or anything just yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Had we not wasted 60m on two of them we could have our winger in the bag now.

So without them we would be in a better place.

Yeah I agree with you - the poster I quoted was saying they were good players who we should have used rather than not playing and then getting rid of, which I thought was odd.

4 hours ago, Verumex said:

Yes, I do. If it's for a player we believe can improve our team in a big way, and for a saleable asset in a few years time.

That's supposedly around the fee we paid for Tielemans, and we also spent relatively big for Fofana last year.

We don't splash around the cash much, but if we spot a target we really like, we will go for it, and usually the highest we will go, is conveniently around €40m.

As for playing time, he would be the 1st choice RW for us, no question. It's why we're all so desperate for this signing. We've had no real RW for years now and it's our biggest weakness. He would get all the playing time he wants at a club famous for improving youth players, and he can move back to his home country. 

Players can state their intentions to stay, but sometime offers come along that they weren't expecting.

I'm certainly not saying this will definitely happen, I don't expect movement until next week, and any deal could easily be dead in the water by then. But it's most definitely possible that he could move before the transfer window is over, so I wouldn't bet your house or car or anything just yet.

Go back to Fofana. He massively improved the team and that's why BR forced the issue to push that over the line. I'd expect the same to be true of Noni Madueke as well. Playing time will be nothing to worry about after some bedding in time.

On the bench for PSV tonight 

He’s too expensive for us. We’ve had a great window but does just highlight the gap between us and some other sides hey? If they need a RW, they go and get their man. We will probably have to patch it up and give it a go like last season with Perez and Albrighton. Good players but not going to help us move forwards. Shame. Perhaps we’ll get our man though next summer 

3 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

He’s too expensive for us. We’ve had a great window but does just highlight the gap between us and some other sides hey? If they need a RW, they go and get their man. We will probably have to patch it up and give it a go like last season with Perez and Albrighton. Good players but not going to help us move forwards. Shame. Perhaps we’ll get our man though next summer 

€40m is our historical limit and we can get him for that. 

Even if its a bit more, I can see us paying up to €45m if required and we really, really wanted him. 

Your point is right, we tend to fish in different waters than the top, top clubs, but occasionally we do spend really big, and our signings so far this window have all been bargains.

7 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

Gotta make sure he doesn't get injured before he joins us :thumbup:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Verumex said:

€40m is our historical limit and we can get him for that. 

Even if its a bit more, I can see us paying up to €45m if required and we really, really wanted him. 

Your point is right, we tend to fish in different waters than the top, top clubs, but occasionally we do spend really big, and our signings so far this window have all been bargains.

I see your point mate but just consider how much we’ve spent already, possible effects of Covid and the fact we haven’t sold any of our ‘star’ players, which is the normal model.

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Gotta make sure he doesn't get injured before he joins us :thumbup:

Haha Absolutely!! Never meant to wind people up with that btw, probably should’ve kept my mouth shut 🙈 Just what someone told me. Again, given all other evidence, probably rubbish.

Let’s hope he bags the winner! 

I honestly don’t think we are even persuing this.

We may have made a tentative enquiry at one point, but I don’t think Brendan sees RW as an urgent matter. A lot of fans do, but I don’t think Brendan does.

When Castagne returns (shortly), he’ll add the option of Ricardo pushing forward onto RW. He has Perez, who he likes for his balling winning and defensive attributes in the opposition half, and Albrighton is an option.

Also, a RW only really fits when we play 4-2-3-1, it doesn’t fit when we play 4-4-2 as we play more of a narrow diamond, or 5-3-2, so pretty sure he sees spending big on a RW as a bit of a waste.

£40m for Madueke, especially when other teams would battle us for him, seems totally unrealistic, and not our type of business.

A loan, or up to about £15m for a young prospect, for the times we do play 4-2-3-1, seems about the most we’d be interested in for a right winger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, City1884 said:

We may have made a tentative enquiry at one point, but I don’t think Brendan sees RW as an urgent matter. A lot of fans do, but I don’t think Brendan does.

When Castagne returns (shortly), he’ll add the option of Ricardo pushing forward onto RW. He has Perez, who he likes for his balling winning and defensive attributes in the opposition half, and Albrighton is an option.

Also, a RW only really fits when we play 4-2-3-1, it doesn’t fit when we play 4-4-2 as we play more of a narrow diamond, or 5-3-2, so pretty sure he sees spending big on a RW as a bit of a waste.

£40m for Madueke, especially when other teams would battle us for him, seems totally unrealistic, and not our type of business.

A loan, or up to about £15m for a young prospect, for the times we do play 4-2-3-1, seems about the most we’d be interested in for a right winger.

Goals are the issue….. we need more goals from somewhere…. Otherwise we won’t break the top four like we want too. Castagne, Ricardo et al will not add those. We can’t continue to kid ourselves that we can make do, particularly depending what our goals are.

It’s also driving us up the pitch and producing assists etc… I’d be interested to see what the stats are from our full backs in terms of assists, because I bet they’re not great. 

18 minutes ago, City1884 said:

He said he wants to sign more players, what positions do you think he's after more players in then?

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Goals are the issue….. we need more goals from somewhere…. Otherwise we won’t break the top four like we want too. Castagne, Ricardo et al will not add those. We can’t continue to kid ourselves that we can make do, particularly depending what our goals are.

It’s also driving us up the pitch and producing assists etc… I’d be interested to see what the stats are from our full backs in terms of assists, because I bet they’re not great. 

Agreed and our defence looks vulnerable which makes the need to be devastating on the attack just as much of a priority as ever. We are not a team that prospers trying to play a containment game week in, week out so its vital we fix our glaring weakness.

• Like 1