Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No wonder we are willing to sell Sowah for €9m + add ones if we knew there was a genuine chance we could get Madueke for £20m. The race is on. Rudkin in the mixer.

If we can sort a buy-back option for Sowah, that could be a very tidy couple of deals indeed.

36 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Isnt he considered to be PSV's best player? If so then surely he would be around the 30 mil mark for them even if he was older, he seems to be scoring almost every game for them

No he isn't. Most of his appearances last season were as substitute. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....what do you think......!!!

Maybe I'm the only one but I could see myself getting frustrated by how often he chooses to drive at several players when there is a clear pass on. 

It is only a few clips on YoutTube though tbf

45 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Isnt he considered to be PSV's best player? If so then surely he would be around the 30 mil mark for them even if he was older, he seems to be scoring almost every game for them

From the 2 Benfica games I saw, he definitely didn't seem like their best player. (Small sample size admittedly)

He was a force, and there was a buzz anytime the ball got to him, but Gakpo seemed to be the main threat and Gotze was everywhere.

He was also subbed off at 60 minutes both games and they didn't lose any intensity. 

While I very much liked what I saw of Madueke, I don't think PSV become much weaker without him. They'll be fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Maybe I'm the only one but I could see myself getting frustrated by how often he chooses to drive at several players when there is a clear pass on. 

As we saw the other night we desperately need players who can drive at the opposition though, West Ham just closed down the passing lanes and it was game over from the first minute.

• Like 3

Just now, honeybradger said:

As we saw the other night we desperately need players who can drive at the opposition though, West Ham just closed down the passing lanes and it was game over from the first minute.

should have put more accurate balls over the top imo, to have Barnes and Vardy latch on to

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

PLEASE STOP THIS!!!!

IT AIN'T HAPPENING!

You sound super angry.

40 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

.....I said that before in a previous post....he has the tendency to be greedy and that is my only worry with him!!!

Mahrez had the same attitude and would take the shot as oppose to make the pass, the difference was Mahrez could justify taking the shot, because he invariably scored even though the pass was the right option.

I could envisage that it could be frustrating and hope that he would learn to take the correct decisions whilst developing..

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Anyone else see the game yesterday and who were you impressed with?

Thought the commentators had a good game.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Heard there's going to be quite an extensive medical involved. Concerned we're signing a bloke with a bad injury history.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

should have put more accurate balls over the top imo, to have Barnes and Vardy latch on to

I don't think playing the ball over the top for the likes of Barnes and Vardy to chase in behind was really on against West Ham as their defenders were sitting so deep. What we really needed was players who could burst from deeper positions, take players on and force West Ham players  to commit or move out of position, thereby creating space for our other players. In the starting team on Monday we had virtually nobody able to burst forward from deeper positions except for Barnes and to an extent Ricardo. But as Barnes and Ricardo had very little support from Thomas and Perez, who both lack speed and physicality, it was easy for West Ham to surround them quickly and force them back. Hence the endless and largely ineffective short passing at the back and in midfield. We need to get way more physicality and running power into the team so I'm all for giving Soumaré a go, getting Justin back at LB asap to support Barnes on the left (though tbf Bertrand looks decent at overlapping) and signing a pacy, direct RW like Madueke to work with Ricardo or Castagne.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Madueke? Didn't know about his injury record, is it bad?

Someone told me he has no knees which is a concern