Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

Tanner has said he is a target but the fee is currently too high. 

He adds we’re likely to pursue a loan deal unless we manage to ship out at least a couple of players, although he didn’t mention Sowah among the possible departures so we may have a bigger budget than he thinks. 

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I thought this may be the case wouldn’t surprise me to see a winger and a CB on loan. 

Anyone any ideas who might be available on loan?

Can't wait to see tonights match. I think we (PSV) can beat Benfica. In Lisbon Madueke didn't play very well. His defender made sure Noni couldn't reach the center, like Robben always did. We'll see if Noni has a different plan tonight.

Btw: He stays. You can try again next summer. :)

2 minutes ago, v.Nistelrooij said:

Can't wait to see tonights match. I think we (PSV) can beat Benfica. In Lisbon Madueke didn't play very well. His defender made sure Noni couldn't reach the center, like Robben always did. We'll see if Noni has a different plan tonight.

Btw: He stays. You can try again next summer. :)

I hope we somehow get Noni. But, good luck and enjoy tonight's game buddy. 

8 minutes ago, teblin said:

I thought this may be the case wouldn’t surprise me to see a winger and a CB on loan. 

Anyone any ideas who might be available on loan?

Hudson-Odoi makes by far the most sense.  And I doubt after this weekend that Chelsea will be too worried about strengthening us.

Guest Kopfkino
29 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Listening to his answer on transfers last night, didn’t sound like a man with much hope of getting anything, loan or buy

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are Chelsea going to let him go though? 

Well, they aren't going to use him apart from maybe a few cup matches.  I suppose it depends on whether they still think he's worth developing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Hudson-Odoi makes by far the most sense.  And I doubt after this weekend that Chelsea will be too worried about strengthening us.

I wouldn't want to develop a player for another premier league club. If we could sign him fine. A loan would be counter productive in the long term. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I wouldn't want to develop a player for another premier league club. If we could sign him fine. A loan would be counter productive in the long term. 

I don't think we can afford to be that picky this late on in the window when it's such a glaring issue. I think CHO is a little overrated, probably as a result of the Bayern interest a few seasons ago, but at the very least he's a round peg for a round hole.

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

At this moment in time I really couldn't give a fcuk. I'd have him or even Lingard in on loan and happily give them back next season if they've scored 10 goals for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't think we can afford to be that picky this late on in the window when it's such a glaring issue. I think CHO is a little overrated, probably as a result of the Bayern interest a few seasons ago, but at the very least he's a round peg for a round hole.

If he does well then all he does in the long term is make Chelsea better. If he does badly then all that happens is we lose money/don't improve. I would much rather try for a loan with option to buy on someone we could realistically sign if they do, do well. Like an Under type deal.

19 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If he does well then all he does in the long term is make Chelsea better. If he does badly then all that happens is we lose money/don't improve. I would much rather try for a loan with option to buy on someone we could realistically sign if they do, do well. Like an Under type deal.

It genuinely wouldn't bother me at the moment, if we're to keep within touching distance of the top 4 it's becoming more obvious a short term fix is likely with the window closing. A bit of long-term gain for Chelsea is more than offset by the fact we'd have an actual right winger and could reassess next summer. 

"If he does badly then all that happens is we lose money / don't improve" could apply for all transfers, loans or permanents, I'd argue there's probably less risk in this given time is running out. There'll no doubt be exceptions but we don't tend to nail last minute signings...

I take it we’ve given up on this now?

Currently 0-0 in the PSV - Benfica game.

Benfica winning 2-1 on aggregate but they are down to 10 men after 37 mins…